1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-23-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
How is the Blue different than the orange?
Mostly the Blue has the older, chunky style checkering and no gas pedal. Otherwise the same gun. I prefer the finer checkering but the Blue is damned good looking.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdaytona View Post
Mostly the Blue has the older, chunky style checkering and no gas pedal. Otherwise the same gun. I prefer the finer checkering but the Blue is damned good looking.
This is correct. The checkering is the same as on the standard Tactical Sport. Some folks complain about it, but to be honest, it makes no difference to me, as it woks just fine. As additional 'insurance' if needed, the LOK Palm Swell Bogies take care of any concern regarding a secure grip. The 'upper' and trigger are the same as on the Orange. These are now discontinued, I believe, but they've always been scarcer than the Oranges, and that's saying something!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190205_111247.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	547980
Old 02-24-2019, 10:26 AM

Damn gun snobs ��. Anyway i’m Looking forward to Otto’s 100 & 200yd reports with that new TSO. Gotta feeling it’s going to force my old retired butt to get a part time job, just so I can join the club.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:51 PM

My experience with the TSO mirrored yours. I doubt I’ll ever shoot a more accurate 9mm. Incredible trigger. Low recoil.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Damn gun snobs ��. Anyway iím Looking forward to Ottoís 100 & 200yd reports with that new TSO. Gotta feeling itís going to force my old retired butt to get a part time job, just so I can join the club.
Do it lol! It's like everything the P210 wishes it could be
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 02-26-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
Do it lol! It's like everything the P210 wishes it could be
Now, now. Apples to apples, remember. Two totally different pistols. If we're going to help steer folks, let's do so properly. The 210 isn't claiming to be a TSO, not by along-shot, but it's a damn fine pistol in its own right. I admit, I like them both... a whole, whole lot, but I don't confuse one for the other. Best advice I can give regarding them is to 'get both', if you're so inclined. They each bring joy in their own unique ways.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanajim View Post

Now, now. Apples to apples, remember. Two totally different pistols. If we're going to help steer folks, let's do so properly. The 210 isn't claiming to be a TSO, not by along-shot, but it's a damn fine pistol in its own right. I admit, I like them both... a whole, whole lot, but I don't confuse one for the other. Best advice I can give regarding them is to 'get both', if you're so inclined. They each bring joy in their own unique ways.
Well they are about the same cost and the TSO is a slide inside frame deal like the 210 plus they are both target type pistols.........

I jest though, I will always say that the 210 is a FAR nicer gun cosmetically and from a machine work perspective.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 05-10-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVK View Post
That's par for the course for a TSO evaluation, from recoil to trigger to accuracy to thumb safety issues. I know that people have done some hacks for the latter, I just don't remember what.
Keep enjoying it!

For me, the answer was the extended safety like the one that came with my Shadow 2. It fits the TS line of guns. I left the ambi right side safety rather than install the flat right side that came with the extended safety as I use my trigger finger to flip it on at times.

Old 05-10-2019, 05:45 PM

When I was at the shop this afternoon to pick up my Colt S70, there was a lady there buying her second TSO. It was absolutely stunning! If that thing shoots as good as it looks, I might need to get one. Soon.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:08 PM

Better, it shoots better than it looks. Owning two is just my way of making sure I never go to a gun game and have to shoot something else. The fact is, I doubt I would ever have trouble with one of these things but I doubled up on Czechmates too because just damn, they are good
Old 05-10-2019, 11:27 PM

A buddy's TSO barrel just broke in two pieces. 28k rounds, 40SW.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVK View Post
A buddy's TSO barrel just broke in two pieces. 28k rounds, 40SW.
At the slide stop pin hole right?
Old 05-11-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I saw the post on Brian Enos' forum. I am aware of two TSOs in .40 (in total ) that had the same failure. None in 9 and CZ has stood behind both.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...arrel-failure/

He is a fairly expert reloader so I don't think it was the ammo.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:22 PM

Damn you TRSOtto!

I've been eyeing these CZs for a very long time,. I always knew a CZ would be my first "wonder 9" going all the way back to when they used to use that term
I've held back and let my fascination first with SA wheelguns, and then my still burning love affair with the 1911,. but! You! you and Striker!, and your damn range reports!

Last night I took a look online at pricing for the Czeckmate and Orange,. and found what appeared to be a great deal on a used Czeckmate on GunBroker..

....I was going to just walk away when I noticed, HOLY CARP! It's at my LGS!

So today off I went,. a 15 minute drive, and was able to handle the Orange, and Czeckmate side by side.

