1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBugBit View Post
When the next Dem gets into the oval office, and it's not a question of "if", yes, there will be another big buying panic. For which, I hope, all of us are well prepared.
hence why,,,,,,,,,, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it

buy now while the prices are low, this way when some idiot anti 2A crowd gets into office the panic will be more like "ah, we already got what we wanted or needed".

Here's a good goal. Have at least 20 different firearms, stock up on some ammo for each, stock up on supplies, etc etc.

Last edited by 1911_Kid; 08-28-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:17 PM

I was one of those ammo buyers waiting for Academy to open when Obama was coming into his first term. Pretty pathetic. Now, I buy components and magazines on a regular basis.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:19 PM

I'm set but I know not everyone is. Get while the gettin's good.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:35 PM

My guess is that you'll see the next panic---a real good one---when it looks as though the Dems are going to take the House, the Senate and the President slot. At that point, look out!

My other hunch is that ARs and other "assault weapons" will not be banned, but no new ones will be permitted to be manufactured or sold. Existing ones will be able to be kept, transferred through an FFL (no face to face private sales, etc.). The thing is, there are just WAY too many ARs, etc., "out there" for any type of an effective ban, much less confiscation, to work or to be seriously contemplated.

High capacity magazines? I'd be no new ones for the general public and which those presently in private hands being ineligible for sale, transfer, gifting, etc.

Just my "two cents."
Old 08-28-2019, 06:44 PM

Are we going to be seeing another buying panic?

A lot of speculation here.

I went to Wall mart to buy 22 rimfire every day for a month. I got nothing.

I now am prepared. I could ride out a few years.

David
Old 08-28-2019, 07:35 PM

Buying surges in cycles depending on which way the wind blows. It is a good time to buy after seeing the many sales from week to week. For those who need an excuse, it's as good as any. Me? I'm waiting for the PC carbine to go under $500.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately these roller-coaster market conditions have forced a lot of gun shops and manufacturers out of business in recent years. AR sales have been hurting ever since Trump got in, but that could change in a flash. That is why some companies like MagPul are starting to sell a lot of other stuff like clothing and hiking gear. They don't want to be left holding their you-know-whats if a magazine ban suddenly comes out of nowhere.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlag19 View Post
I was one of those ammo buyers waiting for Academy to open when Obama was coming into his first term. Pretty pathetic. Now, I buy components and magazines on a regular basis.
Also, what you didnít realize, is that Zeke had already driven away with an entire truckload of ammo hours before you got there. The manager has already sold this stuff to his buddies way before you got there. Same thing at WalMart etc...
No? Iím still looking for a better explanation. No way that much ammo vaporizes without some favoritism going on!
Old 08-29-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Also, what you didnít realize, is that Zeke had already driven away with an entire truckload of ammo hours before you got there. The manager has already sold this stuff to his buddies way before you got there. Same thing at WalMart etc...

No? Iím still looking for a better explanation. No way that much ammo vaporizes without some favoritism going on!
Our local gun shop Always had 22s. They were in zip lock bags with a small tag in there for $6.50 for 50 and up. I think they knew the guy at the ammo dept at Wally world. I would ask what day do the shipments come in. "Thursday". I went on Thursday. No 22s came in this week. This went on for months.

Other local wally world had occasional 22 ammo.

David

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2019, 07:57 AM

With the experience in these markets that we all now have, if anyone gets caught short on anything, just blame yourself...
Old 08-29-2019, 10:47 AM

Components!!!!
Old 08-29-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou52 View Post
With the experience in these markets that we all now have, if anyone gets caught short on anything, just blame yourself...
I wont blame myself for squat!
Ill pull up a camping chair near the ammo isle at the Cabelas, chew on some jerky and watch the frenzy unroll. Such profanity these unprepared nitwits utter!!
Old 08-29-2019, 10:51 PM

