Springfield Armory 1911 in 9mm - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-05-2018, 10:35 PM

Front cocking serrations, checkered flat main spring housing, fully ramped barrel...
Old 03-09-2018, 01:52 AM

Love my 9mm 1911... BUT..

I'm having trouble with the front end of the extractor lifting up and jamming against the slide.
It is pressed into the frame, and NOT secured with a roll pin.
GREAT shooting piece!!! Recent competition I hit 42 Bulls and six just outside the Bull. Love this pistol! But three and half weeks after receiving ti... Back it goes to Springfield. Damn. Five weeks of this Competition left too!
Time for the TRP and a little more recoil, right!
Good luck all.
Get out and vote in the Mid Year Elections and keep your NRA membership going!!
Richard.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:33 PM

Well, I know this post was a while ago, but...
My problem turned out to be my Wilson Combat 10-round magazines!!!
They are just a CH too tall, and when I slammed them into the SA Loaded 9mm, They smacked the bottom of the ejector, pushing it up out of the frame, and then wedged the ejector between the slide and frame.
Sent it to Springfield and they (as they SHOULD have done initially) drilled and roll pinned it properly. Not a problem since. Even using the very same mags that "caused" the problem!!!
Shame on SA for saving $5.00 and gluing the ejector into the frame.
All the best to everyone.
Semper Fi.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:55 PM

Sarge, same thing that happened to my EMP4, but I was using the oe Springfield mags and CMC mags, they all hit the bottom outer corner of the ejector and also caused it to come loose but I replied mine using 2 part epoxy, I had zero faith in Springfield at that point.

I clearanced the ejector before reglueing it and everything has been fine in the last 5k rds. I also checked and clearances the ejector on my SS 9mm range officer at that time because I found it also hitting, the ejector has never come loose in 10k rds now.

I believe that gluing the ejector is not the real problem here but the fact that the magazines all seem to hit them.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricknhank View Post
I have a couple thousand rounds through my SA EMP4 9mm. Great gun. Reliable and accurate.
That's good to hear; I just bought a 9mm EMP4 a couple of weeks ago. I've put about 50 rounds through it so far and it's been flawless. As smooth as the smaller pistol is in 9mm, I'd think a full-size 9mm 1911 would recoil like a .22 .

The only thing I don't like about my EMP4 is the ambi thumb safety. It doesn't get in the way, or anything, but since I'm right handed the "other" side is as useless as boobs on a boar hog. Neither of my other two 1911's have an ambi safety.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
As smooth as the smaller pistol is in 9mm, I'd think a full-size 9mm 1911 would recoil like a .22 .

And you would be correct . No recoil at all
Old 03-20-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt 7291 View Post
I'm considering getting a 1911 chambered in 9mm. I like the Springfield Range Officer Elite in 45. Anyone here use a 1911 in 9mm?
I have three; a four inch Wilson Professional in 9mm, a 4 1/4” multi-caliber hi-cap RIA with a rail (I don’t like rails on 1911s) in 9mm and 22 TCM, and a five inch Springfield RO in 9mm.

I also have eight other 1911s in God’s (and JMB’s) caliber; the .45 acp.

9mm 1911s are great shooting pistols, and anyone that doesn’t like them just hasn’t shot one yet.

Rick
http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/
IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Last edited by Rick McC.; 03-20-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSarge View Post
They are just a CH too tall,
Sarge, great terminology. Not going to ask what "CH" stands for b/c we all outta know. Need something to smile about these days..