1911Forum banner

new e series

4K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  zebrajeb 
#1 ·
#3 ·
You will love it! Just shot mine Saturday and still glad I bought it.

#4 ·
I have the same pistol, and I think it is the best pistol I have owned in the 25 or so years I've been carrying. I am (impatiently) waiting for the VZ grips I have ordered for it, but overall I am completely satisfied with this pistol. All of the many, many guns I have owned over the years have been shot and carried on a regular basis, and this is no exception. I haven't owned any of the high end customs, nor do I expect to, I just don't have the $$$$. This pistol is as close to that as I will most likely ever get. It has all the features I wanted. I walked in to my local dealer and told him I was looking for a 1911 Commander, lightweight, with night sights and an ambi-safety. He put the Smith on the counter and I was sold.

#5 ·
Ha. That makes 3 of us.

I just had mine delivered from Bud's to my FFL last week. Just couldn't pass on the price they had! Crazy thing is, I am out of the country until next summer!

I went ahead and ordered a Milt Sparks belt and a VM2 for it to ride in. I figure that if I don't like the VM2, I can easily sell it for a bit more than I paid for it. Six month wait, but who cares... I'm not back before then anyway *laugh*.

MtnbikerX, how are the stock mags working for you? I was warned I may want to buy a Wilson mag because the stock mags aren't so great.

#6 ·
No, that makes 4 of us. I purchased my two tone SC back in March from Buds and as I speak, I have having a set of VZ corbon fiber grips installed and a new rear sight from 10-8 installed also.
The gun is great to shoot and to carry. I was using Wilson mags but wanted the flush fit and went with the Tripp mags which are great.:cool:

#7 ·
cool guys thanks for the support and info. believe me im dying to get this thing in my hands and shoot it. i have been watching vids and looking at pics on the web. thanks for the magazine heads up. are you getting them right from tripp or is there a preferred place to purchase these mags? are they standard mags or special size? sorry for the dumb question but all my other 1911 guns are full size 5 inch.

#10 ·
So envious of you guys! I can't shoot mine until I return to the USA! URGH!

I am always happy to hear what mags/grips etc. work well, as I'll probably play around with such things later.

Question for you guys... do the wood grips bulge a bit for carry, or is something thinner possibly a good change to make? I hate to remove the gorgeous wood grips, but maybe some day I'll play around with some other combos.

#11 ·
I like the wood grips that came with the SC, but a little to thick for me and that is why I went with the slim VZ carbon Fiber grips. I have slim Wilson grips on my Ultra CDP Kimber and they just feel better in my hand for me.
I purchased the Tripp mags directly from them, both for the SC and the officers size mags.

#12 ·
New E1911 standard 5 inch no rail.

After a 4 month search I finally got my 5 inch standard E1911, thought I would post my findings after 400+ rounds. First impression at the gun shop was quite impressive, fit and finish is excellent and the pistol is striking. I had only seen photos up to that point. The trigger pull is exceptional, just under 4lbs and crisp, I didn't expect this. I got it home and cleaned and inspected it and tapped the extractor pin (roll type) flush with the top of the slide to monitor any drift, it has not moved in 400+ rounds. Gun is a 6/2011 build. Fired 200 rounds on that day of a variety of 6 types of ammunition that I had on hand including the CCI flying ashtray 200 gr HP as well as my 200 gr LSWC reloads. All functioned flawlessly using the supplied mags as well as 8 others that I used. I have not tried any GI ball mags. I have now fired over 400 rounds with zero malfunctions of any kind. The slide even locks back with my practice ammo when fired by my 10 yr old daughter who loves the pistol. I have not taken the time to do extensive accuracy testing but the pistol groups 3 to 4 inches at 25yd and 6 to 8 inches at 50yd from a supported position with a variety of ammo, probably will do better off of sandbags. My only complaint is the safety marking the frame, I was aware of this thanks to this forum but didn't take the time to correct. All in all I am quite satisfied and impressed at this price point. For me this is a range gun that I intend to shoot a lot and it is very early in its life. If my copy is an average example of the production pistols, Smith and Wesson has a winner.

#15 ·
Sw1911ct 5"

I bought the Crimson Trace model about two weeks ago. I have put about 300 rounds through it. No issues as far I am concerned. I do need to adjust the laser for point of impact. Been using the iron sights. Nice weapon.

#17 ·
I'm looking at the all blue version of this masterpiece and can't imagine me carry it, although that's what I'd want it for. I'd hate to scratch it with the holster and rub off the obviously great job of bluing. I know it's just a tool but a very beautiful one. It almost begs for shrine status.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.