1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-31-2020, 11:44 PM

What the future may bring... now.

From my friend John who is a farmer...

Since most of you aren't working in agriculture as I am, you're probably not aware of
things that are taking place "behind the scenes" that are going to affect our food supply

for some time to come. I'll try to explain some of what I know to be fact.

1. Dairy farmers in milk-producing states across the country are dumping trailer loads of
milk into manure pits. With school and restaurants closed, there is nowhere for it to go.

Loads of cream to make butter are sitting soon to be dumped for the same reason.
You can't "lay off the cows" and shut the factory.

2. Slaughterhouses are closing. There's already today not enough capacity in the system
to kill the cows, chickens and pigs.

That's because

3. The packing plants have closed and/or have laid off workers/cut hours because the
schools and restaurants are closed.

Now here's where it gets interesting. We can live without milk or beef, right? (well SOME
people can) Vegetables and grains are next.

The FDA/USDA is not processing foreign migrant visas because of COVID 19. That means
that the vegetable and grain farmers won't have the workforce they need to both plant

AND harvest the seasonal veggies and grain products that we all are so much used to
being able to just go to the store and purchase.

It means that there may not be enough grain available aside from human consumption
to feed the beef and dairy cows or the pigs and chickens.

That is IF our livestock farmers can survive the next 4-6 months.
Margins have been razor-thin on farms for decades thanks to the artificial cheap food
policy set by our government. This could be the end for many farmers.

It's looking like long term...next winter, there is a very real possibility that our country
could be faced with a food shortage that hasn't been seen since the Great Depression.

All the money in the world won't buy it if it ain't there.

Nobody in the federal government is talking about any of this.

So, plant a vegetable garden this spring and dust off those canning skills Grandma taught
you. (if the electricity goes out, freezers are useless) Read up on hunting and fishing skills
if you don't already have them.

If and when the food runs out in the cities, the **** will hit the proverbial fan.
There will be riots and mayhem like we never thought possible.

Be well prepared to be your and your family's defender.

Last edited by cavelamb; 04-01-2020 at 03:55 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:48 AM

YepThe end is near.

Stay tuned.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:03 AM

Although I love POTUS, his administration isn't paying enough attention to the collateral damage in the food distribution industry in this country...I am not talking about restaurants, I am talking about food to the grocery stores. It is un-American that we should be having food shortages and rationing in this country. Not for a bug, yes a bad bug, but it isn't the first bad bug we have had.

And I hate to say it, if he doesn't keep an eye on this and (if) it gets materially worse (I hope it doesn't) it may impact his election. People in America will put up with a lot, but they will not take significant food shortages very well.

Right now, the two most powerful people in the country are Fauci and that Brilliant-Blond lady from the CFC...I am 99.99% sure they are both of extremely-good intentions, but I hope they don't lead POTUS too far down the rabbit-hole of un-intended consequences and destroy the economy for a long-time.

I was very unhappy with their presentation yesterday..."Millions dead in USA if we do nothing". Pointless statement, we are doing a lot, so the statement just creates more panic...Even with what we are doing, projections are 100,000 to 200,000 USA dead. Ok, we lost 100,000 in the 1968 flue, so it could happen. I personally don't think so as they are saying this may happen in the next month or so as we peak-out the proverbial "curve". So 96,000 USA dead (we already have 4K dead now) in the next few weeks (with our current strategy and tactics), because the "model" says it. More panic, more stress on the food distribution. (I personally find the # vs time period to be fanciful, lets hope I'm right and the model is wrong).

Even if the "model" is right, I want to know what they are going to do about getting it lower:

I.E.:
Here is where we are (according to the model).
These are the additional actions...What about having the general population use masks instead of discouraging it. What about locking down NYC (no non-commercial) which is spreading "cooties" all over the country as people flee, etc. - We got none of this yesterday from the CDC.

Hopefully they are high-balling us and they can all take a bow in a few months if the deaths are lower than 100K because of their brilliant management.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 04-01-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2020, 07:07 AM

When the food shortages start the inner city people will be fleeing to the urban areas. Violence, looting, brigandry will be following them too.

Unfortunately, until there is a vaccine that can be given to everyone, there isn't any relief from this for everyone.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:04 AM

If you want actual numbers instead of speculation look at the John Hopkins Map if you use their data to do the math you see that we are accelerating in number of reported cases rapidly and have not come close to peaking. If you look at the four countries with the most cases the only one that is on the other side of the curve is China (if you believe their numbers) Spain is at 8.8% mortality of reported cases and Italy is at 11.7%. China reports #s that puts its mortality rate right around 4%. So, pick a number for the US, we are not doing as well as China in locking down and isolating our people nor are we rushing in to build hospitals to deal with the crisis. We will probably do better than Italy (which has the oldest population demographics in Europe) and maybe better than Spain. So, maybe 5% to 6% mortality rate of reported cases. By the time you read this the US will most likely be over 200,000 reported cases. In the last 2 weeks that number has gone up 10 fold. If that continues for two more weeks that will put us over 2,000,000 cases. 5% of that is 100,000 dead, unless we're as bad as Italy and then you double that.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
When the food shortages start the inner city people will be fleeing to the urban areas. Violence, looting, brigandry will be following them too.

Unfortunately, until there is a vaccine that can be given to everyone, there isn't any relief from this for everyone.

It's already been happening as far as inner city people fleeing to urban areas to clear out TP and Food from Rural Stores and Sources.

If the transportation system continues to break down as in Florida where they're backing traffic up for miles to quarantine New Yorkers fleeing to Florida, that's going to slow down or stop the trucks delivering freight.

No freight moving means no new supplies of groceries and supplies being stocked on shelves.

At that point, the Inner City People will again start fanning out into the Rural Areas and Rural Folks are going to figure out that their local infrastructure cannot handle the shelves being stripped bare by folks that don't live there.

At that point, you're going to see some interesting times.

Also, we're already seeing the idiocy of Ctrl-Leftists DEMANDING that "Them The Government" seize control of Rentals and Mortgages to "Suspend" rent and mortgage payment requirements with Landlords and Mortgage Holders to be required to simply forgo collecting rents and mortgage payments.

The next step will be "Rationing" at Government Insistence and next will come seizures of privately owned supplies. There have already been seizures by "Them The Government" of Medical Supplies in Private Ownership. It's a slippery slope.

On the other hand, there are countless instances of small businesses and private citizens stepping up by manufacturing medical supplies like PPE or Hand Sanitizer and distributing it at their own costs.

So once again the largest percentage of Americans will be stepping up and being the Neighbors they'd want to have while there will be a small percentage that are sorry, greedy SOB's trying to mooch off everyone around them and demanding that "Them The Government" do it for them.

So keep your powder dry, your magazines full and your steel oiled.

We may well need it to defend ourselves and our Neighbors.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:20 PM

I talked to my neighbor on the phone yesterday.

He had gone to the local grocery store. And he informed me that it was mostly just bare shelves.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:40 PM

Fasten your seat belts cause it ain't any where near over.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:18 PM

Nope.
Looks like it's just getting started.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Doherrty View Post
If you want actual numbers instead of speculation look at the John Hopkins Map if you use their data to do the math you see that we are accelerating in number of reported cases rapidly and have not come close to peaking. If you look at the four countries with the most cases the only one that is on the other side of the curve is China (if you believe their numbers) Spain is at 8.8% mortality of reported cases and Italy is at 11.7%. China reports #s that puts its mortality rate right around 4%. So, pick a number for the US, we are not doing as well as China in locking down and isolating our people nor are we rushing in to build hospitals to deal with the crisis. We will probably do better than Italy (which has the oldest population demographics in Europe) and maybe better than Spain. So, maybe 5% to 6% mortality rate of reported cases. By the time you read this the US will most likely be over 200,000 reported cases. In the last 2 weeks that number has gone up 10 fold. If that continues for two more weeks that will put us over 2,000,000 cases. 5% of that is 100,000 dead, unless we're as bad as Italy and then you double that.
China lied about their numbers. On the ground people have reported the deaths are much more than what the Chinese officially reported. In Wuhan they have seven mortuaries that do cremations. They are running 24-7 each, cremating around 1300 bodies daily. They order urns in the tens of thousands. Anyway the Chinese habitually lie about everything. it is part of their ingrained system.

Another example is they said wet markets are banned, But then backtracked on that too. The wet markets are opening back up like normal.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
China lied about their numbers. On the ground people have reported the deaths are much more than what the Chinese officially reported. In Wuhan they have seven mortuaries that do cremations. They are running 24-7 each, cremating around 1300 bodies daily. They order urns in the tens of thousands. Anyway the Chinese habitually lie about everything. it is part of their ingrained system.

Another example is they said wet markets are banned, But then backtracked on that too. The wet markets are opening back up like normal.
The Chinese Commies are indeed known as pathological liars. But..... do you have a source for the "around the clock cremations" claim? Not disagreeing, just asking.

Another theory (conspiracy theory) I've heard is that they sparked this entire virus thing as a method of getting rid of dissidents against the almighty Chinese Communist State. Think about it: they go door to door checking for the virus with a list of known dissidents in hand. If someone appears on the list, "Sorry, Mr. Wong, but you've tested positive. Come with us...."

About 2-3 months ago there were protestors in Hong Kong waving American flags and asking President Trump to come and rescue them from their oppressive regime. This was reported in the mainstream media here. So if there's something nefarious going on behind the scenes, I don't think the above theory is so farfetched.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:20 PM

This thread, beginning with an outstanding OP, has provided many valuable insights on subjects not reported by the news media, nor otherwise known by many folks, self included... although I'm always a believer in being prepared for potential times of great unrest.

+1911 cavelamb and other contributors.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 04-01-2020 at 10:24 PM.