1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which companies offers Military / LEO discounts?

107K views 60 replies 44 participants last post by  M4finny 
#1 ·
I am new to this site and have caught the 1911 bug pretty badly. I am in the military and have just been hired as a LEO in Texas (start academy in Jan). Anyway, I know that S&W offers military/LEO 40% off MSRP and I had read that Springfield offers a similar accomodation, but I cannot find what it is. I tried to search but evidently the search engine on here does not allow three letter searches.

I have been reading a lot, it seems as if any of the larger manufactures make some very nice 1911's. They sometimes have a issue here or there, but most are very willing to fix those issues when they pop up. As such, if certain mfg's offer good discounts then that is certainly a factor.

So do you guys know which companies offer accomodations and at what rate?

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Depending on the company and how they're running their program at the time (they change often); the discount can either be immediate when you buy or in the form of a mail in rebate or some other bonus. For example a few years ago HK's "discount" was in the form of essentially free night sights and a 3rd magazine. Currently Sig has a 100$ mail-in rebate for active or retired LE and Military. Some makers don't advertise what kind of discount they offer and the only way to find out is to check with an authorized dealer. I've bought some pistols from this outfit, www.leedway.com and since they only sell to LE or Military, the price posted includes any discount. As for service, if it is your duty pistol, my experience has been companies try to get them fixed and back to you ASAP since they recognize you need it to go to work. I've had good experience, with less than two week turn around from the following companies; S&W, HK, and Springfield. Personally I wouldn't let a hundred bucks or a free mag sway me, instead I would simply pick the best pistol for me. Good luck.

#9 ·
Noveske offers a 10% discount. Caspian offers a 20% discount. Glock (OK, so it's not a 1911 but neither is Noveske :biglaugh:) sells their standard models at $425, special models at $475. Once per year Glock LE distributors have "Glock Day" where all Glocks are $390ish for LE.

I wasn't aware of S&W's 40% off MSRP, that is outstanding (especially since CA guns are typically at or higher than MSRP).

One of the best (and most usefull) discounts for cops is from Danner Boots, which are 50% off for LE. They have to be shipped directly to the department (although most agencies probably wouldn't have a problem with that, mine doesn't). My department already has a $115 reimbursement for boots so in all I pay about $30 bucks out of pocket for Danner boots like the Ft. Lewis or Acadias. :rock:

Oakley also sells a wide variety to their products to LE or Mil at 50% off.

#18 ·
Tell me more about this Danner discount, I've asked them several times and they always denied having a discount even for a team order. Do you need to talk with a specific person at Danner? Thanks

#13 ·
Wow, it's pretty cool that people are coming on here letting others know what is available. Maybe at some point there could be a sticky up top for LEO/Military with a master list of available options.

On another note I just signed my contract with the Allen Texas Police Dept this morning. I am looking forward to starting academy in Janurary, it is going to be a busy year, I also start OSC with the Texas Army National Guard in March! :rock:

#14 ·
USP-45;

I think you will find most on this forum appreciative of the service of LEO's, Firemen & Active Duty Personnel, as well as many others. I know, I am. My son is a SWAT Officer, here in Atlanta, so I know the sacrifices he and his buddies make. And if we can save these guys a couple of bucks or offer them a faster turn-around, we'll bend over backwards.

Anyway, good luck to you & stay safe.

#15 ·
Military discounts

I recently got hooked on hand guns and I served with USMC, Vietnam, 1968, combat wounded,100% disability rating by VA.
About a month ago I heard about the 40% discount at S&W, called and found that it's true. Then I thought if S&W does it, who else does it. I've got a good start on a list.
Call Bill Harper @ S&W, cell phone 413 244 9902 and he will email you the forms.
Good Luck,
Jack

#16 ·
Aimpoint offers a discount for LEO firearms instructors.

The Glock price for LEO's is actually lower than previously mentioned (see OMBGuns).

One method I use for purchasing privately owned duty weapons is to contact the manufacturer and purchase direct. You don't need to go through an FFL. There's some paperwork and the guns get shipped to your Dept., but they belong to you.

#23 ·
Surefire does 25%, if you T&E something, I think they give you a better deal. Also, Eagle Industries gives either 20% or 25% off their entire product line. Just fax or e-mail from a government account and they put it on file for your future orders.

#26 ·
For anyone in Arizona, Scottsdale gun club has an entire LE section. Just walk in with your creds, and buy a NIB blue label Glock for $390 (comes with 3 mags, standards sights). Its a little higher for the G21/34/35 but still an outstanding price. For you 1911 boys (like me) they'll knock 5% off any other gun in the store.

#28 ·
I think that the way things are today every manufacturer should off a discount of some type to Military, Law Enforcement and for that matter all other work environments!!!:rock:

#30 ·
It has been a long time!

Way back when I was a puppy policeman both Colt and S&W offered significant discounts on law enforcement orders. Believe it or not, I purchased my first S&W Model 36 Chief Special with nothing more than a letterhead order, shipped to me in care of the department, for $47 and change. If I remember correctly, the law enforcement price for a Colt Python was about $110.00.

Of course, that was in 1973! Hell, I could buy a new Ford Mustang back then for less than $3,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.