Carry Comp - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 10:15 AM

Carry Comp

This might be a stupid question but, I was wondering if WC can make an existing compact gun into a comp gun? I have all steel WC compact 45 that I be interested in turning it into a comped gun if possible and save $4000.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:31 AM

They should be able to. They should just be able to use the existing 4" carry-comp barrel. WC converted my 5" TE 45 using one of their Hunter barrels. Glad I did it. Give them a call and report back. And don't give up, sometimes the CS reps give an incorrect answer. Lets see what they say, and we can try a second CS rep afterwards if needed.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 11-07-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:59 AM

Yup, they can do it to any 4 or 5 inch gun. I had two of mine converted and love them
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 12:21 PM

Thanks everyone going to give them a call
Old 11-07-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
They should be able to. They should just be able to use the existing 4" carry-comp barrel. WC converted my 5" TE 45 using one of their Hunter barrels. Glad I did it. Give them a call and report back. And don't give up, sometimes the CS reps give an incorrect answer. Lets see what they say, and we can try a second CS rep afterwards if needed.
How much difference in recoil did that hunter barrel make for your 45?
Old 11-07-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1054FPS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
I have a .460 that I shoot .45 though and it is literally softer than a .380 Shield. My compact .45 carry comp is also softer than my Ed brown and flips less, it's a big reduction and they are serious when they say it reduces recoil to less than that of a full-size 1911.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 11-08-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1054FPS View Post
That is an interesting question because I have two TE's, one I comped, one I didn't. A few weeks ago I ran them side by side - I shoot the comped one a lot, but hadn't shot the uncombed one for 2 years...Doing some SD drills, I found myself "waiting" for the non-comped sights to settle. We are just talking fractions of a second, but amazing how your consciousness recognizes the difference...As a swag I would say a 20-25% reduction in split times...And remember the TE has that heavy flange barrel, so If I were to compare my comped 5" to a WC 5" without a flange barrel, you get a slightly bigger differential.

As far as felt recoil, round for round it isn't going to make too much of a difference, but over say a 200-300 R shoot, it most certainly does. A lot less impact to the body (as your body kinda integrates all the tiny shocks each round produces over the shoot. The difference btwn the tiny shocks of the two guns matters after a long shoot).

Overall, the comp will make you more consistent. You can make the same critical shot, or shoot a tight group at (slightly different) speed, with either gun, but the comp just makes it easier to do it over and over again with aplomb.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 11-08-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
I have a .460 that I shoot .45 though and it is literally softer than a .380 Shield. My compact .45 carry comp is also softer than my Ed brown and flips less, it's a big reduction and they are serious when they say it reduces recoil to less than that of a full-size 1911.
What weight spring do you use when firing 45 ACP? Looking to send in my 5inch CQB for the hunter conversion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbritt15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
What weight spring do you use when firing 45 ACP? Looking to send in my 5inch CQB for the hunter conversion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
26lb, no reason to change it off be Roland springing in my experience. You just can't ride the slide or it will short cycle like a 9mm gun when you do the same.