How many purchased the AR 15ís? - Page 4 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM

Why would anyone want one? I picked one up last week and it was like lifting a large side by side fridge! It frites a 20 mm nuclear warhead. It has a 30 round clip magazine belt charged thingy. It also telescopes up, down and sideways. Itís been known to impregnate a holes
Oh my!!
Old 10-10-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
I've had many AR-15's over the past 35 years from pre-ban Colts to Bushmasters and DPMS, but I always keep going back to the HK91/G3.

I probably won't buy another AR-15 while on this planet as I'll just trade it away or sell it again.
Not even a 93? Century sold the last of their C93 bits to PTR, who assembled them and sold them through Buds, so I bought one. Lots of fun, though I miss a BHO.

I've got a PTR9CT also, lots of fun. I'm just not a big 308 fan.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:41 AM

Few weeks ago I picked up first AR from classifieds on another forum. It's a LWRC M6IC DI. It's brand new never been fired. It has a Juggernaut Hellfighter kit installed by LWRC to make it California compliant without the weird featureless grip. My Vortex 1-6x24 scope is arriving today, just in time to take it to the range this weekend. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 Cutlass View Post
Few weeks ago I picked up first AR from classifieds on another forum. It's a LWRC M6IC DI. It's brand new never been fired. It has a Juggernaut Hellfighter kit installed by LWRC to make it California compliant without the weird featureless grip. My Vortex 1-6x24 scope is arriving today, just in time to take it to the range this weekend. Can't wait to try it out.
Can you post a few pics?
Old 10-16-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Can you post a few pics?
Here it is.

Old 10-22-2019, 12:43 PM

When you get a setup like this with 10 mags for under $750, I donít see why more people arenít buying ARs right now.

You can get a rifle with flip up sights easily for $400, sometimes even cheaper if you watch the sales closely. Now is the time of AR milk and honey and I doubt we will ever see prices this cheap in our lifetimes. Youíre a fool if youíre not buying as many ARs or at least lowers as you can afford. Mark my words, there will be another point when the market spikes and youíll be sitting on a fortune! How many people would like to see their 401k investments increase in value 100-200%? A $10 Pmag was selling for $30 online during the scare. Think about how much quick profit you could turn with $1000 worth of Pmags if you had them socked away somewhere?

Find Us On Facebook!
FFL Dealer
Old 11-07-2019, 10:56 PM

My first firearm purchase was a brand new S&W model 29 .44 magnum back in 1979. I traded it toward the purchase price of a brand new Colt Python. I traded that Python for my first rifle, back then, a brand new Colt AR15 carbine. Since those years I've traded and owned brand new HK 91, FN FAL and the FN FAL Paratrooper model, Galil AR .308, and various other firearms. A Colt AR15 carbine is a rifle that everybody should own and I do, a Colt Model 6920. It's not my main rifle nor is it my favorite rifle, but, it is a good little rifle just to have in the collection.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INV136 View Post
To paraphrase part of your statement: "A Colt AR15 carbine is not my favorite rifle, but a good little rifle to have."
I have to agree that this isn't my favorite either, but I make a point of having several types and calibers of firearms that are chambered for USGI ammunition.

I'll stipulate that there may be better ammo out there, but in any serious situation, whether all-out SHTF event, zombie apocalypse or just being caught out of position or forced to bug out by natural events, you might have real trouble getting your hands on a supply of .300 Blackout or some such when time is of the essence. But .223, .308, 9mm and 12-gauge shotshells will always be available one way or another. And having something on hand that is not only virtually identical to the current USGI firearm but also widely owned by the public in general means that spare parts won't be impossible to find, either.

My favorites are probably my AR308 marksman rifle and a 1911 in .45ACP, but if I really had to bug out with one long gun and one sidearm and limited ammo, it would probably be a 20" AR-15 or M4 clone in .223 and a P226 or 92FS in 9mm.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
....... Now is the time of AR milk and honey and I doubt we will ever see prices this cheap in our lifetimes. .....
When will it be the time of 'FN/FAL milk and honey'????? That's the one I'm waiting for!!
Old 12-03-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanajim View Post
When will it be the time of 'FN/FAL milk and honey'????? That's the one I'm waiting for!!
You mean an FN like this one? While not an FAL, it is an FN that I got off of gunbroker brand new in the box for $775/shipped. And, this thread is about AR15 rifles. As for FN FAL's, that boat left the FNH manufacturing dock over 30 years ago. They don't make them anymore.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-04-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INV136 View Post
You mean an FN like this one? While not an FAL, it is an FN that I got off of gunbroker brand new in the box for $775/shipped. And, this thread is about AR15 rifles. As for FN FAL's, that boat left the FNH manufacturing dock over 30 years ago. They don't make them anymore.

