1911Forum - View Single Post - Will a 22 cal really have any value?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Two problems with being a doomsday prepper:

1. A lot of guys prep with lots of guns and tons of ammo, yet they don't keep enough food, clothing, and medication. Since most guys over 40 are on blood pressure or cholesterol medication, what are you gonna do when your 30-day subscription runs out?

2. Problem number two, the more stuff you keep to prepare the bigger the target you'll be for those who didn't prepare and want to get their hands on yours. A lone prepper will not last long out there, no matter how much ammo he's got stored away.

The nice thing about a .22LR rifle, especially a take-down rifle is that it and the ammo is extremely portable and you can take it with you no matter where you go. While not the ideal weapon for every situation it will do the job better than not having a weapon at all. Also, every member of your family can handle it, which is important when you need your 10 year-old son to stand guard while you build a new shelter.
With all these threads and every one's opinions, if something were to happen in a catastrophic way, we will all be screwed! Some would have a quick death and some will have a slow death.

Look at how many nuclear power plants we have here in the US. If one of those bad boys has a catastrophic failure like Fukushima, any thing down wind would be in a real bad situation. No .22 would help you there!

With people's attitudes with each other (including on this thread) will be a disaster in it self!

Earth quakes, economic chaos, climate change, war and other natural/man made disasters could happen and some will happen. Hell, just walking across the street can get you killed. Humanity is very fragile and very vulnerable. Life it self is a gift. We should do our best to help each other and enjoy our time that we have every day!

Expect the worst, hope for the best! I gave my life to Jesus Christ many years ago in Everett Washington. He has supernaturally protected me in some extreme circumstances including war. Jesus is my insurance and assurance.