Wilson Combat Default Finish - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-16-2019, 08:31 AM
Dddrees Dddrees is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,159
Wilson Combat Default Finish

When ordering a new gun and looking at the specifications the finish is not listed on their web site. For example if I were to order a X-Tac Elite would that come in Armor Tough Black by default or would it be Parkerized and the Armor Tough would be considered an upgrade?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2019, 08:58 AM
1054FPS 1054FPS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
When ordering a new gun and looking at the specifications the finish is not listed on their web site. For example if I were to order a X-Tac Elite would that come in Armor Tough Black by default or would it be Parkerized and the Armor Tough would be considered an upgrade?
If you mean ordering directly from Wilson, they will ask you when you place the order. If you do the gun builder they will email you then call you before finalizing usually. Armor tuff would be the standard finish so that’s not an “upgrade” I believe all armor tuff are parkerized first. Blued would cost more.

Last edited by 1054FPS; 11-16-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:01 AM
Dddrees Dddrees is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1054FPS View Post
If you mean ordering directly from Wilson, they will ask you when you place the order. If you do the gun builder they will email you then call you before finalizing usually. Armor tuff would be the standard finish so that’s not an “upgrade” I believe all armor tuff are parkerized first. Blued would cost more.
This is what I was trying to find out, but thanks for the additional information as well.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Grandpas50AE's Avatar
Grandpas50AE Grandpas50AE is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Waxahachie, Tx.
Age: 69
Posts: 13,400
Depends on the model you're ordering. Some models are A/T as part of the package, some of the base models are parked and you would have to specify A/T on top of it. This might have changed, but when I ordered my original base model XTAC Pro, the base models for XTAC were parkerized finish and I had them put on a black over grey A/T finish over the parkerized base. Most of the models that are not stainless are a package of upgrades, like the Elite series, Commander Special series, Hackathorn Special series, Vickers Special series; well, you get the idea. Most of their in stock guns for immediate sale are also A/T with only a few exceptions. Even their 40th Anniversary limited edition CQB was A/T as a default.
__________________
Roger - Life GOA, CCRKBA, TSRA, VCDL
NRA Benefactor - Certs -Chief RSO; Instructor - Basic Pistol (D.E.), Rifle, Shotgun, PPIH, PPOH

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2019, 10:24 AM
Dddrees Dddrees is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
Depends on the model you're ordering. Some models are A/T as part of the package, some of the base models are parked and you would have to specify A/T on top of it. This might have changed, but when I ordered my original base model XTAC Pro, the base models for XTAC were parkerized finish and I had them put on a black over grey A/T finish over the parkerized base. Most of the models that are not stainless are a package of upgrades, like the Elite series, Commander Special series, Hackathorn Special series, Vickers Special series; well, you get the idea. Most of their in stock guns for immediate sale are also A/T with only a few exceptions. Even their 40th Anniversary limited edition CQB was A/T as a default.
As I have done more research I've seen this mentioned elsewhere. Wish they would be more clear on their website.

Thanks also for the additional information as that was helpful as well.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2019, 11:43 AM
Grandpas50AE's Avatar
Grandpas50AE Grandpas50AE is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Waxahachie, Tx.
Age: 69
Posts: 13,400
If you were to order one (instead of buying an in stock one), you can always specify the finish you want whether ordering through a dealer or direct from Wilson. Ask when ordering if it is an up-charge for that finish on that model - plenty of time it will be standard and not an optional up-charge. Most of the time the up-charge for a different finish is going to be the blued guns.
__________________
Roger - Life GOA, CCRKBA, TSRA, VCDL
NRA Benefactor - Certs -Chief RSO; Instructor - Basic Pistol (D.E.), Rifle, Shotgun, PPIH, PPOH

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-2019, 11:53 AM
Dddrees Dddrees is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
If you were to order one (instead of buying an in stock one), you can always specify the finish you want whether ordering through a dealer or direct from Wilson. Ask when ordering if it is an up-charge for that finish on that model - plenty of time it will be standard and not an optional up-charge. Most of the time the up-charge for a different finish is going to be the blued guns.

Understand, I was just trying to get a idea before talking to them. Seems their website is a bit lacking when it comes to these kind of things.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved