1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-05-2020, 05:45 AM

isnt thats what you said on tgt too?
Old 03-05-2020, 06:24 AM

I’m not a Glock hater, but never got one (yet), because I shoot my sons here and there.
Glocks imho are just “vanilla’...nothing bad, but as soon as you get it home, they need things done to make them better.
For striker fire/Poly gun, I went with an HK VP9 and like it better than the Glock.
Triigger, grip, sights all better than the Gs. I probably have 6+k rounds through mine without any issues and the trigger just keeps getting better. They’re accurate and bomb proof.
Their newer VP9s is the smaller carry version which is essentially the same gun.

Last edited by Plantar5; 03-05-2020 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy phil View Post
isnt thats what you said on tgt too?
So what?
Old 03-05-2020, 06:54 AM

I was unaware that the Coronavirus attacks ones ability to reason...Ya’ll have fallen off the turnip truck. This is a forum for men that like steel guns, leather holsters and large primed .45! Not plastic, in plastic shooting girly rounds!
Old 03-05-2020, 08:21 AM

I love 1911's and carried them for many years. Also I have a number of Sigs (SAOs), P320, and P365 that I consider to be nice guns. Recently I took the plunge and bought a G45 MOS because I did not want to be locked into Sigs limited optics. In all honesty, it is growing on me especially after adding an after market trigger. There are many good guns on the market and they all have their pros and cons.

If it is dependable and you can shoot it well, then go for what every meets your needs. While I like nice and pretty things, to me a gun is a tool and aesthetics does not enter into the picture. Which is not to say that Glocks can not be highly customized in their own right.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:42 PM

I doubt it will ever happen - But as the 48 is basically a single stack Glock 19.... I'd love to see them make a single stack G17 or G34. With the longer grip, they could probably make a 12 round mag. If they ever did that, I'd buy one....
Old 03-05-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
I was unaware that the Coronavirus attacks ones ability to reason...Ya’ll have fallen off the turnip truck. This is a forum for men that like steel guns, leather holsters and large primed .45! Not plastic, in plastic shooting girly rounds!
Is Goatse still in business?
Old 03-05-2020, 09:17 PM

If I am going to carry a slim line 9 mm, I go for my Walther CCP. Even the spare magazines are easy to conceal.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:23 PM

You now have a terminal case of Glockitis. There is no escaping the Glock. I love my 1911s; but I must admit that a pistol that is inexpensive, reliable, durable, dependable, and simple is a real phenomenon. Loved by the troops and the bean counters. Has a tremendous number of users: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock scroll down and take a look. Now used by the Border Patrol and the Secret Service. Used by Delta Force and Navy Seals, Recon marines and a lot of other spec op groups in the world.
Even Ken Hackathorn, 1911 lover and ambassador for Wilson Combat, said that if he could have only one pistol it would be a Glock.
Now go and buy that Glock cause you will have to have it. Glock has toothy, little toe chewing elves just waiting to chew your toes off if you do not buy that Glock.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
You forgot 4X4 trucks and muscle cars not flashy, prissy sports cars, campfires back in the woods they build themselves and light with a single match, or flint and steel. Not those pretty little fires built by the staff in cute little fire pits for guests at the resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBd9xZ4qy4

Of course a real man runs what he likes and could care less what anyone else thinks.

R.I.P. Miss Andi. It was a fine, long run old pup and I miss ya. AIW
Old 03-05-2020, 11:28 PM

For a little fun. This has been done for so many things, but it's still fun it seems no matter how it's played up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQYe...ature=emb_logo

Oh, and the original movie was pretty good. Don't recall the name offhand.

Old 03-06-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
Is Goatse still in business?
Ummmmm, I think you just brought it back!!
Here, deposit your Glocks in here please!
Old 03-06-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Iron Wolf View Post
You forgot 4X4 trucks and muscle cars not flashy, prissy sports cars, campfires back in the woods they build themselves and light with a single match, or flint and steel. Not those pretty little fires built by the staff in cute little fire pits for guests at the resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBd9xZ4qy4

Of course a real man runs what he likes and could care less what anyone else thinks.
Dern tootin!
One thing though......real men don’t buy no ugly truck!
As far as the 4x4 gettin’ back in the woods to build a fire as opposed to a Subaru pulling up to the resort.......spot on brother....”ewww, the bugs”....
Old 03-06-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Dern tootin!
One thing though......real men don’t buy no ugly truck!
As far as the 4x4 gettin’ back in the woods to build a fire as opposed to a Subaru pulling up to the resort.......spot on brother....”ewww, the bugs”....
That's right. Ugly trucks are made by earning their ugly, not bought. Like honest worn bluing on a long carried firearm.

I do have to admit though. I really like my Nissan NV200 cargo van. Despite all the free candy jokes. I call it the White Tardis. My wife calls it the Plutonium Van. I keep telling people I'm going to hang rope, zip ties, duct tape, and a meat hook on a rack in the back. If they only knew that in the survival kit/camp box in the back there is a long bundle of rope, knives, and a folding saw. Oh, and the important stuff. TP.

