1911Forum - View Single Post - Food storage
Thread: Food storage
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Good info WC, even though I acknowledged this in the other thread, want to listen n on this one also.

As far as what I can add, make sure one has a back-up power source, I have a Generic which runs on natural gas...
The concept is electricity driven.... I use gas generators. More efficient, and not dependent upon a utility service. During Matthew a few years back, NG service was deliberately shut off. The ground saturation created a risk of pipeline breakage. At one point, I had to go 30 miles to get gasoline, but it was available off the X.
I use a little 3.5k generator for the freezer and refrigerator. 3-4 hours a day, and its good enough. My 7k runs the house as needed...
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams