1911Forum - View Single Post - Bolt Gun Pics
Thread: Bolt Gun Pics
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderTroll View Post
Lazarus, would you say that CZ 452 with the Mannlicher stock would make a decent gun to teach my daughter to shoot on? My criteria are .22 long rifle, and bolt action. I know it meets both those specs. The weight listed is 6.4 lbs. My daughter is almost 12 years old. I know it might be a bit on the large side for her to begin with but I'd rather she have a rifle to grow into than one she'll immediately grow out of. I'm torn between the CZ 452 FS and the CZ 452 "military training rifle". The are both beautiful rifles. But having never held one I'd just like to get an idea of how big they would be for a 12 year old.
Hello,
I would say it would make a great rifle. It's heavier because it's a full wood stock, and it might be too large for a 12 year old girl to start, but it's a very nice gun to shoot and it might be going out of production so it'd be nice to get one before that. Plus she'll eventually grow into it. It's a 21 inch barrel so it's larger than the scout, but if you get her one, you'll want to shoot it a lot too. It handles and shoots like a full sized gun.
Before I bought it, I asked at www.rimfirecentral.com - they have a lot of into on there.
Best of luck to you!
Jim