1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last warning

60K views 123 replies 61 participants last post by  LW McVay 
#1 ·
ONE more ANTI Trump post - one, and you will be banned.

Try me.

#32 ·
This is the long and the short of it right here.

Its Trump or Hillary. Its that simple.
You do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out. You are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem, plain and simple.

#34 ·
It's America for sure. It's the America where a private enterprise (read 'website") has the right to set their own rules. Love them or hate them, they are their rules and they are the ones paying for the site. It is disrespectful to think otherwise. We are guests in someone else's house.

#35 ·
Ya know?

I don't blame the Administrators and Moderators.

Posting on this site is similar to being in their house.

It is their house.

Paid for by them.

Built by them.

Maintained by them.

So while we all have "Freedom of Speech", we also have an obligation to be courteous while in someone else's house.

After all, you'd expect that same courtesy in your own house.

So anyone who doesn't like how this site is administered or moderated, kindly build your own site at your own expense.

Then, you can say anything you want to.

I for one appreciate the opportunity to post here.

I've learned lots about 1911's, reloading and BHP's.

I've also enjoyed discussing and debating within the framework of the rules of this site.

Sincerely,
NonHyphenAmerican

#53 ·
Ya know?

I don't blame the Administrators and Moderators.

Posting on this site is similar to being in their house.

It is their house.

Paid for by them.

Built by them.

Maintained by them.

So while we all have "Freedom of Speech", we also have an obligation to be courteous while in someone else's house.

After all, you'd expect that same courtesy in your own house.

So anyone who doesn't like how this site is administered or moderated, kindly build your own site at your own expense.

Then, you can say anything you want to.

I for one appreciate the opportunity to post here.

I've learned lots about 1911's, reloading and BHP's.

I've also enjoyed discussing and debating within the framework of the rules of this site.

Sincerely,
NonHyphenAmerican
Rules are rules and I understand that.
But just to be clear there are a few of us that help pay for this site.
51 posts and I count 5 supporters.
That's pretty sad.

#45 ·
Well its probably the right thing to do...

Right now you can't tell who is a DNC Superpac paid Internet Troll (per WikiLeaks DNC emails) attempting to sabotage the election... and wreck the 2nd Amendment...

....from one who is actually just stating their own opinion...

It would probably be a good idea if this as well spreads to other gun forums.

It's best if we unite and support Trump and focus on Hillary who really is attempting to destroy the 2nd amendment.

Trump isn't going to get elected unless we support him and start calling out the DNC, the Media, and Hillary's BS when they spew it.

#52 ·
I for one have appreciated the latitude given in the 2A sub forum.
Where else can we do this? ( rhetorical )
It has helped share opinions ( not always in agreement ) with the election and occurrences from people from all backgrounds, from across our country.
As a relative newcomer here compared to others, but not to boards, where 5 people in a room can't necessarily agree on anything, decorum should rule the day.
So whether I agreed with a thread getting closed or not, most should get it, since we're all supposed to be on the same page election/2A wise.
When I'm in someone else's house, I don't go in their refrigerator or take the remote and change the tv channel.

#57 ·
Unless you are a troll or just not very bright, why would you want to come to a gun forum and attack the only candidate in the race that supports the Second Amendment? And don't tell me the Libertarian Party supports it when they put William Weld on the ticket.

#56 ·
I feel like my rant yesterday started all of this, I'm sorry if it did, the mans got my vote, I just don't understand his actions that's all.

#61 ·
Thanks for putting an end to the anti-Trump rhetoric. There is no need to be actively campaigning about the only pro-2A candidate in the race. We are bombarded with anti-Trump messaging 24/7 in the media. Do we really need it here too when we should be advancing the only person who can stop Crooked Hillary's anti-2A agenda?

As for this thread, it is has been very entertaining. Sometimes you just have to play the Trump card.

Attachments

#64 ·
Moderators, Thank you!

I had become very disheartening to watch a minority who under the guise of independence worked so diligently to undermine our only 2A preservation option. One can only guess at the motivations involved but rest assured none of those motivations are of a wholesome nature.

#98 ·
I kinda made this decision last week, the media is so anti-trump that I am ignoring it totally, and Obama and Hillary are so corrupt that I even get frustrated at all the facts and evidence of it coming out and realizing nothing may come of it. So no more tv news, internet news sites and I am even ignoring my RS Reader for awhile. If Hillary wins I may never watch or read another news story again...too depressing.

I think best thing is to simply go shooting and get caught up on some good books.

#69 ·
Agree with direction taken. Otherwise, we're wasting valuable time and energy that could be better directed towards defeating enemies of the 2A.

#70 ·
Even my mom and I have stopped talking about politics because the lines have been drawn and it's time to circle the wagons.
Two sides, two people are left. If you own a firearm and expect for you children to still be able to enjoy the same memories you have than the choice should be clear. If you want your grandkids to enjoy owning gramps gun than the choice is clear.

God
Guns
Guts

Made this country. The choice should be clear.

#72 ·
This Nation was built on the principals of Open and unhindered debate. I think we have gotten this wrong. Instead of closing debate, perhaps we should be more focused on dealing with the Offenders whom can not debate in a respectful and polite manner.

Debating among ourselves helps us see our own weaknesses as 2A proponents. Suffocating this exchange will only work to our own detriment in the long run. Shutting our eyes to the issues, weaknesses and potential pitfalls. I am currently working to help the Local GOP Committee develop talking points and Political Action Plans, for what our message needs to be and how to best deliver this message. I have drawn upon this very Forum as an incredible mining tool. There are some remarkable deep thinkers in here. On both sides of the issues! I am sad to see constructive conversation cease. So to will the sharing of ideas, thoughts and talking points. To win this election cycle we Must know our Enemy. We must know how they think and the arguments they will proffer. Essentially putting our heads in the sand, is not the answer.

While I understand the extra strain this has placed on our Admins and in some regards I can related to their decision. I implore them to rethink this total and complete ban. Consider a set of hard and fast Debate Rules that will apply in the 2A section. Anyone who violates them gets an automatic 2 week vacation. No warnings, no hesitation. Make the conversation polite, gentleman like and respectful.

It was never the debate that was the problem. It was particular individuals who confused debating with Street Fighting.

Perhaps I will be treated to my own 2 week vacation for sharing my opinion. I hope not, and I think this is the best Moderated Forum on the Internet. I support this Forum with my pocketbook and will continue to do so, vacation or not.

But I felt compelled to point out that we may be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. This will be my last word on this subject should the Admins stay the course. If however, they decide to reconsider I offer my services to the Admins in developing "2A Debating Rules" or the like.

#76 ·
... I think we have gotten this wrong. Instead of closing debate, perhaps we should be more focused on dealing with the Offenders whom can not debate in a respectful and polite manner....
Sounds great in theory, Adam, but it presupposes that the mods have both the time and inclination to oversee the affair. From their comments, I'm inclined to think they have neither.
To me, for every several handfuls of respectful and polite posts, there always comes along the one that's not even remotely polite or tactful. Or, more troubling, shows so little evidence of critical thought that it's painful to try to process. I won't miss them. I've got CNN for that. :)
L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.