First Look Tisas Regent BR9 - Hi Power Clone - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-06-2018, 12:27 PM

First Look Tisas Regent BR9 - Hi Power Clone

I ordered the Tisas BR9 from LKCI on Wed over the phone. When ordering Gursel the LKCI rep said it would ship that afternoon, it hit my FFL on Friday and I picked up earlier this morning. One of the quickest and easiest FFL to FFL transfers I have had.

Posting some images below and my quick first impressions. The BR9 comes boxed with 2 Mecgar magazines. The Cerekote finish is well applied with a nice smooth and clean surface. It has checkered grips and nice white 3 dot sights. It is a good looking gun with a nice deep black finish. Inner finish and attention to detail is clean.

Port side of the slide has no markings, the other side has Regnet and BR9, but not loud. Frame has serial number on one side and LKCI LTD, Newark Ohio over TISAS Turkey, again not loud or obtrusive.

Slide to frame fit is tight, dry firing trigger is typical with some play, and it has a mag disconnect. Cycled snap caps without issue using both supplied Mecgar mags and Browning mags. Slide stop is interchangeable and replacement grips fit as well.

I tried a Browning, FEG and Remsport barrel, and none fit. It seems the locking lugs on the replacement barrels ride above the locking lugs on the BR9 slide. So barrel fitting would be necessary, at least on my example.

I quickly tried a Browning slide and an FEG slide on the frame and tolerances were too tight and they would not slide fully onto the frame. I was able to place the BR9 slide on my HP T series frame, it fit and it cycled the snap caps. So beware on the interchangeability, as it seems to be close, yet there may be the need for some fitting.

I will try to post more as I compare in detail and look closer. I am not sure when I will get to the range to shoot it

Overall, I am very pleased, and it seems like a very good value for the money. I look forward to the stainless steel version.

If anyone wants a detail image on a particular part or area, just let me know.

Some images

Old 01-06-2018, 12:33 PM

Price OTD?
Old 01-06-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistema1927 View Post
Price OTD?
$454.55 plus $34.80 shipping (which included $400 insurance which I paid extra for) and $25.00 to my FFL for the transfer. Total $514.35.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2018, 12:54 PM

Nice looking pistol. I like the return to the retro 'ring' hammer. The sights appear to be simple and straightforward. What is the finish on the piece ?..epoxy or blue ??
Old 01-06-2018, 01:43 PM

Nice. I for one would like a shooting report when you get around to it. Thanks for the report and pics.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKSAIL View Post
Nice looking pistol. I like the return to the retro 'ring' hammer. The sights appear to be simple and straightforward. What is the finish on the piece ?..epoxy or blue ??
The finish is a deep black Cerakote, with a nice gloss, but not a high gloss.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:54 PM

Nice looking clone and initial impressions. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts after you make it to the range.

I was never much interested in the BHP until I joined some 1911 forums. After seeing many different examples and reading about them, I'd really like to have one (or a clone).
Old 01-06-2018, 03:25 PM

Turk HP

Can you post the contact info for the dealer?

Thanks

Chuck

Fear God and Dreadnought!!

You can't miss fast enough to win a gun fight!
Old 01-06-2018, 03:42 PM

Very nice!! Congrats and thanks so much for taking the time for a detailed inspection and some pics! I like it.
Dave
Old 01-06-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxm View Post
Can you post the contact info for the dealer?

Thanks

Chuck
Chuck, the sellers are LKCI LLC, 5772 Bear Hollow Road SE, Newark Ohio. 740-763-0027. website http://www.lkcillc.com and email [email protected].

They said the best way for ordering and information is to call. I dealt with Gursel, he was both informative and responsive. As I said in the OP, I ordered on Wed and the BR9 was at my FFL on Friday.

I believe they will be at the Shot Show, so if anyone is going, stop by their booth and see if they have one of the stainless models on display. He told me the stainless version should be in stock by early to mid February.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:56 PM

The stainless steel version looks really nice. I just wish we could get it here in CA.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:15 PM

Interesting
Old 01-06-2018, 06:21 PM

Thanks for the preview and info. Looking forward to a range report.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSig View Post
$454.55 plus $34.80 shipping (which included $400 insurance which I paid extra for) and $25.00 to my FFL for the transfer. Total $514.35.
Looks like money well spent to me.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:55 PM

Perhaps the tight fit/interchangeability issue was due to the Cerakote buildup?

Couldn't tell from the photos, is the front sight staked in or dovetailed?

Last edited by Sunset_Va; 01-06-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the initial review. So far I like what I see and am looking forward to your impressions after shooting it.

A couple of questions...

1. Based on you post, LKCI was easy to deal with and I am guessing that you would buy form them again. Is that correct?

2. Does it have the firing pin safety, like the MK III?

3. I see the dovetail on the rear sight and it looks like it might be a Novak cut, but I couldn't see one on the front sight. Is the front sight dovetailed in or is it staked? Any idea what the dovetail cuts are? Novak? HP MK II? HP MK III?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset_Va View Post
Perhaps the tight fit/interchangeability issue was due to the Cerakote buildup?

Couldn't tell from the photos, is the front sight staked in or dovetailed?
It is possible, I will have to run some rounds through it and try switching slides again. But, the barrel lugs not fitting does appear to be an obstacle.

Front sight is dovetailed into the slide, but it is round and flush to the top of the slide and not proud like a Browning front dovetail.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack View Post
Thanks for the initial review. So far I like what I see and am looking forward to your impressions after shooting it.

A couple of questions...

1. Based on you post, LKCI was easy to deal with and I am guessing that you would buy form them again. Is that correct?

2. Does it have the firing pin safety, like the MK III?

3. I see the dovetail on the rear sight and it looks like it might be a Novak cut, but I couldn't see one on the front sight. Is the front sight dovetailed in or is it staked? Any idea what the dovetail cuts are? Novak? HP MK II? HP MK III?

Thanks.
1. Yes, absolutely would deal with LKCI again. I hope to order a Stainless when available next month.

2. No firing pin safety, it is more of the classic HP platform.

3. Front sight is dovetailed but contoured to the shape of the barrel. I dont know what size the cuts are.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:56 PM

From the photos it pretty much appears to be a copy of a Pre Mark II Hi Power, only with upgraded sights. Unusual for a clone, it dispensed with the hog nose bushing - yay! Repeat, yay!!

Last edited by jaypee; 01-06-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:46 PM

Looks great. I think I need a stainless model.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:04 PM

Thanks, I think I will need a stainless one .
Old 01-06-2018, 09:27 PM

That looks very nice. I'm not alone in wanting a stainless one either, I see.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:43 AM

Great info, Todd. I'd like to see a picture of the left side of the frame with the grips off if you have one.

As Sailor said above, I don't think we're going to be seeing these guns in California, but I wish that were not the case.

Look forward to your range report.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:39 AM

Do you have any way of confirming if the rear dovetail is a Novak cut? That would be nice to know. Thanks for the info on this. I have been looking at this gun for a long time and counting the minutes until they imported some here. I have a Tisas 1911A1. It is a very good gun.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:25 AM

Add me to the list of those eagerly waiting range reports. From the pics this gun looks good. Oh, and yes, I would like a stainless steel one.

OP, thanks for sharing your report.