My nineth WILSON COMBAT, and probably my last one. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-25-2017, 07:46 AM

My nineth WILSON COMBAT, and probably my last one.

In the years I bought quite a few of them, I seriously think I was bewitched by the first one I bought about 15 or 16 years ago.

Since then I bought eight of them, a CLASSIC, a SUPERGRADE and a KZ 1911 included, and sold/traded as many.

This one is my nineth WILSON COMBAT, and given their cost here (about $ 5,930.00 for just a basic CQB), I think this is going to be the last one, absolutely a keeper... 😉
Attached Thumbnails
1073776.jpg  
Old 12-25-2017, 07:58 AM

Congrats, looks like a nice Christmas present for Sergio.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Old 12-25-2017, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats Sergio, looks like a great build. I discovered earlier this year about the export fees being so high, and was terribly disappointed that those fees make these guns so hard for you folks over there to afford. Looks like Santa took care of Sergio a ninth time!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2017, 08:38 AM

I always thought it was import fees that caused prices to be so high. I didn't realize it was export fees. Must be something peculiar to firearms. Anyway, congrats and good luck.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:00 AM

Congrats on your new WC. Must have been a real nice person for Santa to leave that one. Oops, I didn’t get one. I’m just sayin.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:17 AM

Congrats Sergio and buona fortuna...
Old 12-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Congrats...those prices are crazy...wait is that a Kimber bushing wrench?
Old 12-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Let's see I have 3 TSG one in 9mm & a Vickers Elite also in 9mm & an EDC X9.
WC TSG 9/45 Vickers Elite 9mm EDC X9/Nighthawk Classic Bob Marvel SS 9mm/EB PATRIOT 3 EB KC/KC LW/SACS TGO-1 PC9111 Nowlin PC9111R PC9102 Nowlin PC9104/Colt SCGRG SCGRGC M45/Anvi III /MEUSOC 1911/1943 Ithaca/Les Baer 1.5 TR NRA Life Member
Old 12-25-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
Congrats...those prices are crazy...wait is that a Kimber bushing wrench?
Yes and there are also some Kimber mags in that picture.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:06 PM

The Last One?

I bought the Porsche of my dreams & said that this one will be my last one since how can I ever get a better one. We built the home of our dreams & we said that we will never build another home again since we could never top what we had. I bought a Supergrade classic with every option available & I said that I will never sell that gun as it is the finest I could ever imagine. The Porsche is long gone, the house is long gone...but the Wilson is still here & it will always be here. That's the way life is.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:56 PM

Congrats on the WC! It's a keeper for sure.
I doubt that it will be your last 1911. Not if you love 1911s.
Though this is a high-end piece, it is just another piece that satisfies.
I am the same way. At least that's one of the incentives for me not to retire!
I am not so WC specific like you but pretty close.
Happy Holiday!!
Old 12-25-2017, 03:59 PM

Congratulations on the CQB 1911. Looks like a keeper!
Scott
Old 12-25-2017, 04:21 PM

For Reals?

I've probably bought my last one too, Sergio, but never say never. Yes, bewitching to the point of psychosis. Say, living where you do, wondering if you've got a Valtro or two in your collection.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:31 PM

Congratulations Sergio, and Merry Christmas.

If this does turn out to be your final Wilson, please stay active here on the Forum.

You're appreciated here.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 12-25-2017, 07:07 PM

If you think that Wilson was expensive, don't price a Spyderco pocket knife! The taxes and other fees at least doubles the price (if not tripling it). I used to sell pocket knives and, while the export paperwork was a pain for me, I really liked putting good knives in the hands of 'knife knutts' in Europe!
Old 12-26-2017, 12:14 AM

I suppose a bit peripheral to the comments thus far ( although I did order my first WILSON a few days ago - a 40th Anniversary .45 )- but given the overseas theme, we have been in Germany and Netherlands and a few other European countries over last 3 years on trips. Of course not a gun store anything in sight ( it is humorous to research the pepper spray regs - in Germany sure but only if ours and only against animals ) but we added Switzerland this last time. Whole different deal. In BERNE, there was a gun store in the mainstream shopping areas ( always had a crowd before the large window with wares, for "photo ops" and right around from the EINSTEIN MUSEUM is one of the BEST gun museums I've been in - lots of SIG of course.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgator View Post
I've probably bought my last one too, Sergio, but never say never. Yes, bewitching to the point of psychosis. Say, living where you do, wondering if you've got a Valtro or two in your collection.
That's right on!! After my first purchase in 1970 of a Series 70 Mark IV in 38 Super. I thought all I needed was a shotgun and rifle and my gun collection would be complete. Better than more than a hundred guns later of buying, selling, trading and building. My collection still doesn't feel complete.