1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virginia continues to hold fast against tyranny!

18K views 243 replies 46 participants last post by  LW McVay 
#1 ·
There would appear to be some dissent within the ranks of the new majority of the general assembly.

Normally on the first day of a new years general assembly session, yesterday 1/8/20. The rules of conduct are laid out. This to include weather or not to permit carry in the general assembly building. Traditionally this has always been allowed. The fact that the general assembly failed to come fourth with any rules of conduct is not the normal course of events. Methinks something is rotten in Richmond.

#3 ·
It aint me!

It is us, all of us, and not just in Virginia either. We either all hang together or we will all most assuredly hang separately. I think Ben Franklin said that.

#4 · (Edited)
Nice to hear...

Like the new thread title too, much more apropos.

Yep, I have never seen the entire 2A national community more united. In the other thread, someone kept asking where the line in the sand might be. That line is Virginia! 2A winning there will be a win for all of us.

#132 ·
I am sorry, but I don't see a lot of unity. I see a lot of voter apathy. The voters in Virginia elected Northam and the pack of anti-gun fanatics running the Virginia legislature and now they have to live with that mistake. The Second Amendment supporters and the NRA went to sleep and the gun grabbers seized power and now they are soon going to be seizing guns. Elections have consequences! The same thing will happen nationally if we let the Democrats win the next election.

#5 ·
I got my signs today from the graphics shop.

18"x24" these will go back to back on a 8-1/2' maple pole for the rally. What do you guys think? Lois down at the graphics shop gave me a discount.

Attachments

#8 ·
18"x24" these will go back to back on a 8-1/2' maple pole for the rally. What do you guys think? Lois down at the graphics shop gave me a discount.
I like it.
Make two more of that size, but pictures.

One of dickwad Ralph in his black face getup.
And the other of mom/dad helping their child shoot a rifle.

Position the racist pic under your ralph text sign.
Position the mom/dad pic under your pro2A text sign.

Pictures do say a thousand words. Your signs alone only have a few words on them, etc.

Pics like this. You'll have media cameras on you all day !!!

and

#10 · (Edited)
VA HB961 looks very similar (if not identical) to the NY anti-gun BS.
Guessing BloomDick has something to do with that?

No more suppressors either? He's full-on commi at this point!
HB 961 Prohibiting sale, transport, etc., of assault firearms, certain firearm magazines, silencers.
VA will no longer be able to carry an AR15 or the like (per their description of it) as an SD item !!
The date of Jul 1 2020?? So after that no more "assault" rifles will be sold ??
The bill further states that any person who legally owns an assault firearm on July 1, 2020, may retain possession of such assault firearm after January 1, 2021, if such person has obtained a permit from the Department of State Police to possess an assault firearm in accordance with procedures established in the bill. A person issued such permit may possess an assault firearm only under the following conditions: (a) while in his home or on his property or while on the property of another who has provided prior permission, provided that the person has the landowner's written permission on his person while on such property; (b) while at a shooting range, shooting gallery, or other area designated for the purpose of target shooting or the target range of a public or private club or organization whose members have organized for the purpose of practicing shooting targets or competing in target shooting matches; (c) while engaged in lawful hunting; or (d) while surrendering the assault firearm to a state or local law-enforcement agency. A person issued such permit may also transport an assault firearm between any of those locations, provided that such assault firearm is unloaded and secured within a closed container while being transported. The bill also provides that failure to display the permit and a photo identification upon demand by a law-enforcement officer shall be punishable by a $25 civil penalty, which shall be paid into the state treasury. The bill also requires the Department of State Police to enter the name and description of a person issued a permit in the Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN) so that the permit's existence and current status will be made known to the law-enforcement personnel accessing VCIN for investigative purposes.

#11 ·
Signs are awesome...

Question for you Virginian-Patriots, do the VA-Lefty's (currently) have any proposed legislation concerning the right to (concealed)-carry, that is, change it from "shall issue" to "may issue", and any proposed changes to the right to open carry which you have now?

#13 ·
We are still waiting to see what all they have in their bag of tricks.

But you know already that nothing is beneath them!

#23 · (Edited)
Not even posted here using the IMG tags, it's a direct link, which appears dead for me.

Also, this IP 217.218.67.233 is in the RIPE registry, which usually hosts lots of malware crap. Maybe he was trying to link to a terrorist pick JPG that is on a Iranian server?
This IP block 217.218.67.128 - 217.218.67.255 is assigned to Iran !!
And perhaps some ISP's are blocking access to IP's in Iran?
Really is best to never click on links that use a IP address, unless you can 1st vett out what it is, etc.

#24 ·
Got this alert email today from NRA-ILA Virginia:
Days before law-abiding citizens are set to go to Richmond to urge lawmakers to defend their rights, the new anti-gun majority of the Virginia General Assembly has passed an immediate gun ban for the Pocahontas Building, the Capitol, and Capitol Grounds through the duration of the 2020 General Assembly Legislative Session. Citizens will not be permitted to carry firearms into these locations, even if they have a Concealed Handgun Permit.

It appears that the Dems are scared by gun owners.

#32 ·
Not been mentioned but I hope everyone from out of state attending the protests don't spend a dime in VA. Don't buy gas or food or contribute to their economy at all. Buy your gas just before you enter the state. Pack your own lunch. Don't give the librard govt a penny of out of state money if you can help it. JMO.

#37 ·
The ban is for the assembly building only.

Not for the Capitol grounds. However going unarmed is the best way to go. How many times have you seen the newsbots covering these events. They will pan around the camera on the crowd until they find someone openly carrying an AK or an AR. Then they beam in on that person and all of the sudden the story becomes all about a bunch of "White nationalists brazenly making a big show and display of radical white supremacy" Or some such bogus thing.

We need all Virginia hands on deck. Contact your representatives right away to let them know how you feel.

https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl.fastly.net/messages/edit?promo_id=7553

#39 ·
Not for the Capitol grounds.
Is that the offical law?

Is being reported like below on multiple news pages, and Fox News.

Days before law-abiding citizens are set to go to Richmond to urge lawmakers to defend their rights, the new anti-gun majority of the Virginia General Assembly has passed an immediate gun ban for the Pocahontas Building, the Capitol, and Capitol Grounds through the duration of the 2020 General Assembly Legislative Session. Citizens will not be permitted to carry firearms into these locations, even if they have a Concealed Handgun Permit.
Ref: https://gunsinthenews.com/virginia-general-assembly-passes-capitol-gun-ban/

#47 ·
There is going to be a big rally in Richmond tommorow!

NRA sponsored with Speakers giveaways, etc. Reportedly there is going to be an airdrop of standard capacity magazines courtesy Of the NRA and Magpul.

I will be very interested to see how this turns out. Both in terms of numbers of people that show up, as well as media coverage. Hopefully some forumites will attend and give us some first hand reporting. I would go myself but am already heavily invested in the 1/20/20 rally in Richmond next week.

#49 · (Edited)
NRA sponsored with Speakers giveaways, etc. Reportedly there is going to be an airdrop of standard capacity magazines courtesy Of the NRA and Magpul.

I will be very interested to see how this turns out. Both in terms of numbers of people that show up, as well as media coverage. Hopefully some forumites will attend and give us some first hand reporting. I would go myself but am already heavily invested in the 1/20/20 rally in Richmond next week.
Not sure why the NRA scheduled their rally so close to the 20th, just for the reason you state, and possibly the opposite situation where a person going to the NRA rally, might skip the 20th...2 rally's is awesome, the more the better, but why not spread them out a bit...Potentially the first rally can even suck some of the media coverage from the second. Hope not...

Here is the article from ch12 with the list of speakers:

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/01/10/nra-gun-rights-advocates-holding-rally-va-capitol/

#50 ·
What hasn't been mentioned here yet is the outrageous effort to close down both outdoor and indoor ranges in the state. Senate Bill 353 defines outdoor ranges as any facility "designed for the use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, silhouettes, skeet, trap, black powder, or any other similar sport shooting". It will be unlawful to operate an outdoor range within 500 yards of any property zoned for residential use unless the Range Design Criteria developed by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Health, Safety and Security have been met. I can think of quite a few ranges in Virginia that cannot meet those requirements. There is also a proposed bill that would place restrictions on the location of indoor shooting ranges - this one has the NRA's indoor range at its headquarters in Fairfax, VA as its primary target. It will, however, also have an impact on several other ranges in Virginia. It's almost impossible to keep track of all these bills but the NRA, GOA, VCDL and the Virginia Shooting Sports Association are doing a good job of tracking them.

#51 · (Edited)
Yea, it is emblematic of how brazen these SOB's are...This is the NYC model, city-run shooting ranges only. I'm sure part of Bloomberg's marching order's to the Evil-Governor.

This one will not hold up in court, trouble is, if it has to go to the SC it could take many years to get reversed. Court system sucks....

BTW, I asked this in the "mother"-thread to this one but had no response. What do the federal district and appellate courts look like in VA as far as lefty vs righty make up after 3 years of Trump? (In NJ Trump flipped the 3rd circuit appellate (from the left) to the right, which should help us going forward up here.)

#55 ·
The "mental illness" diagnosis - from politicians, of course...

Sen. Dave Marsden, who supports Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg,
is an advocate of proposed gun control legislation and is part of the Democratic majority in the
Virginia General Assembly.

Instead of apologizing for the insensitive remarks, Marsden called Second Amendment supporters
"mentally ill" in a letter he sent following a meeting with constituents.

Mornings on the Mall host Mary Walter read part of Marsden's letter on-air and asked him to comment.
"Too many of your members and other 2A supporters appear to have mental health issues," Walter quoted.
"A significant number of these things were indicative of very unstable people, and this is worrisome," replied
Marsden. "The responses I was getting were from people who showed signs of having mental health difficulties."

#56 ·
My congressman is going to show up in Richmond on the twentieth.

To show solidarity with us. This is my US congressman Morgan Griffith. There are still a few good ones on capitol hill. Here is the message that he sent out.

