1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post your 1911 pics!!!

4M views 5K replies 2K participants last post by  dsk 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Let's post some info and pics about our favorite 1911.

My 1911 is a Israel Arms M-5000. It's a Commander style pistol, Gov't frame w/4.25" barrel. My 1911 was made at the GAL factory as marked on the slide. There are also several discretely-placed Star-of-David proof marks...cool for no other reason than it's nice to see that kind of workmanship these days. It has proven to be 100% reliable and very accurate. I couldn't be happier with it.

When I purchased the gun, it had wrap-around rubber grips with finger grooves. It also had an extended thumb safety, slide release, and mag release. The recoil spring was also quite worn when I compared it to a new one. The front of the grip is smooth, which suits me just fine because I don't particularly care for texturing on that part of the frame.

I had the following work done to it:

Here are the pictures:

Let me know what you think! ...and don't forget to post pictures and info about yours.

See less See more
#36 ·
I finaly managed to take some time for a photo shoot with my SA Loaded! The pics are not really good, but I'll take more time to take them when I do the upgrades on the gun. I really want to change those grips. Too light brown for my tastes... And a magwell is on the way too.

Sprinfield :rock:

Alex.

Attachments

#54 ·
Colt 1851 Navy Copy

This is my Cooper a patent infringement of the Colt 1851 Navy. It is not a 1911 but really related to a Colt. As it is a copy by making it double action. .31 caliber 5 shot Cap and Ball

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.