1911Forum banner

what grit sand paper?

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Vance Kromo 
#1 ·
Hello. I have a pair of VZ Operator IIs that came on my Brown. I'm not sure that I like them (for various reasons). If I decide to keep them, I'm going to tone them down just a bit on the front diamonds. What grit sand paper should I use to do this?

#7 ·
maybe you should consider selling them here on the forums; VZ grips always sell fast... Just a thought.
Personally, I think I would just get something I do like.

Yes, they are a bit rough. Normally I don't mind at all. I have Gunners and others that are a bit abrasive and I don't mind. But for some reason these points get me.
I may sell them instead. That was always a consideration. However, I kind of like the way they look. So now it's just a debating game.

Thanks guys.

#8 ·
Unless you are pretty confident in your work, I would agree with the suggestion to sell them. I have sold several VZ's here and when priced right, they sell quickly. Then order something you do like. For me, sometimes it takes 2-3 iterations before I find something I like.

A sharp mill bastard file will work well too. It will let you work slowly and get to something you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.