1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-09-2019, 03:19 PM

"Something must be done"

Ok gents it's time to, as "they" say... "do something"

Take less than 30 seconds from your day and tell Senate Leader McConnell to oppose federal red flag laws, ASW bans, UBC’s or whatever you feel strongly about.

Listen, it's time to step up and it's EASY:

Call the Senate Switchboard at 202-224-3121
Tell the operator you'd like to leave a message for Leader McConnell
She will transfer you to his office and a real person will answer
Say what you have to say, short and nice like

That's it. No addresses, emails or other BS. Just state your wishes.

The time is now.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:26 PM

Well I support that.

Need to get everyone rolling on this too.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:34 PM

Message sent.
Thanks

and friends notified

Last edited by cavelamb; 08-09-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 10:20 AM

I called too!
Old 08-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Called and recording stated mailbox not receiving msg at this time. So is msg full or just shut off,your guess. Senator McConnell is not stupid he is a Wily Fox he's got to know that this issue is make-or-break for Trump re-election
Old 08-10-2019, 12:50 PM

When in trouble...
When in doubt...

Run in circles
Scream and shout.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
When in trouble...
When in doubt...

Run in circles
Scream and shout.

Nah that's the Dems.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evrnbljns View Post
Called and recording stated mailbox not receiving msg at this time. So is msg full or just shut off,your guess. Senator McConnell is not stupid he is a Wily Fox he's got to know that this issue is make-or-break for Trump re-election

It's the weekend. Try Monday.

Glad at least four people have stepped up.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Yup, same here, could not even leave a message.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:33 AM

Calling Monday morning. My local yokels are the same, on the weekend, even the answering machines / pbx / aca (automated caller attendant) are off.

I did take the weekend to fire up ye olde typewriter (ok, ms word and a laser printer) for letters to the usual bunch. Governor, Sen. Leader, President.

Email, to me, is the most ignorable and ephemeral. Letters have physical presence. Calls resonate. That's why I concentrate more on calls and letters than any other method.

The Honorable Senator Mitch McConnell
317 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 08-11-2019, 02:29 PM

No AWB is coming via Fed.

The rest will be funds to States to do UBC and RF laws.

So, your fight is really at your State leg folks.

I can say for sure, AZ State Leg (GOP) folks are well aware of these issues., and AZ pro2A community (AzCDL and the like) already have the pressure turned on. AZ leg does not come back into session until 2020.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaround28 View Post
Ok gents it's time to, as "they" say... "do something"
One technical question: WTH have you been?

I'll take it as a personal insult if you don't stop by the Wilson Combat Forum and say hello to your WCF-Buddies.

Hope all is well, figured you got caught-up in all those wild fires out there. Nasty stuff.

C.A.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 08-12-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
Calling Monday morning. My local yokels are the same, on the weekend, even the answering machines / pbx / aca (automated caller attendant) are off.

I did take the weekend to fire up ye olde typewriter (ok, ms word and a laser printer) for letters to the usual bunch. Governor, Sen. Leader, President.

Email, to me, is the most ignorable and ephemeral. Letters have physical presence. Calls resonate. That's why I concentrate more on calls and letters than any other method.

Washington DC 20510
Having to type honorable before a politicians name without throwing up is the hard part. But i'll get it done.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:22 AM

I just called and got a woman in MCconnells office. I told her I am a 01 FFL dealer, that I do background checks all the time and they are effective as is. I told her further complicating background checks, banning firearms and accessories will not do anything to stop these shootings. I told her a step in the right direction would be to end "gun free zones".

She said she would relay my message to the Senator.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
Having to type honorable before a politicians name without throwing up is the hard part. But i'll get it done.
Instead of "Honorable", you could type "Senate Leader" or "Senator" instead.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 08-12-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt191145 View Post
I just called and got a woman in MCconnells office. I told her I am a 01 FFL dealer, that I do background checks all the time and they are effective as is. I told her further complicating background checks, banning firearms and accessories will not do anything to stop these shootings. I told her a step in the right direction would be to end "gun free zones".

