Democrat senators threaten SCOTUS to vote anti-2A or else - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-14-2019, 02:06 AM

Democrat senators threaten SCOTUS to vote anti-2A or else

"These leading Democrats also warned that if the justices proceed to issue a pro-Second Amendment ruling, and if Democrats win the White House and the Senate in 2020, then they will fundamentally remake the High Court."

"The Democrat senators – one of whom is running for president – told the Court to either 'heal itself' or be 'restructured' if Democrats take power."

IMHO this is the very definition of tyranny.

https://www.breitbart.com/pre-viral/...court-packing/

Unbelievable!!
Old 08-14-2019, 02:28 AM

I think they meant, "Heel."
Like one says to a dog...
Old 08-14-2019, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavelamb View Post
I think they meant, "Heel."
Like one says to a dog...
Maybe Ken Klukowski used the wrong spelling? Either way, threatening to add six extra seats to the SCOTUS to shift the balance of power is pretty ballsy
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 03:48 AM

Democrats are a bunch of whiny babies throwing tantrums when they don't get their way. I'm sick of em.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2019, 03:53 AM

Yes, amazing...It is called extortion.

The Lefty Politician's are disgusting and will do anything to push their communist ideology.

If the Lefty ever takes power and pulls this stunt, I guess the right can sue, and the S.C. can rule in their "own" favor to keep themselves as is...Maybe.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 08-14-2019, 08:16 AM

This is the action of spurned boyfriends.
If I can't have her I'll kill her.
The dems will destroy America before they allow any one with a differing opinion to be in control

AFS
Old 08-14-2019, 09:53 AM

Just remember, the left is the side that promotes tolerance! (Snort)
Old 08-14-2019, 10:08 AM

In this context, it does not matter if Trump wins 2020 or not. At some point in the future, when/if the demkrats gain back full control, they can add seats to scotus. Trump should have expanded scotus when GOP had full control, they missed that for some reason.

For now, Trump must win 2020! The demkrats are running scared of just two things, 1) Trump gets 3rd pick for scotus, and 2) Trump stacks judges for next 4yrs.

Anyways, it's up to the GOP supporters to make sure every GOP voter votes for Trump. There are enough roadblocks in the swamp to tame Trump from doing lots of stupid things, he cant even get sane/logical stuff done because of the loon demkrats.

The demkrats are grasping at anything/everything in attempt to grab votes, regardless if they have no plans to fulfill the the crap words they are spouting 24/7.

2020 will be very interesting as there are many GOP tics retiring, which leaves their seat very vulnerable to a demkrat takeover.

Bottom line is this, if the demkrats win anything it will be very bad for the future of what cotus meant when it was inked!
Old 08-14-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandog View Post
Democrats are a bunch of whiny babies throwing tantrums when they don't get their way. I'm sick of em.

I see them as extremely dangerous Bolsheviks who will turn us into a Marxist type totalitarian state once they take power. I take their threats seriously.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:07 PM

It's only a matter of time till we can't out vote them, that's when the crap hit the fan.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray burge View Post
It's only a matter of time till we can't out vote them, that's when the crap hit the fan.
Many ways to out-vote the other, just go look at how redistricting works. You want more people on your side, just go redistrict.

There are many underlying issues with the way voting is done these days.

Now the demokrats want to rip away State Secretary rights to authenticate a voter's vote !!
Old 08-14-2019, 12:38 PM

Elizabeth Warren has been talking about stacking the Supreme court with more justices

For some time now. This along with just doing away with the Senate and getting rid of the filibuster. What a gal.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
For some time now. This along with just doing away with the Senate and getting rid of the filibuster. What a gal.
They can, only after they get back Senate and WH.
It's kinda absurd there was never a restriction on scotus size. If GOP gets all WH and Congress come 2020, maybe they should stake a limit on its size?
Old 08-14-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
They can, only after they get back Senate and WH.
It's kinda absurd there was never a restriction on scotus size. If GOP gets all WH and Congress come 2020, maybe they should stake a limit on its size?
Even Ginsberg agrees with 9 as the perfect number for SCOTUS.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbee View Post
Even Ginsberg agrees with 9 as the perfect number for SCOTUS.
Yeah, but its not up to RBG.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
"These leading Democrats also warned that if the justices proceed to issue a pro-Second Amendment ruling, and if Democrats win the White House and the Senate in 2020, then they will fundamentally remake the High Court."

"The Democrat senators – one of whom is running for president – told the Court to either 'heal itself' or be 'restructured' if Democrats take power."

Unbelievable!!
This is just so indicative of how "unconstitutional" the Democrap Party's ideology is. The founders of this nation made a nearly perfect system of checks and balances. It is why to this date, the USA is the longest running constitutional republic in human history. Now, the communists that have infiltrated the Democrap Party want to remove those checks and balances.

