1911Forum - View Single Post - Pandemic
Thread: Pandemic
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack View Post
No, this is not specifically about the current Coronavirus outbreak, but I am using it as an example.

The current Coronavirus outbreak has hit at least 4 continents and over 30 countries and almost 30,000 infected, yet they are still talking about "if the virus becomes a global pandemic".

What does it take to declare something a Pandemic???

It is infectious. It has gone global. It has hit an infection count in the 10's of thousands. It continues to spread without a known cure or vaccine.

According to what I have read, that more than qualifies as a pandemic. Am I missing something, or are they just trying not to cause a mass panic in the sheep? Are they only going to declare something a pandemic after the fact, for the history books?
30k cases, and < 700 deaths, on a rock with 7.7 BILLION people, does not a pandemic make....
Conversely, in an era when world travel was painstakingly slow, the 1918 influenza pandemic infected full 20% of the worlds population, about half of whom died...
So, when about 1.5 billion people are infected, we'll be in the realm of pandemic....
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams