Para Question - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-28-2018, 04:47 PM

Para Question

Pardon my ignorance but is Remington still selling any guns under the Para name ?
Old 01-28-2018, 08:35 PM

No, but they're about to be selling some Para 1911s under the Remington name (the doublestacks they recently announced). For all intents and purposes, Para is gone (except for used and NOS).
Old 01-29-2018, 01:19 PM

Thanks for the update, Mike. It's all kind of confusing, what with the terms Para Ordnance, Para-USA and just plain PARA still floating around. There is still a website active for " Para" giving the Huntsville address.Not clear to me why Remington bought them. I thought it was maybe to use their plant to produce 1911's but Para was in North Carolina and everything now seems to be in Huntsville. Just doing some research. A friend has a NIB Commander version I can get for about $500. It seems nice at first glance but have heard in the past about some Para quality control issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old doc View Post
Thanks for the update, Mike. It's all kind of confusing, what with the terms Para Ordnance, Para-USA and just plain PARA still floating around. There is still a website active for " Para" giving the Huntsville address.Not clear to me why Remington bought them. I thought it was maybe to use their plant to produce 1911's but Para was in North Carolina and everything now seems to be in Huntsville. Just doing some research. A friend has a NIB Commander version I can get for about $500. It seems nice at first glance but have heard in the past about some Para quality control issues.
Not sure what's the story, but googling Any variation of Para, para ordnance they all lead back to Para for life. My Para 1445 has paraordance written on the side, and now called black ops. You still can buy them, order them. I don't know about the Remington deal. I do know they have an active sponsorship for matches. Quality? 3k rounds, abused to hell 1445, I think it's reliable. The only version that I know of mechanical issues was the hawg 9. (9mm double stack comander size) Which sucks because that's exactly the setup I want, not getting one though.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:46 AM

This Remington may be what will work for you.

https://www.remington.com/handguns/m...d-double-stack

"Never ever surrender" Winston Churchill"
Old 02-12-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasCowboy View Post
Not sure what's the story, but googling Any variation of Para, para ordnance they all lead back to Para for life...You still can buy them, order them. I don't know about the Remington deal. I do know they have an active sponsorship for matches.
It goes back to that site because there is no more Para Ord. It's an old page that's no longer maintained (it will probably drop out when the site rental is over).

Referring back to my post, you can still get them NOS (new old stock) from dealers, but nothing new is being made under the Para logo.

Remington's parent group (Freedom Group) purchased ParaOrd and pistols of the new Remington double stack line are in fact Para Limited versions.

There is no more ParaOrd sponsorship of matches, not sure where you heard that. Hell, even Travis Thomasie (their premier shooter, spokesman, and all around great guy) now shoots for Remington.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:33 AM

There is no more ParaOrd sponsorship of matches, not sure where you heard that. Hell, even Travis Thomasie (their premier shooter, spokesman, and all around great guy) now shoots for Remington.[/QUOTE]
From their... apparently..... outdated site! Lol