[IMG][/IMG]
Unfortunately, no, not like that one. Like this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2769179082_11e0ae3b71_b.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	569122

However, it seems that you may have taken my earlier post way too seriously!!!
Old 12-04-2019, 07:00 PM

I bought a Savage MSR15 Recon as soon as I heard Savage started building them.

The second amendment is just a start. What's next? The First amendment? 3rd? 4th?
Old 12-04-2019, 07:10 PM

I bought an Stoner upper in 7.62x39 a couple of weeks ago and have now ordered a PSA lower. Does that count as ONE?

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."
Old 12-04-2019, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractor View Post
I bought an Stoner upper in 7.62x39 a couple of weeks ago and have now ordered a PSA lower. Does that count as ONE?
It does until you go with a different upper, then decide that you need another lower to keep the old upper company. Then you'll get another upper, find you need a lower for that one too... and the sickness will spread until your gun safe is overflowing.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchencounsel View Post
I'll stipulate that there may be better ammo out there, but in any serious situation, whether all-out SHTF event, zombie apocalypse or just being caught out of position or forced to bug out by natural events, you might have real trouble getting your hands on a supply of .300 Blackout or some such when time is of the essence. But .223, .308, 9mm and 12-gauge shotshells will always be available one way or another. And having something on hand that is not only virtually identical to the current USGI firearm but also widely owned by the public in general means that spare parts won't be impossible to find, either.
When the ammo-buying panic hit in the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy .223, 9mm, .45, and .22LR were the first calibers to disappear from the shelves. For a time 9mm and .223 was impossible to find, and of course the .22LR for years afterwards. The guys with an 8mm Nambu in their safe were laughing at the rest of us.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:28 PM

Wink

The Tie Pod Kidz inspired me to build a couple of new ones. I've got a few now...

Old 12-04-2019, 10:46 PM

as others have noted, one problem (benefit?) with assembling AR15s is mission explosion for the builds.

Varmit, coyote, home defense, retro coolness, hog, target, plinking, suppressed, truck, friend loaner, and then this x2 when you start using wildcat or 7.62uppers. Irons and optic configs....

Then you start thinking you need a AR10, and are introduced to match quality buttery smooth M1As, so your 7.62x51 collection and mission explosion has to start.

and we haven't even got around to talking about getting a bullpup! and the random mini 14 or mini 30 you need to round it out.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
It does until you go with a different upper, then decide that you need another lower to keep the old upper company. Then you'll get another upper, find you need a lower for that one too... and the sickness will spread until your gun safe is overflowing.
Too late....Iím already infected. That upper, which will now be getting its own lower, already have two brothers in the safe.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWowner View Post
as others have noted, one problem (benefit?) with assembling AR15s is mission explosion for the builds.

Varmit, coyote, home defense, retro coolness, hog, target, plinking, suppressed, truck, friend loaner, and then this x2 when you start using wildcat or 7.62uppers. Irons and optic configs....

Then you start thinking you need a AR10, and are introduced to match quality buttery smooth M1As, so your 7.62x51 collection and mission explosion has to start.

and we haven't even got around to talking about getting a bullpup! and the random mini 14 or mini 30 you need to round it out.
It’s called “Mission Creep” in the military, where continued commitments add on to the original plan expanding the mission and role.
And your mentioning on a Mini 30 (I had a Mini 14 years ago) to add to my growing 7.62mm family has now sparked my interest. Damn! Mission Creep!

Old 12-27-2019, 07:09 PM

I bought my first AR last year to just have one, and figured that pricing wouldn't get any better. Bought a delton. Then i got a palmetto AK and liked it so much that i decided I would try a palmetto AR kit. I think im on my 4th palmetto kit, at this point.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWowner View Post

^^yup this. Big bore and bullpups have grown from the AR15 virus.

Last edited by LawHog; 02-09-2020 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-09-2020, 09:44 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Why would anyone want one? I picked one up last week and it was like lifting a large side by side fridge! It frites a 20 mm nuclear warhead. It has a 30 round clip magazine belt charged thingy. It also telescopes up, down and sideways. Itís been known to impregnate a holes
Oh my!!

Don't listen to the democraps. They lie.

Old 02-10-2020, 04:07 AM

had em since the 90s
Old 02-10-2020, 07:37 PM

Hello; Canadian government said AR 15 are bad and they need to ban and confiscate them. SOO if they are that good I got myself one, but of course the wife said where is mine! So back to the store.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:16 PM

I bought my Colt Sporter back in late 1993. Right after Clinton got elected..