Shoutout to Dillon Precision - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-22-2019, 10:31 AM

Shoutout to Dillon Precision

On the 14th I ordered some bullets. The next day their shipper picked up the order and lost it. I have spent hours calling, emailing, and live chatting with the shipper people. All they will do is pat me on the head and say "There, there, it'll be ok." Called Dillon today (a week later) and was told they would get me a replacement order out today and if the original ever showed up just let them know. Of course, we know they will use the same shipper again, don't we? Anyway, it's always a pleasure to talk to the Dillon people. Courteous and efficient.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:25 PM

Never had a problem with Dillon. Never had to pay for a broken part.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:47 PM

Dillon is the best!
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 09:00 AM

Good news and funny news. Just got an email from the shipper (yup, the same one) that said that package number 2 is on its way. Also, got a second email from them that said the tracking number I gave them to find package number 1 is invalid. Strange, because that is the same number they assigned to it to start with. They are hopeless.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:52 AM

I know you have been waiting for an update to this exciting thread. The last info I had from the shipper was that they would deliver my replacement package yesterday (1/25.) Didn't come, and today I received an updated scheduled delivery date of Monday 1/28. So, Dillon did their excellent job but the shipper is still having problems. If they deliver as promised now it will be two weeks in total.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:43 PM

Dillon stands behind everything they sell whether they made it or not. They call it their no BS guarantee. They are top notch, I've been a Dillon customer since 1985.

If all American companies stood behind their products and had the QC of Dillon there would not be a trade imbalance with any country.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:48 PM

Just curious as to who the shipper is ? I’ve had one over the last few years that continuously is much longer than their updates. I guess there’s a reason that their color is the color brown. They used to be the absolute best.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:06 PM

Love Dillon Predision! I’ve had a 550B for years and have never had a problem with it.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:00 AM

Dillon Precision

I agree Dillon Precision is a good company with excellent products and customer service.

Quote:
Dillon stands behind everything they sell whether they made it or not. They call it their no BS guarantee.
Dillon will honor a lifetime warranty on all of their progressive presses, with exception of the D1050 models. The D1050 models have a one year guarantee, and their rationale is because it was designed as a commercial grade reloading press. Even so, I have owned and used my original RL1050 for many years before I had to purchase a replacement item......the electronic case feeder switch went out, and the replacement cost was under $7.00, which I repaired myself.

I estimate I have reloaded roughly 1/4 million rounds of pistol ammo with my RL1050, and purchased it a little after the first year it was on the market..... It is a great progressive press, and has been well worth the money. I believe way back then I paid $1,4999 for their new model RL1050 press!

Last edited by Rwehavinfunyet; 01-28-2019 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:46 AM

Somewhere on here the mods say "don't air any grievances here," so I won't name the carrier other than it's not the brown guys. However, my replacement package did arrive yesterday. Wife and I drove up as the truck was parked out front and the driver was rummaging through it. He had to ask us what we were expecting, in other words, describe the package. After I said about 8 inches cubed and 35 pounds he went right to it. Pretty good huh?