1911Forum banner

Xtreme Bullets plated bullets

33K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  jawjaboy 
#1 ·
Has anyone used these bullets from Xtreme Bullets in Nevada? I have been shopping around and their prices look pretty good for plated bullets. I did a search and didn't come up with any info.

Any input would be appreciated.

#3 ·
I tried a few and I hate to say it but I was glad when they were gone. I tried the 200gr SWCs and my normally reliable L-10 gun hated them. Accuracy was on par with Rainiers, not stellar but not terrible. I just posted this in another thread but my match ammo is now loaded with Montana Gold bullets, great accuracy and about the same price as the plated Xtreme bullets.

Montana Gold

#4 ·
no 2 guns are the same. That being said, call them up, the lady there offered to send me samples before i purchase, cant beat that, i ordered some 225 45 cal , stated they were back ordered for a few weeks. fair prices for plated rounds as well as cast. IMHO. Floyd

#5 ·
I picked up a box of 200gr.SWC in a local gun store. The bullets looked great. However, like Forester, I was glad when they were finally all gone. None of my 45s (1911 and others) liked them at all. Accuracy was only so-so. I've had much better luck with Berry's bullets.

Best regards.

#6 ·
After doing some searching on the internet I ordered 3K of the plated 230 45 acp's. They were backordered about 10 days but they contacted me last week to let me know they were shipping last thursday. They seemed to be very competively priced and so far have been good to deal with. I am new to the 45 acp round but I am planning on loading them over 4.7 grains of bullseye. A buddy and I will split the order and they will primarily be used for casual shooting. What would some of you guys who shoot competively consider acceptable accuracy? Please include range also. When I get some test loads ready I will chrony and do some shooting at 15 yds and 25 yds and post the results.

#8 ·
Acceptable accuracy to me means that out to 25 yards they will shoot about a 1.5" group if I do my part. At 40-50 yards the nut behind the trigger becomes the weak link, but slow fire, off hand I still expect to be able to shoot a group well within the A-zone, so maybe 4 or 5 inches.

With the 1000 Xtreme bullets I tried I could not keep them all in the A-zone at 40yards...not really acceptable to me.

#7 ·
I used a lot of Xtreme bullets, back when they were West Coast. I always got pretty good accuracy with them, but, like Forester, prefer Montana Gold, which are jacketed, not plated. (and a REALLY hard jacket)

#9 · (Edited)
Xtreme Bullets

I have for years I love them they are great. My son lives about 6 miles from the factory, we went there the day before Christmas. They opened the place up to us and showed us the hole place. Gave us free samples too. I have been using them since they were know as West Coast Bullets! I had made a bulk purchase back then of about 20,000 rounds they shipped them ground freight to a local freight yard. I picked them up there, the yard forklifted them in to my truck no charge:). The freight there was less money then if the lot was broken down into private UPS shipments by a major amount. I still have some loaded in 45acp on my shelf today! I train Navy personnel, I am qualified Expert in CDP/IDPA/EXP, USMC/EXPert,USN/EXPert. I can put 45 out of 50 of these in the ten ring slow fire at 25 yds, all day!

#12 ·
A friend of mine is has been hired as production manager for a new ammunition manufacturing business that's opening soon near me. He tells me that they're going to be using Xtreme bullets, exclusively, for their handgun ammo. FWIW, they'are also going to be using Accurate powders and Wolf primers. They're still trying to figure out what they're going to do for a reliable supply of brass.

#16 ·
With my Sig GSR 1911 C3 I have to load Xtreme 230gr RN bullets .065" SHORTER than other 230gr RN bullets, or they stick in the barrel. Also note, that Xtreme 230gr bullets are about .030" shorter than most other 230s, so the nose is shorter and base longer than most. I ended up having to load them to 1.200 to function properly. Needless to say, I've switched brands.

They shoot great in my 40 S&W tho, using 180gr TC.

#19 ·
I have been shooting Xtreme plated in 9, 38spl, 38 super, 40 and 45 for over 20 years, since they were Western Nevada. I have loaded the super to USPSA major with no problems. The accuracy has been good in most of my guns.

#21 ·
seems a bit pricey at $135 pre 1000 for their 230gr.

Try precision Delta, they have full FMJ's for $114 per 1000 shipped for 230gr.

I was told their current leat time is 4 to 6 weeks. If your not in a hurry give them a call.

#22 · (Edited)
I've been using Berrys cast plated bullets of late - and they are above average quality for plated bullets from my experiance. And for a $50 or higher order postage is free conus.
Look up Berrys Mfg , St Georges IA and you will find their website and you can peruse their selection , prices and even order direct. I have found they tend to have in stock what I need when nobody else does.

Looking at the price list I got last week from Berrys they list their plated cast 230 gn 45 FMJ's for $134.88 shipped - in stock.
9mm 115 plated FMJ at 80.88 per K , 124 gn at 82.56 per K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.