I was still leaning towards the Orange, but,.. Here's the thing, that great price on a used Czeckmate? It was a NEW full kit!

Er... so I might have ended up filling out paperwork for a Czeckmate..

Quote:
The TSO has the same trigger as the Czechmate.
So I went in thinking this based on your post, but today trying them side by side, they did seem different. Maybe it was copy variation, or maybe I was holding the wrong "Orange" but the Orange I had had a noticeably stronger pull. Both were crisp and smooth though.

At first I also thought the grip feel was very similar, but after more hands on I realized they were both just very different from the 1911 I am used to,. but are also different from each other. The Orange had a narrower grip, in some ways more comfortable, certainly more like a slabsided 1911, but the Czeckmate felt almost custom sized for my own hands, it was a very good match.

Can't wait to try this thing out!
Old 05-11-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDyneSystems View Post
Damn you TRSOtto!

I've been eyeing these CZs for a very long time,. I always knew a CZ would be my first "wonder 9" going all the way back to when they used to use that term
I've held back and let my fascination first with SA wheelguns, and then my still burning love affair with the 1911,. but! You! you and Striker!, and your damn range reports!

Last night I took a look online at pricing for the Czeckmate and Orange,. and found what appeared to be a great deal on a used Czeckmate on GunBroker..

So today off I went,. a 15 minute drive, and was able to handle the Orange, and Czeckmate side by side.

I was still leaning towards the Orange, but,.. Here's the thing, that great price on a used Czeckmate? It was a NEW full kit!

So I went in thinking this based on your post, but today trying them side by side, they did seem different. Maybe it was copy variation, or maybe I was holding the wrong "Orange" but the Orange I had had a noticeably stronger pull. Both were crisp and smooth though.

At first I also thought the grip feel was very similar, but after more hands on I realized they were both just very different from the 1911 I am used to,. but are also different from each other. The Orange had a narrower grip, in some ways more comfortable, certainly more like a slabsided 1911, but the Czeckmate felt almost custom sized for my own hands, it was a very good match.

Welcome to the club! You will be shocked when you fire it for the first time just how good it is.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:54 PM

Seriously looking forward to it!
Old 05-12-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Damn you TRSOtto!

They use the "Orange" moniker as the upgrade indicator for several models now. The Tactical Sports Orange has the same, SAA trigger as the Czechmate. I can dig the thoughts on production variation but I own two of each and the triggers all come in with less the .5% in difference.

If the Orange you handled had the narrower grip it was likely a Shadow 2 Orange or another of the guns built on the standard CZ style frame.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-orange/

Versus

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-tactical-sport-orange/

Now then, we'll await the pictures of your new purchase

Last edited by drdaytona; 05-12-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
They use the "Orange" moniker as the upgrade indicator for several models now. The Tactical Sports Orange has the same, SAA trigger as the Czechmate. I can dig the thoughts on production variation but I own two of each and the triggers all come in with less the .5% in difference.

If the Orange you handled had the narrower grip it was likely a Shadow 2 Orange or another of the guns built on the standard CZ style frame.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-orange/

Versus

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-tactical-sport-orange/

Yes, I think that explains it!
Old 05-13-2019, 07:11 AM

I've put 250 rounds through my Shadow 2 and really like it. My first pistol purchase and I think its a good one. I'm not a very good shot yet but this thing sure helps...Heaviest thing I ever shot, feels like a tank when I pick it up. If the weather here ever gets better would like to take it out to an outdoor range and shoot some steel. Still getting used to the trigger, very light.

Last edited by MFI; 05-13-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak Boater View Post
...some of the older 75B's and 75D's have gritty triggers and long pulls, but the new guns are just phenomenal right out of the box.
I bought a new 75B Omega last year and I'm not impressed with the trigger AT ALL. Maybe I got a lemon...or maybe I've just been shooting my STI too much.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
I bought a new 75B Omega last year and I'm not impressed with the trigger AT ALL. Maybe I got a lemon...or maybe I've just been shooting my STI too much.
Well the omega is the worst CZ trigger by far so......
Old 06-10-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Damn you TRSOtto!

Glad we could help!! LOL!!!

How are you liking that bad boy??!!
Old 07-23-2019, 03:27 PM

Ok, I have a quick question. I just looked at one at my LGS and the trigger was less than impressive. It had a lot of long gritty creep. Is this something that quickly wears in or can be adjusted out?
Old 07-23-2019, 03:43 PM

It is something I've never heard of with the TSO.