Post your 1911 pics!!! - 1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Post your 1911 pics!!!

Hey guys. Let's post some info and pics about our favorite 1911.

My 1911 is a Israel Arms M-5000. It's a Commander style pistol, Gov't frame w/4.25" barrel. My 1911 was made at the GAL factory as marked on the slide. There are also several discretely-placed Star-of-David proof for no other reason than it's nice to see that kind of workmanship these days. It has proven to be 100% reliable and very accurate. I couldn't be happier with it.

When I purchased the gun, it had wrap-around rubber grips with finger grooves. It also had an extended thumb safety, slide release, and mag release. The recoil spring was also quite worn when I compared it to a new one. The front of the grip is smooth, which suits me just fine because I don't particularly care for texturing on that part of the frame.

I had the following work done to it:
Here are the pictures:

Let me know what you think! ...and don't forget to post pictures and info about yours.