I tell people that with the stash in the back and the van to sleep in that if I get stranded between two floods I'll call back and tell folks, "If I'm lucky I'll be back in 4 or 5 days. If not I'll be back in 2 )

I can sleep in it, haul stuff, and even use it as a rifle shooting platform in the rain. More importantly, I can actually get in and out of it. Love the howl of a Ferrari, but at this point in life just looking at one and thinking of trying to fold myself into one hurts. Grey man vehicle all the way!

Old 03-06-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Here, deposit your Glocks in here please!
And the irony of the whole situation is that the "Goatsee" Glock would probably just need a TP wipe down to function as intended.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2020, 02:23 PM

A little help for the OP - Shipwreck, here are a few things to think about.

I would remind everyone, as a Glock Armorer and professional Glock carrier that the Glock is indeed a reliable, utilitarian weapon. And making the grip frame less fat gets rid of one of it's biggest faults (although the capacity gets closer to a 1911) - but:

1.) The Glock trigger sucks, always did - and apparently always will. Long, spongy and that stupid safety lever bites my finger - long shooting sessions always end up with a sore finger. (One full range day a year, plus practice, for me - I HATE the Glock trigger.)
2.) Guys, I checked the average velocities from a Glock 48. Around 1100 fps - at best. Congratulations, you are (even with the 4" barrel) ballistics wise, carrying a .38 Special +P. The military got saddled with it so Italy would buy into the F-16 Eurofighter project and let us put medium ranged Nukes on Italian soil - in exchange for millions of dollars to Beretta. Combat utility had nothing to do with the adoption of the Beretta M9 - or the 9MM by the US.mil, Politics, pure and simple.

Let's be clear - the current ascendancy of the 9MM is, in fact due to two (2) things.
A.) 9MM is cheaper and you get more bullets - and at .38 special level, you will need them.
B.) The plastic 9MMs are the Administrator/city budget officer's dream. Cheap ammo, Lowest common denominator handguns, for the New Generation of Non-Warriors. With the loss of height/weight/experience requirements by virtually every law enforcement agency in the United States (Yay!, PC and Feminism for making everything so FAIR!) we need a gun the non-physical/mechanical new generation 5'2" 120lb soaking wet girls and Pajama Boys can somehow even begin to qualify with. It needs to be simple because they are NOT a bit Mechanical - unless it looks and feels like an Iphone they cannot begin to understand it.

And NO, the Laws of Physics have not been repealed by bullet design - the 9MM is still a mediocre caliber at best. The only way to make a .36 caliber perform is Over 1350 fps Velocity - like the .357 Magnum - which very few 9MMs will ever come within 200 fps of. So the FBI (that bastion of lawyers and accountants) has commissioned studies to "PROVE" that 9MM = .357/10MM/.45ACP - "It doesn't make any difference what caliber you carry!" What hogwash - just to make the 9MM PC and acceptable to those who believe whatever the government publishes....

Well, enjoy being Trendy, guys. I'm told Kool Aid is pretty appealing. I'll stick with my "light" caliber 1911 EDC being full charge Super .38/9x23 Win. and my more regular carry either 10MM and .45ACP - in a 1911 with a Good Trigger. If I ever have a hip problem, I'll get a shoulder holster - and an alloy Defender isn't all that heavy, anyway. I have Glocks, but they are like the clunky box the 1911 came in - great under the pillow gun with a light, though..... CC

Certified Law Enforcement Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer

Last edited by Col. Colt; 03-06-2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Iron Wolf View Post
For a little fun. This has been done for so many things, but it's still fun it seems no matter how it's played up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQYe...ature=emb_logo

Oh, and the original movie was pretty good. Don't recall the name offhand.
Downfall is the name of the movie that great parody was made from.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:37 PM

Old 03-06-2020, 05:24 PM

"And you say this is truly a sub $600.00 firearm, Gaston?"
Attached Thumbnails
4s67xFWZbzWnvHGnhcqjKJu_42qu8G8zvh7Dc8o8CHA.jpg  
Old 03-06-2020, 07:55 PM

God, those last 2 posts had me rolling, spewing! Well done.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:50 AM

Butthead does have a couple turds stuck in his polygonal barrel!
Sorry.....
Old 03-07-2020, 10:32 AM

Take 2 aspirin & a nap until it passes...
Old 03-07-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Butthead does have a couple turds stuck in his polygonal barrel!

Sorry.....
Well, they're usually not all deformed (plus having a superior gas seal) when I do push them out.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2020, 12:52 PM

As the OP is asking for help to keep from getting involved w/ plastic instead of steel and wood, suggest he repurpose whatever he bought as a Jello mold or Tupperware container. The real handguns of the world will thank him.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM

Look, Shipwreck. The answer here is simple: get one. You'll either like it or you will not. I like my G21 very much. I also like my ACW Prime.

Remember, the best response to temptation is to yield.