1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti-2A Bank of America and McMillan

19K views 112 replies 52 participants last post by  thearmedrebel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Courtesy of McMillan's Facebook page:

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”
“That is correct” he says.
I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
“You have to do what you must” he said.
“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635
www.mcmillanusa.com

Your thoughts?

See less See more
#83 ·
With this Facebook info., it looks as if B of A either has a rogue manager or they've changed their tune after considering the potential backlash. Rogue managers can exist in companies as large as B of A.

#84 ·
I don't doubt McMillan's story at all. Why would they make it up. I also can't imagine any banks corporate policy tossing a good customer. As I suspected in an earlier post, a rep at a local branch seems like the likely source of the "policy". I'm sure a reputable business like McMillan should have no problem finding a bank that would appreciate their business.

#87 ·
I don't doubt McMillan's story at all. Why would they make it up.
McMillan is making a killing off of this pubilcity and people are falling for it like its a fact of God.

I guess you fail to realize many well intentioned suckers...err...people have closed their BoA accounts and made orders with McMillan in response just to show support for a company that got jerked around by 'the man'.

#85 ·
Notice how BOA kept repeating "we support the military", and "firms that supply the military", ect? Not one word about firms that supply citizens, or hunting, or the shooting sports. That throws up a libflag to me. They always say "but we support the troops" while they cut their funding or piss down their backs. YMMV

#92 ·
I pulled all my accounts from Bank of America, long before this issue and encouraged both my sons (both military) and my wife to do the same. The was in reponse to them not letting a group of citizens fly the American Flag on their property when a group of wounded Veterans drove by in a convoy. The small flags would have been on the edge of the sidewalk for about 2 hours and then removed. BOA is UN-AMERICAN!!!

#95 ·
:grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble:

Me, I'm glad I bank at my local owned bank.

If I have a problem with them, I can walk a few blocks and have a discussion with the President or the Chairman of the Board and if I time it right, I can walk across my back yard and talk to the Exec VP when she's at her In-Laws.

#98 ·
This article reminds me that I want a McMillan SOOOOOO Bad.

#101 ·
To BAA...........Of all the things you have stated in your many posts in this thread, the one that is so wrong I can't let it slide is " ...because I refuse to accept people on face value when I have the ability to read between the lines."

That is absurd. I reported the events of a meeting I had, and you have the ability to determine whether my account is true of false by reading between the lines. I agree with 100% it doesn't make any since that Mr Fox said what he said, but he did. I have never made any statement about what BOA's corporate policy is, all I said is what happened in the meeting. Period. As for going to a lawyer, why would I do that? They told me they don't want my business. I now don't want them to have my business, why would I want to involve a lawyer.

How many different responses have you seen from BOA. I have seen three. The first saying that my claims were false. The second said a client was making false and vicious accusations and the third said it was a misunderstanding. Who's story hasn't changed?

BTW, I am not getting rich. I have had many people say they would like to buy something, but like you the price of my product makes them unattractive. We don't have a lot of products in the "insignificantly priced" range. I have even had a few people want to buy stock in my company, alas I had to turn them down, we don't have any public shares. Believe it or it's not about the money. Do you think I would even bother with responding to posts like yours if it were just about the money. Who cares about honesty and integrity when it's all about the money?

#103 ·
Having stated the last sentence of your reply, you at least see my point. I don't know you personally but I do know your company has a big name in he sniper rifle circles.

It's not an easy task telling the difference when one company looks to be potentially politically or financially motivated when it has a big name, with lots of 2A patriots and in the middle of voting season vs. just all this happening coincidentally in this timing.

You have to realize there could be a lot of politics in any story like this during this years election cycle. That is where reading between the lines comes inyo plal.

I really wish the best of success to you and your company.

#104 ·
So has your reading between the lines ever produced any similar political shenanigans from McMillan in the past. Are you aware of us ever having been brought into any kind of controversy before. Do you recall McMillan ever taking a public stand about anything related to politics and or banking. Had you been able to then sight a single case one might say, "I read between the Lines", but since none of those things have ever happened, maybe taking things at face value is the more prudent approach.

Hey nuff said guys, I take pride in the fact I am honest. Integrity means everything to me, but I will never be able to convince everyone that this happened exactly the way I said it did so I will stop trying. For those of you who have shown their support for our second amendment rights, thank you, we need all the individuals we can get to carry the load for those who can't or won't.

#106 ·
Boy what a sad thread this has degraded into. I know Kelly--have talked to him on the phone more than once and met him face to face discussing him wanting me to test one of his long range rifles. To say he is a stand up guy is an understatement and if you know anything of his father or the company he founded you would not be making the comments that you have.

Have many rifles built on his products and know people who are stalwarts in the industry that hold Kelly as well as his company in the highest regard....

David

#109 ·
Having extensive use in Kellys products, I have used them in combat and in LE. That stated Mcmillans standards are high and are represented in the highest of standards. Every election year the same bulls*** comes up. Do i think our rights are being taken from us as citizens day after day?YES. Its been happening and Joe public lets it happen every single day without understanding the ramifications. However , you keep doing what your doing Kelly. Keep up the good work. 1*

#113 ·
Now that this has gone way off topic, it's closed.

I am inclined to believe Kelly McMillan. There is no way his company can benefit from lying about this. It's not like we can all go out and buy his product. Most of us cannot afford it. I certainly can't.

Those that know him consider him to be an honorable man. As far as I can tell, Bank of America doesn't fall into that category, though I am sure the vast majority of the people that work for them are decent people.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.