Fort Lauderdale locked down. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 03:59 PM

Fort Lauderdale locked down.

Dunno if it affects my little "city," but Fort Lauderdale is now locked down, effective 0001 Saturday morning. Under penalty of arrest.

Essential trips such as groceries, pharmacy, commute to/fro "essential" jobs is OK. Who knows about gun stores and liquor stores, they don't say things clearly in Ft. Lauderdale, everything's always nebulous and ill-defined.

My liquor store guy put in a doggy door to do businss through

I'm already treating my little town as lockdown anyway.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 03-27-2020, 04:02 PM

A little late! They should have done that before the brats got there on Spring Break. The damage has already been done.....just wait for the tests to come back in a few weeks!
Old 03-27-2020, 04:08 PM

You can be arrested for being off your property? If you're not in an essential area???
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 04:11 PM

Ft liquordale is in Broward county. They tried to not include gun stores under the ‘essential’ category of businesses here in Palm Beach County. Deputies showed up to Delray Shooting Center and told them they had to close. He and his atty contested the order and Palm Beach County reversed their decision and added gun stores to the ‘essential’ category. We have statewide preemption here so while Ft Lauderdale cannot pass any laws restricting things and neither can the county it doesn’t stop individual stores from closing on their own. I doubt they would do that now as for them business is BOOMING literally.
Ft Lauderdale cannot force any gun store to close if they don’t want to.
COTEP#782

Last edited by 7.62Kolectr; 03-27-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:14 PM

Hopefully it will reopen before Spring Break 2021.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Vaccaro View Post
You can be arrested for being off your property? If you're not in an essential area???
That's what the Sun Sentinel says.. thing is, this place, like i said, is so disorganized, and so imprecise in its communications that it is always kinda SNAFU.

And I agree, damage done with spring break.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...wci-story.html
Old 03-27-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Vaccaro View Post
No. You can still go and do whatever you want. Itís a requested shelter in place.
Not mandatory and I donít think they can make it so anyway. Only declared martial law would come close to forcing you to stay put.
COTEP#782
Old 03-27-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
Dunno if it affects my little "city," but Fort Lauderdale is now locked down, effective 0001 Saturday morning. Under penalty of arrest.

Essential trips such as groceries, pharmacy, commute to/fro "essential" jobs is OK. Who knows about gun stores and liquor stores, they don't say things clearly in Ft. Lauderdale, everything's always nebulous and ill-defined.

My liquor store guy put in a doggy door to do businss through

I'm already treating my little town as lockdown anyway.
If this keeps up we may return to the days of speak easys.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post
Ft liquordale is in Broward county. They tried to not include gun stores under the Ďessentialí category of businesses.
Good to know they failed. GOod on Delray Shooting for standing up.

I'm starting to think this thing about Blue states / counties / cities trying to shutter gun shops is just a thing to deny them income.

I bet that's really the root of it. As always, money, dear boy.. money.

There will be a reckoning for all this. Guaranteed.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
Good to know they failed. GOod on Delray Shooting for standing up.

I'm starting to think this thing about Blue states / counties / cities trying to shutter gun shops is just a thing to deny them income.

I bet that's really the root of it. As always, money, dear boy.. money.

There will be a reckoning for all this. Guaranteed.
I clarified and corrected my post. DSC is in PBC. But Broward tried to do the same thing. I donít believe itíll stick or that any gun stores will close.
COTEP#782
Old 03-27-2020, 06:46 PM

Was just talking to a friend in Clearwater they said that Hillsborough County (Tampa) and Pinellas County (Clearwater) Florida just issued stay at home orders that go into effect at 2200 local 27 March.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye fan View Post
Was just talking to a friend in Clearwater they said that Hillsborough County (Tampa) and Pinellas County (Clearwater) Florida just issued stay at home orders that go into effect at 2200 local 27 March.
I'm in Hillsborough County. It is a safer at home order, talk about political correctness. Goes into effect at 10 pm tonight. I need to run out to Hone Depot tomorrow so will see if stoped. Hardware stores are allowed to stay open so I guess you can go to them? I need some essential quarter round to trim out some new flooring😀
Old 03-27-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo3 View Post
I'm in Hillsborough County. It is a safer at home order, talk about political correctness. Goes into effect at 10 pm tonight. I need to run out to Hone Depot tomorrow so will see if stoped. Hardware stores are allowed to stay open so I guess you can go to them? I need some essential quarter round to trim out some new flooring��
Very nice. I spent my Friday hanging drywall and that's the plan for tomorrow as well. Good luck with finishing the floor trim.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:04 PM

