1911Forum banner

firestorm 1911 review

31K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  tlong286 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I have American Classic serial 0007# its everything he says maybe more. Mine has the smooths slide of any of my 1911.
It loves Corbon 185 DPX +P and 200+P
The accuracy from a machine rest is amazing check out those numbers for 25 yds. Remember the Delux should sell for around $400
I did in stall better grips Gun deserves them

#10 ·
I have the Firestorm Deluxe model. I Bought it Used in July for $350. the slide to frame fit left alot to be desired. The sights fell off the with the first magazine fired through it. But i liked it. I sent it to a friend who performed a trigger job, tightened the slide to frame fit, removed the firestorm rollmark, and fabricated and hand fit a new trigger. after all that the gun is amazing. I still need to replace the orignal sights and barrel bushing.

#11 ·
Is this a NEW phillipine Firestorm or a old Llama made in spain Firestorm. In july they were importing less than 400 a month .Dealers couldn't get. Yours was used ? . I got mine in may serial Number under 100. I have handled several and yet to see one with a bad frame fit.
On the old Llama, Firestorm I would say every thing you said is true.
But the New ones are terrific. Also they are 1911 compatable so no need to hand make a trigger Llama once more not fully 1911 compatable
See if yours says Metroarms Manila PI on R side of frame. above grip Should also have a Serial number likey less than 500

#17 ·
i dont have any 10rd mags so i cant swaer they will function in the firestor for sure but i think they would mines been flawless in the nearly two years i've onwed it. maybe some of the other guys will chim in with some experince with the 10rd mags!?..

#20 · (Edited)
Firestorm

I purchased a Firestorm Deluxe and a Bushmaster AR yesterday. I had time to put 30 rounds through the Firestorm today in my backyard. I like the trigger and from 25 yards its shooting sub 3 inch groups, slightly off to the right but well with in tolerance. I'm more then happy so far. I think it's gonna make a good carry gun.

#22 ·
American Classic/Firestorm 1911

Hi guys new member. Was doing some research on the AMC/Firestorm 1911 II. Looked great and had great reviews. So I find one on auction for $379/new. I though great I was expecting to pay closer to $500. Then CA screwed me again. I come to find out the the AMC and Firestorm are not approved in CA. Funny though RIA is approved. Now I'm trying to switch to the RIA. What a pain in the ass.

#23 ·
My brother-in-law has the AC and shooting side by side with my RIA Tac at the time it was right on par (when I shot it, he has me beat with long guns but with a pistol I win hands down) He put a set of smooth stocks on it so I cannot speak for the original panels though I prefer Pachs because they fill out the gun for my big palms and long fingers. I wouldn't turn one down if I kicked it up for 350.

#25 ·
This is a different gun and different company with no connection to Llama. They just happened to givre the same name to the model.

This thread is 4 yrs old and quite a bit has changed. MetroArms, thru Eagle Imports, sells only the American Classic models in the US. They will be introducing some new models in 2013. These models will go by MAC and SPS.

http://www.metroarms.com/

#26 ·
Ok, but I am looking a getting a firestorm 1911 from my friend, how can you tell wether or not it is a Llama or not?

#29 ·
People will hate me but I like that MAC Classic Model and I don't know/care why. Wish they had a non-bobtailed commander with the checkering on the frontstrap and what have you, I'd be sold here and now.

#31 ·
I had the audacity to compare it to a Colt, even exceeding it with accuracy and 'smooth' action, great blueing, dehorned, all the modern goodies for less than half the cost. I was eviscerated, ridiculed and generally spat upon for my idiotic opinion, showing lack of experience with 1911s.
I don't care. In fact I'm proud to be the cheapskate with the inferior Phillipino crap that wipes that smirk off people's faces after they shoot a few rounds. It escapes the safe much more often than the big names it hides with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.