Stumbled across a Staccato P yesterday - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 05:24 AM

Stumbled across a Staccato P yesterday

I should have just kept walking but I didn't. I've been wanting to see one in person for a while now and it finally happened yesterday. After picking it up I had to bring it home. Feels pretty solid. I've only owned 2 STI's in the past. One was a Trojan and the other was an Apeiro so I'm pretty excited about this one. I like the fact that it comes with 3 magazines instead of the usual 1 or 2.
Anyway, here's a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3309.jpg   IMG_3310.jpg  
Old 01-13-2020, 08:46 AM

Iím very curious to see how the 4.4Ē barrel shoots. Keep us updated with a range report.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:38 AM

I like the new look, dust cover. I don't like that it only comes in 9, and what were they thinking at 4.4" it's not IDPA legal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm View Post
I like the new look, dust cover. I don't like that it only comes in 9, and what were they thinking at 4.4" it's not IDPA legal.
I think theyíre pressing the LEO and civilian market more than the competition market these days. A much broader market segment.

Thereís still the C2 if you want to go IDPA.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:04 PM

Def a shift to the LEO and Civ market with them since they have been pushing for and winning some contracts with the Staccatos, which I, personally, think is a good thing. And with that push, 9mm is king for those types of markets.

I donít personally care for polymer guns, but had avoided STI in the past due to the mags and that they could be a bit finicky. But with the new push into the LEO community, those issues are/have been addressed and I jumped full tilt with a Staccato and DVCP witching a couple months. But Iím not a singular use guy either. I want a weapon that I can carry on me in a defensive role, compete in some 2 gun or other shoots, attend classes with, or use for home defense, and I feel I have that with my two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
During the last ammo crunch I sold every handgun I had that wasn't 9mm and replaced them with the same thing in 9mm (for the most part). I have one .45 commander left that I keep for sentimental reasons, other than that it's all 9mm for me. About a year ago I purchased a Nighthawk T3 in .45 and ended up selling it. I don't shoot competition so I might view things differently.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:38 PM

Nice.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:14 PM

Re: IDPA, can confirm - the 4.4” barrel in the 2020 Staccato P is a cone barrel and therefore exceeds the 4.25” limit for bull barrels in guns for IDPA. There goes my hopes for an awesome Carry Optics gun :*(.

Staccato C2 DUO looks a bit small in the grip department for competition...

Last edited by Scoper; 01-16-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:55 PM

Just got back from the range and had 150 flawless rounds. I need to do something different with the sights though. I'm not a fan of the thin fiber optic and it doesn't match anything else I have. One issue I did have was inserting a new mag with the slide back. I guess I slammed it in kind of hard and it wouldn't let the slide release and I couldn't get the mag out. Took me a few seconds to get everything back to normal but I should have taken more time to really look at what happened. I'm off tomorrow so maybe I'll take a closer look at everything and see if I can figure it out. Overall it's definitely a solid pistol and I think I'm going to be pretty happy with it.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
.45 is dead

Click image for larger version

Name:	D8A25BDF-4814-4D0F-9B83-FD40F0EDBEB0.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	572208
Old 01-16-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRope View Post
.45 is dead
Who killed it, certainly not with a 9mm, but I guess if you want to attract more girls to the sport...

On the good side there's not one of the new ones I'd be interested in except the XL in 40.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:40 AM

I too went to the gun store and a new Stacatto P Duo followed me home.

It shoots like a "house afire" like my grandfather used to say. The three black color magazines are very nice. They functioned perfectly.

Now to find a Delta Point Pro somewhere in stock. All kinds of deals but no one has one in stock! Maybe my bad luck.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM813 View Post
I too went to the gun store and a new Stacatto P Duo followed me home.

It shoots like a "house afire" like my grandfather used to say. The three black color magazines are very nice. They functioned perfectly.

Now to find a Delta Point Pro somewhere in stock. All kinds of deals but no one has one in stock! Maybe my bad luck.

My buddy at Sport Optics normally has them. If you call they can usually work out a better price too

Old 01-17-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adian View Post
My buddy at Sport Optics normally has them. If you call they can usually work out a better price too

Thank you. I will call.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRope View Post
.45 is dead

Attachment 572208
Not "dead", just in cold storage for now.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because size matters.--Me
Weapon capacity is important for those planning to miss a lot.--Bruce Nelson
Old 01-18-2020, 09:39 PM

I picked up a Staccato P today. Feels very well made and dry firing it the trigger is as nice as I’ve ever felt. If it shoots as well as it seems it wll it won’t be my last STI.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:14 PM

For those of you that have the Staccato P, how is the slide to frame fit and finish?
Old 06-27-2020, 03:15 PM

And .. have any of you shot a Triarc Tri 11? If yes, how does that compare to a Staccato P?
Old 06-27-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLnative View Post
For those of you that have the Staccato P, how is the slide to frame fit and finish?
Great. I can the post the obligatory slide frame picture later.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:01 AM

4.4" cone barrel of Staccato P not IDPA legal.....

There are ways to get around the 4.4" cone barrel for shooting IDPA:

1) Shoot the gun "as is" in the Not-for-Competition division.

2) Modify the gun by reducing the barrel muzzle length .150" You would need the barrel re-crowned, any you may consider shortening the slide by .150" as well.....

3) If the slide of the Staccato P is cut for using a bushing, then simply replace the cone barrel with a 4.25" (Commander length) barrel and bushing.

If the slide is not cut for a barrel bushing, you could purchase and use a complete new Commander length upper, which would have to be fitted to your Staccato P frame. The new upper would need a Commander length (4.25") barrel with bushing, recoil spring and guide rod, firing pin stop plate, extractor, and a firing pin and spring. The slide you choose could be for a slide mounted Carry Optic, or a standard set of front and rear sights.

Since I am a DIY gunsmith, I recently fitted a 9mm 3.5" slide (complete upper and W/N ramped barrel) to an STI 2011 hi capacity frame with the standard polymer grip. The STI 2011 lower was originally fitted with a 5" slide, but I now can change to the 3.5" slide back and forth from a 5" gun to a more compact 3.5" gun. The 3.5" slide complete upper works great, and is extremely compact....I now have an additional choice for a concealed carry weapon....

Last edited by Rwehavinfunyet; 06-28-2020 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLnative View Post
After I purchased this I went ahead and picked up the P Duo (2020 version) also and both guns have excellent fit and finish. I've been really considering the C2 Duo Tactical also but I'm not sure I'd use it much. I've been downsizing my carry guns and have started getting into the P365 and P365 XL because they're so easy to conceal.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:43 PM

I am Looking at purchasing the Staccato R, I have to have it in 45