Experior - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-11-2019, 04:58 PM
HarryO45 HarryO45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Home of the Infantry
Posts: 5,100
I am wondering if there is a higher capacity magazine? Compete against the STI? Aftermarket higher capacity mags?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-11-2019, 05:19 PM
Grandpas50AE's Avatar
Grandpas50AE Grandpas50AE is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Waxahachie, Tx.
Age: 69
Posts: 14,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO45 View Post
It has always been inferior
Not necessarily, there have been successful external extractor offerings by several companies. For most offering them, the initial offerings were a bit spotty, and in some cases disastrous, but some of the companies offering them learned that (particularly) the hook geometry had to change to be reliable. S&W is very successful with theirs being reliable, as are some others, including the Wilson EDC line, even with the limited few that broke due to over-hardening (presumably). I doubt Kimber ever figured out what the problem was, as they abandoned their external extractor attempt before they figured out the necessary geometry change.
__________________
Roger - Life GOA, CCRKBA, TSRA, VCDL
NRA Benefactor - Certs -Chief RSO; Instructor - Basic Pistol (D.E.), Rifle, Shotgun, PPIH, PPOH

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-11-2019, 05:41 PM
WilsonCombatRep WilsonCombatRep is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
So if the experior has an interior extractor does that make a exterior extractor inferior??
People who know how to fit, tune and adjust an internal extractor have no issues with them and the gun looks cleaner without the external. Same with the fixed sights vs the adjustable battlesights.

I really like the external X9 extractor. It's not going away but on this model we wanted to give the guns a little more of a traditional look.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-11-2019, 06:03 PM
chrysanthemum chrysanthemum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,155
^^^^

There are pros and cons to the internal versus external extractor selection.

But other than aesthetics and tradition (the latter being important to many 1911 enthusiasts), these pros and cons exist at nearly a micro-level of detail. It is such that what might be fractionally better for person A might be fractionally not quite as good for person B.

Perhaps many persons (those with detailed experience) might agree with the opinion (of mine) that a person who has no interest and/or no ability to occasionally adjust the extractor might fare better with the external extractor. But a person who has interest and ability to adjust the extractor -- it's not that difficult -- is likely to prefer an internal extractor....especially if he/she is a dyed-in-the-wool 1911 enthusiast.

If properly designed and maintained, both will work just fine.

GP's and WCR's input above are spot-on accurate (as always). +1911 and +1911
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 12-11-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-11-2019, 06:11 PM
tjpaxton tjpaxton is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
People who know how to fit, tune and adjust an internal extractor have no issues with them and the gun looks cleaner without the external. Same with the fixed sights vs the adjustable battlesights.

I really like the external X9 extractor. It's not going away but on this model we wanted to give the guns a little more of a traditional look.
Welcome back, it's been nearly 3 months since you commented in the WC forum, hope all is well.

We'd (I'd) love to hear any more insight into this model is there's anything further you can share or clear up. What other names were in consideration for this pistol? How long has this been in the works?

I did email WC today and asked about the double-stack magwell delete. They said "yes" the Experior double-stack models can be ordered without the magwell.

Some of the Experior line has already hit the online market.

Last edited by tjpaxton; 12-11-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-11-2019, 08:02 PM
Striker2237 Striker2237 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO45 View Post
I am wondering if there is a higher capacity magazine? Compete against the STI? Aftermarket higher capacity mags?
This. The main reason I haven't dropped $14000 on 2011s is because I really want a Wilson option for open class and limited/open carry type arm since I know it will work.

On the note of extractors I prefer internal not for looks but since I can more easily adjust it if it for some reason needs it, it's also one part not four so I feel less likely to stop working due to a little spring or o-ring dying or a screw backing out. I've never had an issue with my internal guns but my external ones have had a bunch and my new ZEV OZ9 just had it's extractor spring break on me in less than 2500 rounds on the stupid thing. Doesn't instill me with confidence with how many issues I've had vs my "unreliable" 1911s with their internal ones.
__________________
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland

Last edited by Striker2237; 12-11-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-11-2019, 08:09 PM
US1911 US1911 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpaxton View Post
What other names were in consideration for this pistol?
Maybe;
  • R.I.P. eX
  • Xellence
  • X-Life
  • XXXXXXXX9

All of which would’ve been eXceedingly better than eXperior.

However, I dig it, regardless of the name. It’s forward thinking of Wilson to introduce new models. They haven’t, nor will they ever abandon classic 1911’s. But, it’s in their best interest to expand their lineup.

We may not always agree with their business decisions or the evolution of their pistols, but lest we forget, us graybeards aren’t the future. As such, Wilson needs to continue reaching beyond the AARP crowd. Pretty sure Wilson knows what they’re doing better than I do.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Grandpas50AE's Avatar
Grandpas50AE Grandpas50AE is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Waxahachie, Tx.
Age: 69
Posts: 14,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by US1911 View Post
Maybe;
  • R.I.P. eX
  • Xellence
  • X-Life
  • XXXXXXXX9

All of which would’ve been eXceedingly better than eXperior.