The Supreme Court is intended to be apolitical and neutral, and decide cases on legal constitutional questions and to render decision in areas of law that need clarification. There have been many appointments by either liberal or conservative administrations whereby the Justices switched ideological sides.

But the idea of threatening the Court by one party or the other because they don't get their way is tantamount to treachery and sedition. They have to respect the independence of the court. It just goes to prove how inconvenient the constitution is to these communists.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
This is just so indicative of how "unconstitutional" the Democrap Party's ideology is. The founders of this nation made a nearly perfect system of checks and balances. It is why to this date, the USA is the longest running constitutional republic in human history. Now, the communists that have infiltrated the Democrap Party want to remove those checks and balances.

The Supreme Court is intended to be apolitical and neutral, and decide cases on legal constitutional questions and to render decision in areas of law that need clarification. There have been many appointments by either liberal or conservative administrations whereby the Justices switched ideological sides.

But the idea of threatening the Court by one party or the other because they don't get their way is tantamount to treachery and sedition. They have to respect the independence of the court. It just goes to prove how inconvenient the constitution is to these communists.

Am I still being challenged when i say we are another step closer to the next "new gen" civil war?
Old 08-14-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Am I still being challenged when i say we are another step closer to the next "new gen" civil war?
No. I was just thinking this the other day.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:40 PM

I think that it is pretty much a question of when not if.

Additionally as to how bad will it really get? Are we talking about a real shooting war, or just plain old garden variety pogroms and genocide? Is it going to be bad enough to allow a foreign power to subjugate us? I hope that we never have to find out.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:22 PM

I for one hope the SCOTUS takes this with offense and rules in favor of gun owners in NY just to piss off the Dems. I don’t even think the liberal judges like being told what they better do or else. This silliness could very well backfire on the left.
COTEP#782
Old 08-14-2019, 03:35 PM

Some demokrats who were running a failed attempt at potus, are now being asked to drop-out of the potus race and run for a Senate seat in hopes they can take back control of the Senate !!

Well, its a legit political tactic I guess, but we need to make darn sure the demokrats get nothing and lose the House !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Additionally as to how bad will it really get? Are we talking about a real shooting war, or just plain old garden variety pogroms and genocide? Is it going to be bad enough to allow a foreign power to subjugate us? I hope that we never have to find out.
You asking about the next "new gen" civil war? I do suspect cyber attacks would be in a "new gen" style of civil war. Almost everything US govt does needs networking and computing devices. The US military can operate w/o such, but policy and things like that will be halted with cyber attacks, which basically halts everything the local/state/fed govt can do. An attack on GPS signals alone will screw up a lot of things.

A 1860's style civil war is not likely, but I suspect some aspects of the 1860's war will be carried over into the next "new gen" civil war, if we ever get there. Need to keep an eye on civil unrest, like we see in Hong Kong.

Last edited by 1911_Kid; 08-14-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:56 PM

We are already in a civil war, bullets just aren't flying YET. When states begin to decide which federal laws they are going to enforce and which they choose to ignore don't you essentially have what occurred during the previous civil war. States choosing not to enforce immigration laws, legalizing pot at the state level. States passing resolutions to not enforce any new federal gun control laws. Sounds kind of like states refusing to recognize federal authority to me. It's not going to be pretty. I think Obama Care was the last piece if legislation actually passed by both houses and signed by a president. The minority party blocks all legislative efforts by the party in the majority. Executive order is the only action taken and it can be wiped out by the next president. We have ourselves a real MESS! I've often commented that I am glad I am 65 and may not live long enough to see the complete collapse of the Republic but I think it is inevitable.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
That was my thought.

I hate to say it but it's only a matter of time. The county is becoming more and more divided. It's only a matter of time before the lead starts flying. I'm still young and hope I don't live to see it but as more time goes bye, I'm not so sure.

And you better have some "tools" that don't require computer code to work, cyber operations will be huge in any upcoming conflicts regardless of who's involved and where it happens.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbowman View Post
Just remember, the left is the side that promotes tolerance! (Snort)
Just like Islam is the religion of peace. Of course what they don't tell you is the peace of Islam comes after you either submit or are killed. That is where the Democrats are headed too. Either submit to their tyranny or be the enemy of their state. And they have everything on their side to make it happen including the deep state, the communication system and the media.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post

Unbelievable!!
Sounds like a threat to me.

Talk about a legal oxymoron, “amicus brief”, the leftist commie sleezbag crew of Blumenthal, Hirono, Gillebrand are so full of themselves that they’re threatening
SCOTUS?

What case were the kooks telling scotus to back away from?