1911Forum banner

SR1911 Pricing?

29K views 141 replies 84 participants last post by  MattGT35R 
#1 ·
I've been looking around for an SR1911. I asked every dealer at the gun show this weekend if they had one. One guy responded with "got one over here". So he turns around hesitates, asks the shop owner where the SR1911 is. The shop owner turns to me and states, "that's the first and only gun I've sold today". I asked how much he got for it. He replied "$860".

I think that's a bit high. :eek: What are people paying for their SR1911s here on the site? I want to make sure I don't get bent-over on a deal.

#10 ·
Around $680. I did get an extra magazine thrown into the deal. Considering supply/demand and that I hadnt given the dealer any previous business, and I got lucky with a round of phone calls and only ended up waiting for a few days for one ... Im not complaining.

#16 ·
i'll be buying a ruger 1911 in a bit over a month (in part because i need to wait as i just bought a remington 1911 and can only buy 1 gun per 30 dayze in nj - wish i could have found a ruger 1911 2 months ago, would have gotten that before the rem). i feel reasonably confident i'll find one for under $700 before taxes, shipping a ffl fees - about $800 total, i figure.

#24 ·
rfd,

Jersey, right, yeah, ok.

I was born & raised in Fairfield NJ. I enlisted in the US Army in January 1976, retired from same in 1996. I now live in Texas. NO state income tax, low property tax.

I have a CCW. We can have high-cap mags. I can buy whatever guns I want, whenever I want; W/O the permission of Big Brudder.

Any questions then?

Jersey is green & pretty though.

#20 ·
I believe dealer pricing is around $535, so if you are getting them in the $600 range, then you are doing good with the dealer still making some profit. While it's a nice gun, I just cant bring myself to pay high 700s/low 800s for it. I haven't seen any local in my area at all.

#21 ·
I bought mine the same day I got my pistol permit. I bought it at Hoffman's in Newington, CT for $712 out the door. They said they sell 20-30 of these a week lately. They also said the reason they are able to get so many of them is because they are the highest volume of Ruger firearms. I don't know if they meant in this region or the USA. If your able to buy out of state and your close enough to drive, you could own these hard to find SR1911 for a very fair price

#25 ·
I just paid 749 at GanderMountain the 50 bucks was worth getting off the 6 month waithing lists Ive been on. Ill have the gun at my local store this Tuesday. Got confirmation it shipped yesterday. Ended up being 800 out the door with shipping and other b.s. fees.
They still have some in stock if anyone is still looking.
STM

#27 ·
Outrageous Texas Pricing

Well...I was at the gun show today in Mesquite, TX. One dealer had a SR1911. He was asking $899. :(

I offered him $650. He laughed. It was still for sale when I left the show. Someone that has to have one will probably pay that price for it. Not me. Beautiful gun though...

#28 ·
Well...I was at the gun show today in Mesquite, TX. One dealer had a SR1911. He was asking $899. :(

I offered him $750. He laughed. It was still for sale when I left the show. Someone that has to have one will probably pay that price for it. Not me. Beautiful gun though...
It's a nice gun, but for $899 he will be hauling that one back home with him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.