However, I dig it, regardless of the name. It’s forward thinking of Wilson to introduce new models. They haven’t, nor will they ever abandon classic 1911’s. But, it’s in their best interest to expand their lineup.

We may not always agree with their business decisions or the evolution of their pistols, but lest we forget, us graybeards aren’t the future. As such, Wilson needs to continue reaching beyond the AARP crowd. Pretty sure Wilson knows what they’re doing better than I do.
This is eXtremely astute as an observation (spelling on eXtreme on purpose), and I agree. Pure wisdom IMO, because you are right: us old guys are not the future, our kids and grandkids are; best to develop a market for them, as their tastes will be a bit different than ours.
__________________
Roger - Life GOA, CCRKBA, TSRA, VCDL
NRA Benefactor - Certs -Chief RSO; Instructor - Basic Pistol (D.E.), Rifle, Shotgun, PPIH, PPOH

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Jonesky Jonesky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 254
Gonna need a manual to dissect all the different models. But I didn't see a 45 double stack...yet.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-12-2019, 04:54 AM
combat auto combat auto is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
This. The main reason I haven't dropped $14000 on 2011s is because I really want a Wilson option for open class and limited/open carry type arm since I know it will work.

On the note of extractors I prefer internal not for looks but since I can more easily adjust it if it for some reason needs it, it's also one part not four so I feel less likely to stop working due to a little spring or o-ring dying or a screw backing out. I've never had an issue with my internal guns but my external ones have had a bunch and my new ZEV OZ9 just had it's extractor spring break on me in less than 2500 rounds on the stupid thing. Doesn't instill me with confidence with how many issues I've had vs my "unreliable" 1911s with their internal ones.
Related to the above, I've mentioned this before, and I'll say it again, I'd like to see some model's from WC which are "sportier". Here is what I mean about that, my STI CC out-shoots my WC CC by a little. Plus the STI has higher capacity. But similar to your view on "less likely to stop working", I just don't feel my STI is built on par with the WC as far as ruggedness (granted only a sample of 1 STI in my part vs 5 WC's). So what I would really get excited about, would be intrinsic WC ruggedness with STI-type shooting enhancements, like a speed-shoot magwell (or whatever it is called), high-cap-45, barrel-mounted island FS, and yes, even a poly grip (which absorbs recoil), and whatever other innovation's WC might add. This would be true differentiation to what WC offer's now...All these trim enhancements in the latest WC offerings are nice, but meh, not enough to go out and buy a new gun when my WC 45'a are already running 110%. I have the Xtac grip on one of them, if I could magically get it on the other 4 WC, I would, but short of that, not much I am getting excited about with this or even less so, the last "lower-budget" offering from last month.

Outside the X9 and its version in this offering, I am not sure how this offering expands their brand much vs the offerings they already have now. But, of course I wish them well and hope they make many incremental sales, I have 5 WC Lifetime warranties I've invested in :-).
__________________
Member: NRA, GOA, ANJRPC, VCDL.
"To be born free is an accident. To live free is a responsibility. To die free is an obligation."-Gen. Halley.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." –Ulysses
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 12-12-2019 at 05:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-12-2019, 05:22 AM
Dddrees Dddrees is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Related to the above, I've mentioned this before, and I'll say it again, I'd like to see some model's from WC which are "sportier". Here is what I mean about that, my STI CC out-shoots my WC CC by a little. Plus the STI has higher capacity. But similar to your view on "less likely to stop working", I just don't feel my STI is built on par with the WC as far as ruggedness (granted only a sample of 1 STI in my part vs 5 WC's). So what I would really get excited about, would be intrinsic WC ruggedness with STI-type shooting enhancements, like a speed-shoot magwell (or whatever it is called), high-cap-45, barrel-mounted island FS, and yes, even a poly grip (which absorbs recoil), and whatever other innovation's WC might add. This would be true differentiation to what WC offer's now...All these trim enhancements in the latest WC offerings are nice, but meh, not enough to go out and buy a new gun when my WC 45'a are already running 110%. I have the Xtac grip on one of them, if I could magically get it on the other 4 WC, I would, but short of that, not much I am getting excited about with this or even less so, the last "lower-budget" offering from last month.