She said she would relay my message to the Senator.
BC's are not what they are targeting. They want UBC's that apply to any type of transfer. How then do I loan my hunting rifle to a good friend, or loan him my pistol to go to a range? They also want the UBC data to include all your PII and PHI data. Why were you prescribed [add drug name here]? You cant have a gun if you are on that drug. If a woman has a right to control their body (abortion), then doesnt that also apply to suicide? Thus the "harm to self" argument is no long an argument.

Every one of us can see how stupid this will all become, and really fast, if the numby politicians play politics with this.

The loon anti2A numbs are already spouting that UBC's and RF laws are not good enough (schmucker, ryan, booker, harris, biden, etc etc).

I warn everyone, if "you" dont get involved in your State leg process during this phase of "RF law happy" then the ink will likely be very anti due process. You need to get involved, go speak at a committee session when that becomes available, etc.

RF laws are still unconstitutional, because there is no crime, and, you have to prove your innocence! But, we are getting RF laws, so better to make sure they protect the innocent. Some elements should be:
  1. no confiscation until after a court hearing
  2. a 5+ jury must decide, not a single biased judge
  3. accuser (LE or other) must post a bond for the accusation, the bond will be forfeited to the accused if the accused proves their innocence
  4. restitution has to be available, the accuser will pay the accused for all lawyer and professional testimony and lost work time and mileage if the accused proves innocence
  5. court record expungement has to be available so that the falsely accused can wipe the record
  6. the name of the accuser(s) must be listed on the court documentation

OH calls their RF law ink "personal protection order", Dewine says he dont like the term "Red Flag". We need to make sure that if the "RF laws" get to scotus their decision will then carry back down to anything that is "RF" or "personal protection order" ink.

Last edited by 1911_Kid; 08-12-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
BC's are not what they are targeting. They want UBC's that apply to any type of transfer. How then do I loan my hunting rifle to a good friend, or loan him my pistol to go to a range? They also want the UBC data to include all your PII and PHI data. Why were you prescribed [add drug name here]? You cant have a gun if you are on that drug. If a woman has a right to control their body (abortion), then doesnt that also apply to suicide? Thus the "harm to self" argument is no long an argument.

Every one of us can see how stupid this will all become, and really fast, if the numby politicians play politics with this.

The loon anti2A numbs are already spouting that UBC's and RF laws are not good enough (schmucker, ryan, booker, harris, biden, etc etc).

I warn everyone, if "you" dont get involved in your State leg process during this phase of "RF law happy" then the ink will likely be very anti due process. You need to get involved, go speak at a committee session when that becomes available, etc.

RF laws are still unconstitutional, because there is no crime, and, you have to prove your innocence! But, we are getting RF laws, so better to make sure they protect the innocent. Some elements should be:
  1. no confiscation until after a court hearing
  2. a 5+ jury must decide, not a single biased judge
  3. accuser (LE or other) must post a bond for the accusation, the bond will be forfeited to the accused if the accused proves their innocence
  4. restitution has to be available, the accuser will pay the accused for all lawyer and professional testimony and lost work time and mileage if the accused proves innocence
  5. court record expungement has to be available so that the falsely accused can wipe the record
  6. the name of the accuser(s) must be listed on the court documentation

OH calls their RF law ink "personal protection order", Dewine says he dont like the term "Red Flag". We need to make sure that if the "RF laws" get to scotus their decision will then carry back down to anything that is "RF" or "personal protection order" ink.

Background checks are exactly part of what they are targeting. They are saying that the current check is not enough; but if you read a 4473, complete it and pass the check then that is enough as is for purchase of new or used firearms from an FFL. What is not covered nationwide by the current 4473 is private sales or trades.

What they really want is to know who owns what guns, who sold or traded what gun and where it is now at. This is only going to happen with registration and then eventually confiscation if we gun owners allow it.

Only by changing the current background check can this be accomplished.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post

Washington DC 20510

I'd love to see what your letter say.

Might be helpful getting more letters sent.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Call made and message will be passed to Senator McConnell. The lady in his office was polite and easy to talk to.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 08-12-2019, 02:30 PM

We should all be making a phone call.

goaround, we’ve missed your wisdom here and hope all is well.

NRA Patron Life Member
Old 08-12-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt191145 View Post
Background checks are exactly part of what they are targeting. They are saying that the current check is not enough; but if you read a 4473, complete it and pass the check then that is enough as is for purchase of new or used firearms from an FFL. What is not covered nationwide by the current 4473 is private sales or trades.

What they really want is to know who owns what guns, who sold or traded what gun and where it is now at. This is only going to happen with registration and then eventually confiscation if we gun owners allow it.

Only by changing the current background check can this be accomplished.
Ah geez. We already have strict BC's. 4473/NICS, State permits, special licensing, etc etc etc.

the "U" in "UBC" is what they want. It extends the "BC" in many ways, and private sales is one of them.

But look at it this way, what exactly would the govt be coming for? If they are coming for my AR15 lower receiver ("the firearm") then that's all they will get, I will keep the rest for future use. Takes only 5-10min to strip down a lower

If the govt starts a buyback program on AR15's, then maybe everyone starts making AR15 lowers out of wood, then turn those in for $$.

Dont forget, the Fed already has well defined definition of what a "firearm" is. And if that's what they will confiscate then that's all they are getting.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
One technical question: WTH have you been?

I'll take it as a personal insult if you don't stop by the Wilson Combat Forum and say hello to your WCF-Buddies.

Hope all is well, figured you got caught-up in all those wild fires out there. Nasty stuff.

C.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apipeguy View Post
We should all be making a phone call.

goaround, we’ve missed your wisdom here and hope all is well.

Good to see you boys! All good here and I hope the same for you as well.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Good to see you boys! All good here and I hope the same for you as well.
You betcha My-Friend, retirement is the greatest thing since getting out of the Navy about 40 years ago :-).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 08-13-2019, 05:04 PM

“Everyone has agreed on one commonality and that is guns. Whether the person is a white supremacist, whether the person is mentally ill, whether the person is inspired by somebody or just lashing out, the gun is the common factor,” Host Noah Trevor told Pressley during her appearance on “The Daily Show.” “What do you think America can do about people’s easy access to guns?”

“First, I want to say that guns are the common factor, and the common enemy in all this is Mitch McConnell,” Pressley responded. The Massachusetts congresswoman recited McConnell’s office phone number on air and urged viewers to lobby the Kentucky senator to pass a series of gun control measures.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
“Everyone has agreed on one commonality and that is guns. Whether the person is a white supremacist, whether the person is mentally ill, whether the person is inspired by somebody or just lashing out, the gun is the common factor,” Host Noah Trevor told Pressley during her appearance on “The Daily Show.” “What do you think America can do about people’s easy access to guns?”

“First, I want to say that guns are the common factor, and the common enemy in all this is Mitch McConnell,” Pressley responded. The Massachusetts congresswoman recited McConnell’s office phone number on air and urged viewers to lobby the Kentucky senator to pass a series of gun control measures.
Darn, and nobody asked the nimwit about the "commonality" and ez access to vehicles, that about 109 people die daily from people driving vehicles in the US. 109 daily, thats a staggering #, and vehicles is the tool/object. What can America do about this problem? Technology has exponentially advanced over the last 100yrs, yet still we have 109 people dying daily from vehicles.

Death by drug overdose has an exponential chart, in 2017 it was near 195 people daily. In 2019 that # will rise to over 200 people daily.

So for anyone to be knee deep in the horse shiat talk about how bad guns are, they better give themselves a taser shock and wake up.