1911Forum - View Single Post - Competitive Action Pistol shooting.....
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 03:41 AM

A PCC is not a short barreled rifle....

Quote:
Also a PCC is not a short barreled rifle, so you can keep trying to say it is but it just makes you sound silly. The majority of people at matches with PCCs have 16 inch barrels with 2-3 inches of muzzle brake on top of that. Some have 14 inch barrels with a welded on muzzle brake. Still not an SBR.
So you believe a shoulder fired weapon, with 30 round mags, not concealed, using a center fire pistol cartridge, and using a muzzle brake, is a pistol.....? I just don't think so....I think it makes you sound sillier....I think it fits the description of a rifle:

Rifle - A shoulder-mounted firearm, having a series of spiral grooves (rifling) cut inside the barrel that impart a rapid spin to the single projectile, gyroscopically stabilizing it in flight for greatly improved accuracy over that of a smoothbore gun.

IMHO, a PCC is not a pistol and not necessarily a short barreled rifle, but I don't think it was intended to be used in a pistol match.....

Since a shoulder fired PCC is faster and more accurate to shoot, it has become very popular to be used in a pistol match...…so allowances have been made to allow their use..... In IDPA, where drawing a handgun from concealment is still the norm, a PCC is not holstered or concealed....and really doesn't fit the idea of drawing a handgun from concealment.....so it does not compete on a level playing field.....

When I am out in public, I have been carrying a concealed handgun in FL since the state changed the laws to allow "shall issue" concealed weapon permits in 1988.....for those that meet the qualifications, the state will issue a permit. Here is the Florida statute for concealed carry, and a PCC is not allowed since it is not a handgun:

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—

(1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee. For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie…..

Last edited by Rwehavinfunyet; 12-15-2019 at 03:54 AM.