Right ! Come on people we are in charge ...not the government..Long live the Republic ..a rifle behind every blade of grass..who is afraid of who here. If we band together no one will take anything , it's time to be Americans like our founding fathers . That is how to make American Great again . Stop these idiots from ruining our country ,kick them out of office , close the boarders , stop taxing us to death to help the rest of the world . The Boston Tea Party ring a bell? Study history look at the whole picture . God Bless America !
Old 08-29-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall357 View Post
Right ! Come on people we are in charge ...not the government..Long live the Republic ..a rifle behind every blade of grass..who is afraid of who here. If we band together no one will take anything , it's time to be Americans like our founding fathers . That is how to make American Great again . Stop these idiots from ruining our country ,kick them out of office , close the boarders , stop taxing us to death to help the rest of the world . The Boston Tea Party ring a bell? Study history look at the whole picture . God Bless America !

NRA ring a bell?
Old 08-30-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall357 View Post
Just checking to make sure you’re not David Hogg in sheep’s clothing! Pretty soapbox-ish. Idle her back a little, yer comin’ in hot!

Last edited by Nitro.45; 08-30-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Vaccaro View Post
Components!!!!
Yeah, for those who don't reload yet, learning it is one of the best favors they can do for themselves.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBugBit View Post
Yeah, for those who don't reload yet, learning it is one of the best favors they can do for themselves.
Without a doubt. Its still funny when people say you cant make ammo anywhere close to the quality of factory!!
Old 08-31-2019, 10:38 AM

RUGER PC carbine $495

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
Buying surges in cycles depending on which way the wind blows. It is a good time to buy after seeing the many sales from week to week. For those who need an excuse, it's as good as any. Me? I'm waiting for the PC carbine to go under $500.
They sell for under $500 in my LGS

Old 08-31-2019, 01:16 PM

There is no reason for another buying panic next month. Such a panic will only occur if Congress tries to ban ARs, or a Dam is elected. And neither is likely to occur.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 08-31-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Without a doubt. Its still funny when people say you cant make ammo anywhere close to the quality of factory!!

Who says that???

Show me ANY factory ammo that can do this...

First round was a cold barrel.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:00 PM

Well I've already seen panic buying... ARs flying out the door in Virginia.

That said... from the way the Democrats are talking they appear to be looking for a full military takeover of the US at this point if they regain power. They seem to have given up any pretense of being anything but power hungry totalitarians.

When Trump was elected, they lost their minds and went right off the deep end. They're so struck with Trump Derangement Syndrome they aren't even sane anymore and cannot differentiate reality from fantasy.

They used to hide this kind of thing and lie to people about it, but they aren't even pretending anymore. They want totalitarian power over everyone and can no longer be trusted.

They've already been talking about a full takeover and ignoring the Constitution and Bill of Rights for revenge against anyone who "dared" elect Trump over their precious Hillary.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:34 PM
Banned

Its hard to decide, what to spend limited money on these days. bills, food, gas, medicine, new pair of glasses, work boots, or more ammo and guns....

Yeah there are some good deals going on these days, but the thing is, some brands like smith and Wesson have had a 200 dollar price jump in a single 7 week period. Not good at all when you WANT a 44 magnum. or even a 41 magnum from them. Even ruger has jumped up a bit in price.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavelamb View Post
Who says that???

Show me ANY factory ammo that can do this...

First round was a cold barrel.

Iím on your side, I figured that out 40 years ago.
You will get the occasional smart arse that visits the Ammo Can that will argue about every virtue of reloading, including accuracy. These are the same guys that say UMC is as good as any premium round. Itís fun to prove them wrong on all accounts!
Old 09-03-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
We have no ammo shortages here in Ohio. No one is panicked.

Same across the border in western PA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
Have you seen an increase in gun sales?

I've seen an increase in guns FOR sale, on Armslist (I have a reasonably priced, high quality AR listed there - it's on consignment at a local shop - so I'm watching AR's VERY closely these days!)... but I DON'T see a lot of them moving - neither cheapies, NOR quality makes.

I think, that everybody ELSE is thinking, "Ok... panic's gonna start ANY second now... ANNNNNY second now... annnnnny second..." - but the starter has yet to fire the gun!
Old 09-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Not only can you crank out high-quality, consistent ammo, but you get to choose all the components so your load is just what you want/need it to be.