1911Forum - View Single Post - Proper Grip Screws for S&W PC 4.25” 1911...
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
Not a really precise answer your question/situation, but if I were looking to replace/change/upgrade anything related to grip bushings, screws, O-rings, I'd start by going to the Challis website. http://www.challisgrips.com/c/18-Bus...cessories.aspx

Great people (and obviously great products) to know and do business with.
This was great! Thank you! The pistol came with Standard bushings and screws and I purchased from Brownells the slim bushings and screws and the Chalis tool to remove bushings....THAT IS TOOL IS INDISPENSABLE!!

HOWEVER, I as able to get the VZ grips on there nice and snug BUT.....NOW WHAT? the safety will not engage because the grip Is SEEMINGLY tightened down too much onto the safety (at least thats what it seams)....

I've never had this happen before so maybe someone has valuable professional insight they could provide....

Additionally, NOTE that on the right side of the safety an EXPOSED part of the frame has suddenly appeared!!! WHAT THE HECK DID I DO WRONG?

THANK YOU TO ALL THE FINE EXPERIENCED PEOPLE HERE THAT GO OUT OF THERE WAY TO ASSIST us AVERAGE 1911 HACKERS....
Attached Thumbnails
92CE7977-3FB7-456C-A1E2-DDE863A13DAE_1_201_a.jpeg