Congressman Griffith's Weekly E-Newsletter 1.13.20
Monday, January 13, 2020 –
Second Amendment
The Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms is one of our most important rights.
I strongly support the Second Amendment, and many Southwest Virginians proudly and safely exercise it.
Many gunowners are concerned that this right will be in jeopardy under the new majorities in the Virginia General Assembly.
The first actions of the new assembly, which began on January 8, confirmed some of those concerns.
On a party-line vote on January 10, the Joint Senate and House Rules Committee and the separate House Rules Committee banned firearms from the state Capitol and legislative office building. Before the committees’ actions, firearm owners with concealed carry permits had been allowed to bring their guns into the buildings.
When I was a member of the House of Delegates, I felt safer rather than less safe knowing that armed individuals were present.
The issue first came up after the September 11 attacks. I was majority leader of the House and strenuously argued against banning guns in the Capitol and legislative buildings.
The Capitol Police are dedicated and effective, but they can’t be everywhere. It was reassuring to know that if a threat materialized, law-abiding individuals carrying their firearms would be present to take action. And when meetings stretched late into the night, it was helpful for legislators to be able to carry their weapons in order to assure their safety.
What is more, advocates for the ban claimed to be acting on the advice of the Capitol Police, but the police chief only gave them his advice when informed by leadership that a firearms ban at the Capitol was going to happen.
Unfortunately, this new restriction on legal firearm use is likely only the first to gain approval in the new General Assembly.
HB 567 outlaws civilian indoor shooting ranges in buildings where more than 50 people work. If 90 percent or more of the range’s users are law enforcement personnel, the range can stay open, but only as long as it maintains a log of the users including their names, phone numbers, and addresses.
Closing ranges would cost gun owners a place to safely practice and perform maintenance. For example, my son plans to use an indoor range to sight his new hunting rifle. That option would be limited by this bill.
One bill, SB 13, would extend the ban on firearms to Capitol Square in Richmond. Another, HB 599 in the House of Delegates and SB 15 in the Senate, would extend the ban on firearms in legislative buildings to all state buildings. This is wrong-headed. Law-abiding gun owners make buildings safer while exercising their constitutional rights.
Governor Northam’s administration is pushing eight bills that would restrict the rights of gun owners. A proposed ban on assault weapons, defined as any semiautomatic rifle or pistol with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, only allows people who currently own such weapons to keep them if they can obtain “permission” through a permit issued by the state.
Another bill would give local governments more authority to regulate firearms. Thus, state actions could only be the forerunner of local action in areas where local governments are hostile to the Second Amendment.
If enacted, these bills are likely to make little contribution to public safety. They will curb the ability of law-abiding citizens to make the most of their constitutional rights.
In Washington, too, Democrat legislators are intent on restricting Second Amendment rights, having introduced bans on some weapons, licensing, and other limitations. Fortunately, the Senate is unlikely to pass these measures and President Trump would not likely sign them.
These checks are not present in Virginia, however, where leadership in both legislative chambers and the executive branch are aligned in favor of restrictions on law-abiding gun owners.
On a happier note, I was encouraged when the Democrat majority in the House of Delegates kept proportional representation on committees, a sign that the new majority would not seek to shut out all dissenting voices.
But so far, the voice of one group of dissenters to what the General Assembly is doing, gun owners, is unlikely to be heeded.
No matter what they do in Richmond, I will continue to support the Second Amendment in Washington. I urge legislators in Richmond to do the same and reconsider proposals that place restrictions on one of our most important constitutional rights.
Accordingly, I plan to be in Richmond on January 20 for a rally supporting the Second Amendment.
If you have questions, concerns, or comments, feel free to contact my office. You can call my Abingdon office at 276-525-1405, my Christiansburg office at 540-381-5671, or my Washington office at 202-225-3861. To reach my office via email, please visit my website at www.morgangriffith.house.gov.
###

Washington, DC Office
2202 Rayburn HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
T (202) 225-3861
F (202) 225-0076
Abingdon Office
323 West Main St.
Abingdon, VA 24210
T (276) 525-1405
F (276) 525-1444
Christiansburg Office
17 West Main St.
Christiansburg, VA 24073
T (540) 381-5671
F (540) 381-5675
UPDATE SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS | PRIVACY POLICY | CONTACT US

Click Here to view this email in your browser
Click Here to be removed from this list

#58 ·
Sen. Dave Marsden, who supports Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg,
is an advocate of proposed gun control legislation and is part of the Democratic majority in the
Virginia General Assembly.

Instead of apologizing for the insensitive remarks, Marsden called Second Amendment supporters
"mentally ill" in a letter he sent following a meeting with constituents.

Mornings on the Mall host Mary Walter read part of Marsden's letter on-air and asked him to comment.
"Too many of your members and other 2A supporters appear to have mental health issues," Walter quoted.
"A significant number of these things were indicative of very unstable people, and this is worrisome," replied
Marsden. "The responses I was getting were from people who showed signs of having mental health difficulties."

We are becoming the old USSR.
They regularly used Psychiatric Hospitals to imprison people for years at a time and remove them from society.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”
George Santayana, Life of Reason, Reason in Common Sense,
Scribner's, 1905, page 284

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.