Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-28-2020, 08:50 PM

Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...es-nationwide/

President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.

The DHS guidelines list as essential:

Workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.
Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges.
The Second Amendment Foundation’s Alan Gottlieb commented on the DHS declaration, saying, “Every freedom loving American owes President Trump and his administration a very big thank you for protecting our Second Amendment Rights. This is another Trump promise made and promise keep.”

The DHS declaration comes just days after Governor Phil Murphy (D) laughed in the face of a man who expressed concern that the statewide shutdown in New Jersey had put an end to gun sales, thereby eliminating the ability to get a firearm for self-defense.

Breitbart News reported the concerned man asking Murphy, “If less guns reduce crime, will you give up your personal bodyguards?”

Murphy responded by intimating that he and the citizen had a philosophical difference in the role guns play, with the governor believing “a safer society has fewer guns, not more guns. And the guns that do exist are in the hands of the right people — particularly trained members of law enforcement.”

The governor then giggled, referenced an armed law enforcement member next to him, and said, “It is what it is.”

AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him at [email protected]. You can sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
“A man's rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, jury box, and the cartridge box,”– Frederick Douglass
Old 03-28-2020, 09:14 PM

GOA did good...

President Trump’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has revised its guidance of critical infrastructure to include the firearms industry as part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure. This revision comes shortly after Gun Owners of America (GOA) and Gun Owners of California (GOC) sent a letter to the administration urging inclusion of the firearms industry.The guidance specifically includes “[w]orkers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges” as part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure.

https://gunowners.org/wp-content/upl...-27-2020.pdf?2

https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/f....0_Updated.pdf
Old 03-29-2020, 12:17 AM

*wheee* claps.

I'm not being scarcastic, I'm being 100% genuine here.

How much of our industrial capacity do y'all thing we engaged in WWII?

ANyone?

30. 40 , 60, 100%?!

70.. that's all we did. 70.

Don't tell us it can't be done. We won WWII by doing the undoable. WITHOUT REALLY TRYING!

That, right there, is what MAGA is really about.

It's moving heaven and earth, seemingly, without tryinng too hard.

We have everything. Iron ore. Raw oil. Bauxite. Wood. Canvas. Cotton.

We can make anything we want.

**** globalism. MAGA, to its limit, is unstopppable.

To the point that the navy told congress "Yo, enough with the destroyers, really, we have all we need..."

Army did just that with the M1 Abrams. REally folks, we don't need new ones... we don't...

That Yamamoto had a great grip on the situation, twice. We're a sleeping tiger.

And behind each blade of grass, is a rifleman. With a rifle.

WHo gives a **** if it's a Winnie Model 70.... or the M1 slung over my own shoulder as I type this.. or the gorgeous Colt SP1 some of you have squirreld away..

We beat this world into submission, without trying *too* hard (yes, i know, it was a monumental effort... but it wasn't 100% either.... and y'all know it.)

Keep that in mind in NOvember..

MAGA. WE were once an unstoppable force. Until the screeching protesters took over.

My hat's off to the machinists, the engineers, the nurses, doctors... supermarket clerks... that's what MAGA is all about.

This...... is a reset. This is where the left loses.

This... is where we win.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry

Last edited by Ricky T; 03-29-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2020, 12:25 AM

That gives some oomph to the people filing against Gavin Newsom and the L A Sheriff in their attempts to shut down ranges and gun stores.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:02 AM

We needed this figurative shot in the arm from POTUS.

Now, will any of the states pay attention? Ie Murphy of NJ?

I could only wish Trump tells Murphy, “ If you want your federal aid, open NICS, the gun ranges and LGS.” Or more politically stated, “ As long as you’re not violating the people’s constitutional rights, the federal aid will be forthcoming “...

Last edited by Plantar5; 03-29-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:20 AM

Amend the Constitution for President Trump 2024 and 2028
Old 03-29-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO45 View Post
+1911. I had only added 2024 in posts a few months ago, because of the way the dems have stalled and wasted his first term.

But im in 2028 too...
Old 03-29-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Just like Putin is trying to do in Russia? It’s a bad look!

How bout Don JR.? I could go for that.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmegoose77 View Post
Just like Putin is trying to do in Russia? It’s a bad look!

How bout Don JR.? I could go for that.
How about Ivanka?
Old 03-29-2020, 12:15 PM

Please don't put more faith in this than what it's worth. This is non-binding and carries no force of law. Cut-and-pasted direct from the .pdf:

This list is advisory in nature. It is not, nor should it be considered, a federal directive or standard. Additionally, this advisory list is not intended to be the exclusive list of critical infrastructure sectors, workers, and functions that should continue during the COVID-19 response across all jurisdictions. Individual jurisdictions should add or subtract essential workforce categories based on their own requirements and discretion.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:39 PM

God bless President Trump and patriotic citizens. A daily stomp on POS liberal retard Democraps will save our republic.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
OMG - I'll have to get out my constitutional reference book and look that part up. Maybe I have a too-old edition...

Didn't FDR violate the "tradition" of only 2 terms? Didn't the same FDR threaten to violate the "tradition" of only 9 Supreme Court Justices?

Hmmmm? I guess I better bone up on all of the amendments. Thanks!!!