Outside the X9 and its version in this offering, I am not sure how this offering expands their brand much vs the offerings they already have now. But, of course I wish them well and hope they make many incremental sales, I have 5 WC Lifetime warranties I've invested in :-).
You may only have one but how about the crowd you guys happen to travel in. What has been your experience if any with those around you that have STI's? What has their experiences been like?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-12-2019, 06:27 AM
combat auto combat auto is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
You may only have one but how about the crowd you guys happen to travel in. What has been your experience if any with those around you that have STI's? What has their experiences been like?
STI's are very big in the competition market at all levels...When I was running my WC TE in Limit Division with a 10r mag stick in it, almost everyone else in the division where running STI's. There is a lot of bang for the performance buck. But they also have their carry model's etc. To answer your question, it seems that most STI owners are very happy with them (very limited anecdotal data from those I met at matches and my observation's from the STI-folder). Not sure what % of them have a WC to compare them too though. I can only draw conclusion's based on my personal experience with caveats noted (ie, only a sample of 1 STI vs 5 WC's), and that conclusion is: STI's are built like race-car's, WC 1911's like Humvee's (meaning very-hardy), kinda ;-).
__________________
Member: NRA, GOA, ANJRPC, VCDL.
"To be born free is an accident. To live free is a responsibility. To die free is an obligation."-Gen. Halley.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." –Ulysses
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 12-12-2019 at 06:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-12-2019, 06:36 AM
Dddrees Dddrees is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
STI's are very big in the competition market at all levels...When I was running my WC TE in Limit Division with a 10r mag stick in it, almost everyone else in the division where running STI's. There is a lot of bang for the performance buck. But they also have their carry model's etc. To answer your question, it seems that most STI owners are very happy with them (very limited anecdotal data from those I met at matches and my observation's from the STI-folder). Not sure what % of them have a WC to compare them too though. I can only draw conclusion's based on my personal experience with caveats noted (ie, only a sample of 1 STI vs 5 WC's), and that conclusion is: STI's are built like race-car's, WC 1911's like Humvee's (meaning very-hardy), kinda ;-).
Great feedback. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-12-2019, 06:41 AM
Plantar5 Plantar5 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 7,091
I must say, WC isnt sitting back on their model lines. Reminiscent of some of the car manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes which have a ton of different models that its hard to keep track. But it seems a bit busy for me was my first reaction. Some of the detail/enhancements sound good.
“Don’t be the first and dont be the last”, someone once told me.
But after all, it is 2019...2020!!
I guess the market will determine its popularity/longevity.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-12-2019, 02:28 PM
chrysanthemum chrysanthemum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,155
The current variety of offerings is well-illustrated in Wilson's 2020 Calendar.

On the whole, it is good to see the variety (well, maybe I'm not a fan of the Glocks), but I confess to a small pang of sadness in noting the absence of the old-time, full-size SG Classic flagship. (Although there is a nicely engraved Tactical SG for one month).

It's obviously just me, and maybe my age, but I'd surely like to see the SG Classic over a Glock, even a pair of Glocks, in the Wilson annual calendar. Maybe I can juxtapose a Classic SG photo from an earlier Wilson calendar when the Glock month rolls around.

So there, I got that off my chest. And this detail aside, +1911 for another great Wilson calendar.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 12-12-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-13-2019, 06:43 AM
WilsonCombatRep WilsonCombatRep is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpaxton View Post
Welcome back, it's been nearly 3 months since you commented in the WC forum, hope all is well.

We'd (I'd) love to hear any more insight into this model is there's anything further you can share or clear up. What other names were in consideration for this pistol? How long has this been in the works?

I did email WC today and asked about the double-stack magwell delete. They said "yes" the Experior double-stack models can be ordered without the magwell.

Some of the Experior line has already hit the online market.
Now that our customer service team is well established I normally don't comment on customer service or marketing issues here anymore.

Bill Wilson is over brand/marketing for all products and he came up with the name Experior.

WC has been working on this for over a year I would estimate.

Any other questions? [email protected] is your best bet.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-14-2019, 06:03 AM
jr24 jr24 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,166
So, since the double stacks on this line seem to be more standard 1911 uppers, I'm wondering if you can get the compact barrel comped with the double stack frame?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-14-2019, 10:43 AM
Ytown1911 Ytown1911 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,149
I know I saw it somewhere (cannot find location for this quick response) but I believe the 9mm models utilize the newer locking lug system for the EDCX9 series, regardless of the extractor location. The comp barrels utilize the traditional two-lug design.
__________________
"If guns kill people then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk and spoons made Rosie O’Donnell fat." - Unk. author
"Han shot first" - Me
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-14-2019, 12:49 PM
Striker2237 Striker2237 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 7,206
The X9 barrel compatibility issue is from the barrel ramp area, not the lugs. I looked everything over and called back and forth a lot about that since I am hell bent on having a comped X9 type framed gun at some point.
__________________
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-14-2019, 01:14 PM
jr24 jr24 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,166
Dang, that would have been sweet
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-14-2019, 05:58 PM
GTTom GTTom is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NH
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24 View Post
Dang, that would have been sweet
Agree. Just now getting into comped 1911 pistols. Haven’t even got my new X-Tac Elite Carry Comp yet but expect to really enjoy it. Just wondering if anyone has tried the NHC Fire Hawk comp? NightHawk has the a double stack option for this build.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-16-2019, 05:03 AM
combat auto combat auto is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
Now that our customer service team is well established I normally don't comment on customer service or marketing issues here anymore.

