1911Forum banner

IAC 70 series Tisas Turk review

61K views 83 replies 36 participants last post by  tisasshooter45 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked this up because it was cheap and I can always use another 45. The gun came in a hard case with one mag. No big deal. I ordered two extra cheap 7 rd mags and two 8 rd. mags. All arrived as expected . Cleaned and inspected. Hmmm.. no internal tool marks, finish seemed good. SS hammer forged barrel, standard sights. All 70 series inside, no hammer block, no filled holes. This isn't the Regent. So far so good. Cleaned it and took it to the range with 250 rds of Aquila hardball and federal hardball. Loaded and everything was smooth. Throated and polished from factory. Ok, let's see if she shoots. Not bad! below is a pic of the results at 15 yds, all hardball, can't speak to JHP. You be the judge. I'll tune and polish it a bit more, but honestly I see no reason to change much of anything!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
It may be the same company that makes the Regent,I don't know, but they apparently have stepped up their game if so , dropped the 80 series hammer block and went straight 70 series on this one, with much better quality control. It is one of the CDNN guns. I like it a lot.Longevity? I don't know , but you can't even see any wear marks on the finish so far. From what I've been able to find out the black chrome finish is the same black chrome used on black mag wheels you see today. It's super clean inside, but does use some MIM parts. I cleaned up the trigger , but it was pretty decent right out of the box.

#8 ·
They come out of the same factory (TISAS.) The Regent R100 is sold by Umarex. The ones I have seen are Series 80s (I have read that the very early Regents were Series 70s; I don't know for sure.) But, IAC is also importing this Series 70 gun made in the TISAS factory in Turkey. I think the pistol is great. It is the least expensive, new, 1911 being sold right now. Mine is tight and clean; good finish and no tool marks. I got mine from "Centerfire Systems" (349.99 plus shipping, etc.)

There are threads about the Regent and the IAC/TISAS here; just search for them.

Here are some photos. I changed my stocks from the black plastic ones they came with to smooth Houges. I recommend the pistol.

Attachments

#9 ·
They come out of the same factory (TISAS.) The Regent R100 is sold by Umarex. The ones I have seen are Series 80s (I have read that the very early Regents were Series 70s; I don't know for sure.) But, IAC is also importing this Series 70 gun made in the TISAS factory in Turkey. I think the pistol is great. It is the least expensive, new, 1911 being sold right now. Mine is tight and clean; good finish and no tool marks. I got mine from "Centerfire Systems" (349.99 plus shipping, etc.)

There are threads about the Regent and the IAC/TISAS here; just search for them.

Here are some photos. I changed my stocks from the black plastic ones they came with to smooth Hogues. I recommend the pistol.
Good to see some more reports getting out about the pistol. Your experience is the same as mine. Mine was made in 2011, a nice bit of irony. I believe the first two numbers of the serial # show the year of manufacture. I think this gun may be a sleeper!

#24 ·
I E-mailed them to ask where to get a r35cr since they all but outright say they are already on the market on the Website. I will report what they say. The last time she gave me a list of places to contact none of which I had ever heard of which would explain why the newly released models are hard to find at the "big" places.

#25 ·
Just following up as I said I would. Here is their verbatim reply-

The Regent R100/R200 .45ACP 1911-A1 is currently available to our distributors R350CR should be available by late spring or early summer. We do not sell direct, we sell through distribution, meaning dealers will purchase through their distributors and we do not track sales to that level. You can contact the distributors listed below for dealers they have in your area or check with your local gun dealers for availability and exact pricing. Please encourage your firearm dealer to contact his/her distributor to inquire about purchasing the Regent R100 .45ACP 1911-A1

MSRP: R100 $499 R200 $599 R350CR $600

Distributors:
RSR
Bill Hick's
Ellett
Sports South
AcuSport
Zanders
Davidson's
VF Grace (Alaska)
Big Rock (Henry's)
Big Rock (MT)
JSC

Dealers:
Academy
Gander
Big 5
Cabela’s
Bass Pro

#30 · (Edited)
Bud's has them in stock for like $450 and no shipping.

These are mil spec and not wider/longer/whatever than any other 1911. I think it IS a little more square on the front strap which in my pictures gives the illusion of having small grips (or a big frame) but it's just that. An illusion.

Google some images and you will see what I mean or look at the 350 as it's more rounded and checkered.

#31 ·
It really annoys me how so many of these low-end 1911s have the thick, blocky front strap instead of a more rounded Colt-like contour. My Essex is like that, as are Auto Ordnance and most other pistols using an investment cast frame. It makes it feel like I'm wrapping my hands around a flat steel bar instead of a handgun. Aside from that these Turks look pretty good.

#34 ·
I must have a different gun than the rest of you have seen or held or something.

I know mine IS an early one as it is a model 70 style but grips fit right on and the thing feels and shoots like a million bucks. I have let all kinds of people at the range shoot it and they all loved it. Even my LGS who shoots 1911's competitively says it has great feel and a nice trigger. Actually he said "wow...very nice" because you can hear the break point right before it lets go. I dunno what that's worth but I can hear it. Less now that it's more broken in.

Like I said maybe I got a good one or something. I know I have a lot fewer problems (as in none) than some of the people here with guns that cost 4 times the money. I call that a winner in my book.

#39 ·
Just bought one of these Regent R 350CRs from a local dealer. I was impressed with what I read about it and liked it's looks. Unfortunately, that's where the love affair ends.
After field stripping it and giving it a good once over, I took it to the range this morning and experienced multiple FTFs with 4 different magazines! 2 Colt, 1 Wilson Combat, and the factory mag from Regent, as well as several failures to go to battery. I stopped counting after 15. I put a total of 100 rounds of round nose target ammo thru this today plus 10 rounds of hollow point.There would be an FTF every 3-5 rounds with each magazine. I had one of my Colt mags make it thru all 7 rounds (once)w/o a FTF. Winchester, Federal and Remmington, and had hic-cups with all of it. The gun DOES NOT like hollow points...failed to go to battery and FTF with each round, which presents a problem if using this for CC/self defense. I can't believe 4 different magazines were the problem which puts the FTFs squarely on the gun.
Needless to say I was NOT impressed. Now for accuracy, it's right up there with my Kimber! 2-2.5 inch patterns at 25 yards......very nice! However, the FTFs are a real downer. I guess I need to take it to a Smith and have the feed ramp polished and see if there is anything else that could be the issue. Right out of the box though, other than the accuracy, I can't say much positive about the operation of this firearm. Hell, my RIA performed way better than this straight out of the box!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.