1911Forum banner

First range trip with 1911

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cubanchurchill 
#1 ·
Have wanted a 1911 just about forever and finally picked one up.

Took it to the range for the first time this last Friday and was really impressed with it. The recoil and muzzle jump was really smooth. I had this really skewed expectation for the 45ACP. I shot 100rds, mostly at silhouette. Finished up the day with this little one-mag test. I don't really know how this rates, but it's a start. (practice, practice...) FWIW, 230gr Remington UMC. Would love to hear critiques. Part way through this shoot I changed my shooting stance to a straight up Isosoles stance. Whatever I had been doing before was with my right (strong side) shoulder centered on target and my weak side foot forward. My elbows are normally bent and long shots never are confident. I may work on this Iso some more.

I was also surprised how dirty a stainless gun gets -- and in a hurry. I have a .357 2" in SS, but the 1911 seemed to show more residue that the revolver. Comes off just as quickly, though.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.