Well I'll be darned, it is there. I'm not sure if Congress can pass a law about Presidential terms being 20 years, however. . . of course only when it serves a progressive cause.

Last edited by DaveVK; 03-29-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:21 AM

I doubt that the commie states will obey the Presidents order. They will sue him about it too.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bill View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...es-nationwide/

President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.

The DHS guidelines list as essential:
I
Workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.
Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges.
The Second Amendment Foundation’s Alan Gottlieb commented on the DHS declaration, saying, “Every freedom loving American owes President Trump and his administration a very big thank you for protecting our Second Amendment Rights. This is another Trump promise made and promise keep.”

The DHS declaration comes just days after Governor Phil Murphy (D) laughed in the face of a man who expressed concern that the statewide shutdown in New Jersey had put an end to gun sales, thereby eliminating the ability to get a firearm for self-defense.

Breitbart News reported the concerned man asking Murphy, “If less guns reduce crime, will you give up your personal bodyguards?”

Murphy responded by intimating that he and the citizen had a philosophical difference in the role guns play, with the governor believing “a safer society has fewer guns, not more guns. And the guns that do exist are in the hands of the right people — particularly trained members of law enforcement.”

The governor then giggled, referenced an armed law enforcement member next to him, and said, “It is what it is.”

AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him at [email protected]. You can sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
Had to copy and paste the article of Murphy blocking NJ2AS member with a pass.

Strange, how the link stopped working...

Breaking: Gov Murphy Bans 2A in NJ, has multiple ARMED guards kick NJ2AS News out of press conference

* Breaking: Gov Murphy Bans 2A in NJ, has multiple ARMED guards kick NJ2AS News out of press conference
Alex “Alejandro” Roubian has been attending press conferences with Governor Murphy since becoming elected. In that time, he acquired press pass instructions from the New Jersey Press Association. Per the New Jersey Press Association:

“A New Jersey police credential is not required nor intended for use related to covering municipal, county or state government meetings. Nor is it for access to events, e.g. sports and entertainment. In such cases, an identification card issued by the employing news organization may be presented.”

He has attended numerous events as a news reporter and questioned the governor many times. Alejandro’s content, videos, and articles have been watched and read by millions. But that all ended today in a crescendo of delicious hypocrisy.

The governor has completely banned NJ citizens from buying firearms and ammunition during the state-wide quarantine. Alejandro has recently attended 3 press conferences questioning the governor about this ban. At the third press conference, Governor Murphy became visibly irritated at Alejandro’s presence and admitted “that (it) is not without dispute” that his office had rejected Alejandro’s “press credentials.”

Today’s press conference was different. Unlike previous days, the doors were locked. When he knocked on the door, he was intercepted by armed guards and a representative from Governor Murphy’s office. Additional armed state police officers surrounded him in a show of force and intimidation.

You won’t believe the hypocrisy from the Office of The Governor that has denied every New Jerseyan the right to purchase a firearm for protection.

Watch the stunning footage where our statist Governor uses force and firearms to censor the First Amendment rights of a member of the press, after already denying the collective 2nd amendment rights of the entire citizenry
Old 03-30-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
We needed this figurative shot in the arm from POTUS.

Now, will any of the states pay attention? Ie Murphy of NJ?

I could only wish Trump tells Murphy, “ If you want your federal aid, open NICS, the gun ranges and LGS.” Or more politically stated, “ As long as you’re not violating the people’s constitutional rights, the federal aid will be forthcoming “...
And be nice to me!
Old 03-30-2020, 09:14 AM

Four more years.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 03-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Adminstrator

The US DOJ should issue an arrest warrant for the Goobernor.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Bandit View Post
Please don't put more faith in this than what it's worth. This is non-binding and carries no force of law. Cut-and-pasted direct from the .pdf:

This list is advisory in nature. It is not, nor should it be considered, a federal directive or standard. Additionally, this advisory list is not intended to be the exclusive list of critical infrastructure sectors, workers, and functions that should continue during the COVID-19 response across all jurisdictions. Individual jurisdictions should add or subtract essential workforce categories based on their own requirements and discretion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
I doubt that the commie states will obey the Presidents order. They will sue him about it too.
No signs that WA state is complying with this directive. Not surprised of course. Our attorney general has filed over 100 lawsuits against the Trump Administration for various reasons as it is, and knowing his love of spending state dollars to support his leftist agenda he'll file another one over this.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
The US DOJ should issue an arrest warrant for the Goobernor.
"Hey, Governor, how's your kidney doing?"

Since he's a Demorat, would it be considered a donkey punch?

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Last edited by Butthead; 03-30-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
"Hey, Governor, how's your kidney doing?"

Since he's a Demorat, would it be considered a donkey punch?

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Not cool (now that I really think about it? ). I had a kidney stone once (well, two), and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.

(well, anal fissure pain is worse though).

Doesn't change the fact though that our illustrious Governor is turning into quite the tyrant though.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:34 PM

I’m pleased to report that Gov. Murphy in NJ announced and revised his stoppage of gun sales to re-open for gun dealers sales of guns,ammo,etc. as of 8 am tomorrow morning.

Thank you, Mr President and DHS!