Bill Wilson is over brand/marketing for all products and he came up with the name Experior.

WC has been working on this for over a year I would estimate.

Any other questions? [email protected] is your best bet.
I was wondering if you retired . Retirement is a good-gig.
__________________
Member: NRA, GOA, ANJRPC, VCDL.
"To be born free is an accident. To live free is a responsibility. To die free is an obligation."-Gen. Halley.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." –Ulysses
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-16-2019, 08:26 AM
Striker2237 Striker2237 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTTom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24 View Post
Dang, that would have been sweet
Agree. Just now getting into comped 1911 pistols. Haven’t even got my new X-Tac Elite Carry Comp yet but expect to really enjoy it. Just wondering if anyone has tried the NHC Fire Hawk comp? NightHawk has the a double stack option for this build.
Yes, it's not carry sized and it uses the stroker system of operation plus a very heavy front assembly. It's more effective than the Wilson version but not as durable or insensitive to maintenance but they will make a double stack full race version on request but if you want that route ask for the EGW 7 port comp instead since it works better than a single.

Different goals in each gun really, the carry comp system is for maximum possible performance in a gun you can tear round carry and the firehawk is a range gun
__________________
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-16-2019, 11:54 AM
combat auto combat auto is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
Yes, it's not carry sized and it uses the stroker system of operation plus a very heavy front assembly. It's more effective than the Wilson version but not as durable or insensitive to maintenance but they will make a double stack full race version on request but if you want that route ask for the EGW 7 port comp instead since it works better than a single.

Different goals in each gun really, the carry comp system is for maximum possible performance in a gun you can tear round carry and the firehawk is a range gun
The NH is an interesting gun, something I'd like to enjoy...I can't tell from their sight if the barrel length speced at 5" includes the compensator in that 5"...The gun looks shorter than my 5" WC-Custom comp, but that may just be an internet optical illusion.

I would think the better WC comparison of this NH might be what the WC custom shop build for me, a 5" gun with the Comped Hunter barrel (it is in addition to the 5"es)...If my assumption is correct, I'd go with WC if for no other reason just to grab the Xtac f/r-strap treatment, but I am also guessing WC has a richer set of option than NH (just guessing as I don't own the latter)...There is also company diversification to consider, already owning 5 WCs, not a bad idea to go with another company. But that can burn both ways, my Conan 357 no longer has a warranty now that Conan went out of business.

Is there anything else that NH gives one that a 5" WC custom-comp doesn't?
__________________
Member: NRA, GOA, ANJRPC, VCDL.
"To be born free is an accident. To live free is a responsibility. To die free is an obligation."-Gen. Halley.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." –Ulysses
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Striker2237 Striker2237 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
Yes, it's not carry sized and it uses the stroker system of operation plus a very heavy front assembly. It's more effective than the Wilson version but not as durable or insensitive to maintenance but they will make a double stack full race version on request but if you want that route ask for the EGW 7 port comp instead since it works better than a single.

Different goals in each gun really, the carry comp system is for maximum possible performance in a gun you can tear round carry and the firehawk is a range gun
The NH is an interesting gun, something I'd like to enjoy...I can't tell from their sight if the barrel length speced at 5" includes the compensator in that 5"...The gun looks shorter than my 5" WC-Custom comp, but that may just be an internet optical illusion.

I would think the better WC comparison of this NH might be what the WC custom shop build for me, a 5" gun with the Comped Hunter barrel (it is in addition to the 5"es)...If my assumption is correct, I'd go with WC if for no other reason just to grab the Xtac f/r-strap treatment, but I am also guessing WC has a richer set of option than NH (just guessing as I don't own the latter)...There is also company diversification to consider, already owning 5 WCs, not a bad idea to go with another company. But that can burn both ways, my Conan 357 no longer has a warranty now that Conan went out of business.

Is there anything else that NH gives one that a 5" WC custom-comp doesn't?
It's 5" overall, there is one in my LGS I can take detailed pictures of if you would like. NHC unlike Wilson will do whatever you want and use whoever's parts you want for crazy one off stuff. They in my personal opinion are more nicely (if a little inconsistent gun to gun) finished and are tighter guns (not always a good thing) and the ability to have them make you ANYTHING comes into play sometimes.

The firehawk will have less recoil than your 5" comped gun due to more static mass and very long stroke and very effective springs and a good comp. It's very impressive and I was tempted at first to order a DS 9mm with optics to replace my Brown but the reliability differential held me back.
__________________
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved