1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John60169 View Post
All I can share is my own experience -- If my (#6715 Talo) is any indication, they're undervalued by a good amount. "Mid-level" is a nice place to put it, but the thing outperforms most 1911's I've had (yes, including my STI). The fit-n-finish isn't quite up to par with Nighthawk or Baer or anything, but it's a quality gun you should be proud to own. Haven't touched a thing on mine except for grips and a light polish to the throat.

Now at risk of getting laughed at (although my neighbor wouldn't shut up about it) -- This is what mine did at 25 yards with no rest. And I can hardly see 25 yards - I just held center, pulled the trigger and this (hopefully attached photo) is what I ended up with...
Lends credibilty to the area aimng concept..nice work
The modern production 1911 - high visibility sights, beavertail grip safety, aluminum trigger, good trigger pull, enhanced slide/ frame fit, accurized barrel/bushing fit. If itís not a Kimber, itís a copy.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:32 PM

I have had my SR1911 about three years and have had probably 3 to 4K rounds through it.

I competed with it all winter.

The gun works great! Only changed grips and a trigger job. Also have a little lighter spring.

I am accurate as hell with the thing.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:46 PM

In a way, I have to laugh at myself. I didn't notice this until tonight, even though I've had my SR1911 (model 6700) since June 15th this year. But on Ruger's website, as well as the front of my owner's manual, they show this model having a flared ejection port. Mine does not. And also on Hickok45's SR1911 video, he has a flared one. While my gun has had its share of feeding issues, I've not had a single ejection issue in 850 rounds. Does anyone know why Ruger may have not flared this one?
Old 09-07-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo1911 View Post
In a way, I have to laugh at myself. I didn't notice this until tonight, even though I've had my SR1911 (model 6700) since June 15th this year. But on Ruger's website, as well as the front of my owner's manual, they show this model having a flared ejection port. Mine does not. And also on Hickok45's SR1911 video, he has a flared one. While my gun has had its share of feeding issues, I've not had a single ejection issue in 850 rounds. Does anyone know why Ruger may have not flared this one?
Dropping the ejection port flare was a design change on the newest ones. mine is about 3 years old & still has it.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:40 PM

Hey Kick
I was thinking on getting the SR1911c for a summer Carry. The reviews I have seen are all positive and no malfunctions from the videos I have seen. Nice features for the price. Great trigger. Would you recommend this over the Desert eagle DE1911C AND kimber pro carry II ? Pro carry had a lot of feeding problems on a video.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:33 PM

I finally got access to a Random Rest so I loaded up a bunch of proven Bullseye loads and off to the range. I took my Range Officer, Les Baer PII and my SR, all 5". Of the three the SR shot the tighter groups. Different barrels.... different results. However, I was totally surprised and pleased that the least expensive firearm produced the best results.

With the various loads tried the SR has continued to be very accurate. It is a keeper.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:30 PM

I installed 10-8 rear, trijicon front. Flat trigger. Love it. Never failed. Running winchester pdx1 in a holster I made
Old 12-23-2018, 08:16 PM

Thought I'd do a follow up since it's been a little over a year since I started this thread. I don't have this gun any more, having sold it to a friend who wanted another for his sons 21st birthday. He has one, bought one for his older son, and wanted another that matched the first two. Yep, he's a fan.

I couldn't go too long without getting another for myself. A few days ago, I grabbed a like new SR 1911 Commander for $522 OTD. What a firearm this is! So far I've fired some S&B 230gr ball, 230gr Gold Dots, 200gr Gold Dots, some 230gr Sig, and some CCI shot shells through it, using Wilson, Kimber, and Ruger mags with not a single hiccup. Accuracy is insane. I shot around dusk, so light conditions weren't ideal, but standing and shooting off hand, I was able to put everything in a pie plate. Warmer weather and better lighting should produce amazing results. I've found no reason to change anything other than grips on this gun. The grips are that great Orange color and to pretty to scratch, so I installed a set of gray/black Starburst G10's.

No need for another holster either as the Milt Sparks VMII and the Mitch Rosen ARG are doing just fine. I may have to add another full size just to fulfill that empty space, or maybe another Commander in 9mm, then there's the 10mm, or......
Attached Thumbnails
1911 Ruger.jpg   1911 Ruger2.jpg   1911 Ruger1.jpg  

Last edited by gunsmoke92; 12-23-2018 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:46 PM

Picked up a used SR1911 in .45 ACP a month or so ago. Came with original grips, two sets of plastic grips, magwell, original MSH, box, docs and six magazines for $590. Well worth the price. Looked at a used Dan Wesson at the same. While that was just a little bit smoother I couldn't justify the extra $500 for it.

Man does the Ruger shoot sweet!
Old 01-06-2020, 11:52 AM

I've owned at least a dozen Colt 1911, 70's and 80's, Springfields, Thompsons, Norinco's and a few others in the last 45 years. I bought the Ruger SR1911 when they first came out and I've got to say it is the best 1911 I have ever owned! I have done nothing to it except put a arched mainspring housing on (because I prefer arched) and a set of fancy Ebony grips (cause you know I'm a pimp at heart) I've done "0" to the internals, And I swear this pistol makes me look like a better shot than I am! I've only used Ruger mags and have never had any issues. Once again it is the best out of the box 1911 I have ever owned!
Old 01-15-2020, 07:44 AM

I really want a Ruger SR1911, but I am not finding the used deals that yall are! I keep my eye out though. Most used ones in my area are about $700, so might as well go new at that price.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:08 PM

I absolutely love my stock model 6700....best shooter I've got, behind my sr22 and my SA 1911 9mm Range Officer. Never had a moment's problem or found an ammo it wouldnt run.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk