New model 1911...Ronin - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 09:28 PM

The glued extractor is not a good thing to me, not a deal breaker but the lack of front-strap checkering will persuade me to not pull My money out. Not going to do it.

I bought a new Kimber Long slide .45 earlier this year (thanks for that longslide bug Bill!) that for the same $850 has no nice front strap checkering and lo & behold a pinned extractor. Now I’ll add that it did have some initial quality issues not as bad as my 9mm springer RO but not perfect either. I just cannot understand Springfield’s reasoning for not checkering their front straps on anything less than a trp.

The Kimber is a very nicely machined & tightly fitted piece, probably my first & last Kimber, but I’ll enjoy it just the same. No Ronin in my future either.

Last edited by passx; 01-19-2020 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:09 PM

Hey Hey Hey ...... Its really SACS's fault for bringing My longslide back from the dead .
If SACS would not have done such a great job on it . You would have never shot it . I
would not have bought my TGO-1 , my Professional , my Champion , or my Combat
Operator . So its all SACS's fault . In fact now that you got me thinking . SACS STOLE
all that money from me , I spent on all their work , its a Crime I tell you .. Maybe that is
why SACS will not do full custom work again . Its a Crime to offer such great services ,
at good prices for the regular John Q public to use .

Old 01-20-2020, 07:22 PM

Its really to bad SACS's does not do checkering . This would be a great candidate
to be upgraded with checkering . Its good looking , 9mm and 45acp , sights are nice
. No ambi , everything you want , except checkering and at 850.00 list its a great
pistol to send back to SA for custom work . SORRY would have been a great pistol
to send back to SACS for custom work if they still did it .
Old 01-20-2020, 09:15 PM

Billy , you are right the new Ronin should have come with checkered front strap, but it didn't. I'm going to send you a big bottle of forget SACS pills and I want you to 1 pill 3 times a day until your obsession resides. Quit beating a dead horse .
Old 01-21-2020, 01:00 PM

I just wished SA went with the finer, vertical slide serrations like those on the Loaded Target Models, even better would have been to totally eliminate the front slide cocking serrations.....then renamed it " Samurai " rather than " Ronin ".
Old 01-21-2020, 04:06 PM

Why the name "Ronin"?
True Samurai never used a 1911, or any firearm. They were opposed to modern inventions, especially weapons.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:46 PM

my RO Elite Operator came with a pinned ejector and I'm pretty sure some members here posted about their milspecs coming with pinned ejectors so until one of us has a Ronin in hand, I'm really not sure if it would come with a glued or pinned ejector
Old 01-22-2020, 12:25 AM

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...percar-review/

Fair priced 45 and 9mm.
I don't gather the advantage of the plastic trigger.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:26 PM

Welp. I guess my XSE will break.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Colt View Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...percar-review/

Fair priced 45 and 9mm.
I don't gather the advantage of the plastic trigger.
The only car that should have ever been called a Ronin is a BMW E34 535. Or MAYBE. Peugeot 406. Anything else is an abomination.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:41 AM

Talk about a clone! Looks like a Kimber Two Tone. Even the grips are extremely similar.

They say that to copy another's product is the greatest form of flattery. I wonder if Kimber will send a thank you note to SA?
Attached Thumbnails
customii_two-tone_profile.png  
Old 01-23-2020, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Two tone 1911s have been around since the 70s. It's not a new thing.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:18 AM

Nice looking gun. I see on a couple websites that they are selling between $700-$800 price range. That's a lot of gun for the price. I'll probably pick one up once the stores are saturated with them. I think it's a hammer forged slide and frame. I'll use it as a carry gun.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
The Marines who ran thousands of rounds through their early M45A1 pistols found several slides had cracked or completely separated, and the sharp corners present in those serrations were pinpointed as the cause. Colt modified the serrations to eliminate the stress risers and the issues went away. However as you noted Colt continued to offer the old-style serrations on the XSE models, which I assume meant they didn't think civilian owners were going to be that hard on their guns. After all, if you want to find out if it's possible to break a gun just give it to a Marine to play with.
But if you really want it broke right, give it to an Army Pvt. Hammer, meet anvil = both broken.

And nothing beats a Colt Government Model Special Combat in looks.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:06 AM

I think it is a great looking pistol but I too would want Front strap checkering. I sent my 9mm range officer operator to Clark Custom Guns for a checkering job they did a great job for a reasonable price. They also got it back to me in a very short time, seems like it was about 5 weeks
Old 01-23-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
I don't like the name, *** is a Ronin?

I like the gun. Erase the name please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
Thanks, didn't know about the samurai or the movie. I guess I need to get out more. Still don't like the name.
"Ronin"

Skip to the 3:25 mark to about the 4:00 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERIz6a5Ngug
Old 01-23-2020, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

DeNiro - the most left wing, anti gun, openly hostile to the 2nd Amendment actor - use handguns in roles that make him multi million dollars. Hypocrite.

Still don't like the name.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:38 PM

I'm thinking that adding a set of Pachmayr signature grips would make a nice retro.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:21 PM

I like the looks of this pistol a lot, but I hate the front slide serrations, as many of us do. Does anyone use those, much less appreciate the aesthetics?

I don't even mind the plastic trigger if it's smooth and snug-ish. I think their marketing is off a hair. This isn't an "Operator". It's an "Elite Neopolitan"...with 3 distinct flavors...vanilla stainless, chocolate blue, and strawberry wood

Last edited by ether; 01-23-2020 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=ether;13046556]Does anyone use those, much less appreciate the aesthetics?

Yep use them every day, to press check.
Use them every time at the range to manipulate the slide.
Much faster for me and more comfortable.
Also keeps my big paws out of the way of the ejection port when clearing the gun if needed.
To each his own.
Since God is for you, who can ,succesfully , be against you! Romans 8:31
COTEP 0566
Old 01-24-2020, 08:19 PM

Still not spending any of my money on one ! I want an ACW with front strap checkering and all real steel construction, that’ll make me smile and the ejector is pinned as well. ��
Old 01-24-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lppd4 View Post
I think it is a great looking pistol but I too would want Front strap checkering. I sent my 9mm range officer operator to Clark Custom Guns for a checkering job they did a great job for a reasonable price. They also got it back to me in a very short time, seems like it was about 5 weeks
Evolution Armory did the checkering on mine, a must have for me too. I think they turned it around in a week (unfinished) but I was sending it to Severns for Hard Hat.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:45 AM

The 4.25 barrel model caught my eye.
Springfield never did a 4.45 barrel with a bushing.
I'm not buying one due to the glued ejector.

BUT WHAT THIS THREAD REALLY NEEDS IS A PICTURE OF A Pachmayr Combat SPECIAL!
Old 01-25-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoColt View Post

And nothing beats a Colt Government Model Special Combat in looks.

EXCEPT the TGO-1 Kills the Colts looks . All that writing on the slide just makes
The CGMSC look way to busy and out dated . Then add in the fact it has no
checkering for a Combat Model .
Old 01-25-2020, 04:29 PM

More Ronin at Tactical Life
https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...operator-1911/