1911Forum - View Single Post - Mag Loaders
Thread: Mag Loaders
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Administrator

I must be the unlucky one, because I have four Ruger BX-25 mags and every one of them jams. I get the common feeding issue where the round doesn't want to pop up all the way, so the nose digs into the front of the feed lip. There is a "fix" posted online where you can make a bushing out of a cut-down .22 case that supposedly helps support the follower, but I tried it on all my mags and they still won't work. So from now on only original 10-round rotary mags for me. No sense trying to play Rambo if the rifle keeps stopping every 5 or 6 rounds.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.