Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-30-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post
Must be a helluva big a$$ plate......
12 inch, you ever use a CZ Czechmate? It is very easy to hit at that range with that gun, I can casually do it one handed quite rapidly

You can do the same with other advanced guns with little effort, the 92 is not among these guns.
Big plate for a skilled shooter. I’m talking about your claim of getting a novice to hit ‘every time’ at 50 yds.

Double or triple the size, and I’m still tossing the BS flag on that one.:-)
Old 03-30-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Big plate for a skilled shooter. I’m talking about your claim of getting a novice to hit ‘every time’ at 50 yds.

Lol, your loss. I'll record people doing so and link the video I have so far of this.....man I love it when people don't believe me...
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-30-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Lol, your loss. I'll record people doing so and link the video I have so far of this.....man I love it when people don't believe me...
Not my loss. And you ‘recording people’ means little. Will you also get them to say “ I am a novice shooter” as well?:-)

What happened to the recording you promised some months back about some pretty good claim you were making about 200 yd rifle shots?:-)

But, to the OP’s topic, I don’t really see a valid comparison between a 92 and 1911. That’s just too much apples to oranges.

Using ‘true’ novice shooters, ‘most’ all will get better hits on reasonable targets at reasonable ranges with a 1911 over a 92.

Last edited by shooter59; 03-30-2020 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-30-2020, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtq View Post
And here is Bill Wilson's latest carry gun the Bill Wilson Carry II in 45 (pictured with light) or 9mm.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Not my loss. And you ‘recording people’ means little. Will you also get them to say “ I am a novice shooter” as well?:-)

What happened to the recording you promised some months back about some pretty good claim you were making about 200 yd rifle shots?:-)

But, to the OP’s topic, I don’t really see a valid comparison between a 92 and 1911. That’s just too much apples to oranges.

Using ‘true’ novice shooters, ‘most’ all will get better hits on reasonable targets at reasonable ranges with a 1911 over a 92.
Two days back

Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-30-2020, 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=shooter59;13109704]
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, what’s that mean? I seem to remember something about 5 shots in ‘x’ seconds?

I’m not doubting your general abilities, but some of your claims are laughable.

As I heard a multi time world and Nat champ say to a feller one time “quit digging while you can still see the sky.”

No ‘novice’ is gonna hit any target, except the berm ‘every time’ at 50 yds with a HG. You’ll live long enough to be embarrassed by some comments.

Most here already have. Good luck, stay safe and healthy:-)
Old 03-30-2020, 11:35 PM

We've all heard this before, "it's the Indian, not the arrow".
Old 03-31-2020, 06:05 PM

OP again ... Mine are not expensive guns and I own a 96, not a 92. No interest in 9mm outside my Micro 9 and I wish it were 40 cal.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
OP again ... Mine are not expensive guns and I own a 96, not a 92. No interest in 9mm outside my Micro 9 and I wish it were 40 cal.
Fine pistols. I’m just not sure I see an apples to apples comparison with a 1911.

Both/either are more than up to the task of a fighting pistol though. Different strokes and all that.

The one universal gripe that has some merit IMO is grip size, and grip size/ long trigger if your hands run on the smaller size.

Assuming that’s not an issue, they work very well.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:22 PM

I'm convinced that the gun you shoot most is the gun you shoot best, regardless of what it is. My carry pistol is a Franken gun CCO that I made years ago from a Rock Island Compact frame and an Iver Johnson Commander top end. It has thousands and thousands of rounds through it. I shoot it better than anything else I own, even pistols that are more expensive brands. Because I have put so many rounds through it, I know where it's going to hit when I aim it. If you have shot your Beretta a lot more than your 1911's, you will shoot it better.

You know how when you get into a rental car you sort of fumble around with the ignition, but when you get back in your car, the key goes in without you even realizing it. It's the same thing.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:35 PM

I actually have more trigger time with the 1911's.

Plaidad - interesting you mention Iver Johnson. Not too many people are aware of them even though they've been around ... forever ... I like my Thrasher and am trying to love my Thrasher. I think I can get accuracy where I want it with my handloads. I picked up a cross-draw holster for it. I carry it with my Kore Essentials tactical ratchet belt. The gun is all steel and a bit on the heavy side but the belt snugs it up nicely for carry.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Fine pistols. I’m just not sure I see an apples to apples comparison with a 1911.

The one universal gripe that has some merit IMO is grip size, and grip size/ long trigger if your hands run on the smaller size.
I put the slim grips on the Beretta. What a difference! I wear a LG size glove but the double stack 40 cal magazine in the Beretta with the factory grips was a bit much for my hand. Not so now.

All my 1911's are singe stack and I like the way they fit my hand.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=shooter59;13109734]
Quote:

:-)
Is there a challenge in there somewhere? I'm a long gunner. Pistols have only come on the scene for me since I moved to TX two years ago.

I have lots of competitive games with rifles. I'm also very good at them. if anyone wants a good-spirited friendly shooting competition, I'm in.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedGun View Post
And here is Bill Wilson's latest carry gun the Bill Wilson Carry II in 45 (pictured with light) or 9mm.
Email from Wilson Combat today, Bill Wilson Carry to be discontinued.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:16 PM

At one time I carried a 96FS Inox on duty. Compared to all other duty guns I've carried, it was the least accurate, by far. In fact, of all .40 S&W-chambered handguns I've owned, the 96FS displayed the worst overall accuracy, regardless of bullet weights tried.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter1201 View Post
At one time I carried a 96FS Inox on duty. Compared to all other duty guns I've carried, it was the least accurate, by far. In fact, of all .40 S&W-chambered handguns I've owned, the 96FS displayed the worst overall accuracy, regardless of bullet weights tried.
What was the year of manufacture, if you happen to know? Some of the early ones apparently had oversized bores.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:45 PM

I acquired it new, ca. 2002. Now, as a civilian, I CCW 1911s, exclusively. BTW, the most accurate .40S&W I ever shot/owned was a Browning HP
Old 04-05-2020, 03:52 PM

92/96 FS vs 1911

I wanted a 96 FS INOX for a while after shooting my brothers. At the time all I had were 1911’s and a P220. After putting a couple thousand rounds through the 96/.40 it shot worse & worse. I sent myself to SIG School as I wasn’t real confident in my DA/SA Trigger fixing skills and came home with a beautiful SIG
P-226 in 40/.357 Stainless Elite. That thing blew the doors off the Beretta! Only after taking a mic to the Beretta did we find the frame had twisted! After consulting some more experienced Beretta guys they said to send it back they would repair or replace it free, once. I love my 1911’s, and that’s what I shoot best, how can you argue with a 70 series trigger? Even an 80 series is better than any of the Polymer guns I’ve owned. Ive carried a SIG 1911 Ultra .45 for years and now swap it occasionally for my Springer EMP .40.
My best shooting gun is my WC EDC X9, but it’s too expensive to disappear into an evidence locker for a few years if called upon...