1911Forum - View Single Post - Good news & Bad news..
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotebuster View Post
I received an e-mail from WC's customer service today. After looking at the photos I sent at their request, they requested I return the pistol to be refinished, and are sending out a shipping label. Hopefully they located a pint of the old stuff.
Thanks Grandpas, the gold bead is flat. I'm very impressed with it. I had a brass bead front sight on a Colt Wiley Clapp CCO, and it didn't stand out near as well as this gold bead front sight does.
Probably because brass will tarnish or oxidize where gold will not - the gold bead sights on the Wilsons are 10k gold and stay very visible for quite a while. My first one (Wilson) is 8 years old and has never been polished, only wiped clean when I clean the gun, and it is still as bright and visible today as it was then (even with a bit older eyes!). Hopefully they get you the shiny black AT finish you wanted, they are pretty good about standing behind their work.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)