1911Forum - View Single Post - Taurus PT1911
Thread: Taurus PT1911
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
My experiences with them were bad. I've owned a Milenium Pro PT-145 that had to go back to Taurus twice and still wouldn't feed HP reliably. Sold it at a huge loss. I tried my my luck with the PT1911 as a possible truck gun and it would never feed right either. Went back to Taurus after 300rds of several different types of ammo and different types of mags. Got it back nearly 3 months later and it's working after 200 rounds but the safety has worked it's way loose? Did some research on the forums and this is a widespread problem. It seems that some work and some don't. Not something I'd trust my life with.
I glossed over the PT1911, thinking, wrongly, that you were referring to the 145. My apologies.

I have an even dozen Taurus pistols, some nearly 25 years old, or older. NONE of them had any problems. Some have passed the 10K mark. ALL pistols have some JHP that they won't feed, even my Sigs, Colts, SA, Kimber, S&W, and HK.

The problems with the safety were batch related, and have been eliminated pretty well. I own one, and it's been flawless at over 2K rounds. With all of the crap spewed about them, it's virtually impossible for me to have as many flawless Taurus guns, if the posters are accurate.