We only had 8 cases here in our county then when New York city area became new ground zero they rush and flocked into their and brought COVID19 with them. The Gov. shut down the board walk and beach to keep them away but damage had been done now we're up to 37 in a week after all those "Escape from New York".
Old 03-28-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo3 View Post
I'm in Hillsborough County. It is a safer at home order, talk about political correctness. Goes into effect at 10 pm tonight. I need to run out to Hone Depot tomorrow so will see if stoped. Hardware stores are allowed to stay open so I guess you can go to them? I need some essential quarter round to trim out some new flooring😀
They may turn you around. Tell them you are buying re-bar to put over your windows.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:01 PM
Banned

Just stay at home and not allow spread of this virus. It's no time to flaunt some juvenile display of going against the government you voted in.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:33 PM

Fort Lauderdale wait until they bring those ships in . Governor doing good job send them back to where they came from.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
Fort Lauderdale wait until they bring those ships in . Governor doing good job send them back to where they came from.
There are 300 Americans among them. I am a humanitarian but I also don't think we should subject our local Florida ports to more potential cases and biohazard contamination, especially for those ships flagged under a foreign nation.

Send them to Gitmo Naval base if no one takes them, quarantine them and repatriate them, group by group, with all the necessary protection on cargo planes (in Quarantine) to their respective nations where the passengers are from.

Then make the cruise lines pay 100% for the cost. Those cruise lines were making tons of money, their profits soared in previous years and their ships have become towering behemoths. Most escaped US taxation by flagging their ships under flags of convenience like Liberia, Panama, Cyprus, etc.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:37 PM

Broward county is allowing the two ships to berth at Port Everglades.

If you are bored and want to read some crazy interesting stuff the link below is the agreement just executed between the cruise line and the county.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4546...dam#from_embed
Old 04-02-2020, 06:54 PM

Wow thanks for posting. Looks like the cruise lines was between a rock and a hard place. I wonder how accurate the numbers of sick are?
Old 04-03-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
A little late! They should have done that before the brats got there on Spring Break. The damage has already been done.....just wait for the tests to come back in a few weeks!
Yep, Trump (who I love) keeps saying what a great job the Governor is doing but Mr. D. blew this one big time...As I say from time to time, dogma's should never overwhelm common sense.

Also, I am glad Mr D. finally showed some compassion on the cruise ships. For goodness sake there were Americans on the ships...No one is saying to let them loose on FLA, but there is such a thing as basic human decency and again, common sense. Letting them ashore and quartered is a no brainier.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 04-03-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor View Post
We only had 8 cases here in our county then when New York city area became new ground zero they rush and flocked into their and brought COVID19 with them. The Gov. shut down the board walk and beach to keep them away but damage had been done now we're up to 37 in a week after all those "Escape from New York".
Agree with this too, wth is the point of having a quarantine if one can spread cooties with impunity all over the country...
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 04-15-2020, 09:00 AM

Inmate released from Hillsborough County Jail (Tampa) last month as a measure to stop spread of coronavirus in the county jail has been arrested and charged for murder.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/...-deputies-say/
Old 04-15-2020, 01:21 PM

You just had to know that it was only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye fan View Post
Inmate released from Hillsborough County Jail (Tampa) last month as a measure to stop spread of coronavirus in the county jail has been arrested and charged for murder.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/...-deputies-say/
There will be more of this no doubt.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:49 PM

Yup, already has been....those useless pieces of non societal contribution are set free to spread the virus in an environment with heightened rules. They couldn't abide by the normal laws the way it was. This will not go over too well!!
No better way to contain a virus than to quarantine everyone deserved in a cage. I did not make those bad decisions. There are consequences!
Letting the pukes out to penalize society is a bit stupid...Ö..