1911Forum banner

a find

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Billy1911 
#1 · (Edited)
"once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places..."

. I wa s visiting my LCS owner/friend the other day up in his private office and notice some guns he took in from an estate. a couple kimbers, a couple HK p 7s AND A WILSON PROFESSIONAL LW WITH A BOBTAIL(.45 acp). It has crimson trace grips installed by Wilson( not my thing but I am ok with it) and he gave me a great deal. It is a dirty gun(not for long) but it appears to be in great shape. no damage detected to inspection

the timing is off as I am shor t of $$ now(of course) due to some financial issues earlier this year.

can't wait to get it. I wanted a bob tailed commander sized gun in the next 6 mo(in .45 acp) . Was going to get a NEW DW Vbob but this deal is too good to pass up!!!

he is holding it for me... I am now working the details out with my wonderful wife for the purchase..LET THE BEGGING BEGIN. LOL!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats a nice find!

#7 ·
All you need to do is what Obama does - promise her the world and then never deliver . . . at your own risk! Nah, we know you wouldn't treat anyone that way. Nice score.

#8 ·
Great find! That's one pistol I'd find hard to pass up. You're right, on the rare occasion that a super deal pops up, the funds aren't available. This has happened to me numerous times, it's more than a coincidence that this phenomenon reoccurs, it's actually a sign to STOP purchasing firearms and focus on home upgrades, vehicle maintenance, or something else.

But, I always seem to interpret such a sign as a mere recommendation, much like the signs on the freeway that read, "55". In which case, I instinctively dismiss the writing on the wall and continue not to learn the error of my ways. :D

#10 ·
Thanks fellas

I am VERY good at "negotiating" my needs (wants/needs no difference here)

my talking point is that we will have bills until we die,so what is the difference if they are a bit higher?

I can add"it can come out of next years gun "budget"...LOL

MY friend is letting me visit the gun while it is layaway. He wants me to shoot it too BUT i want to clean and lube it first---thus requiring a trip home = $$$ then shoot :)

I am very excited about it. This may be my favorite of what I bought in 2016. The price makes it even more special

I will keep you posted and Yeah I will try to post some of my pathetic pics when possible

have a nice weekend. I wish those of you in Hermines path safety and a nice dry spot to rid e it out

I am expecting minor flooding and some range fun this weekend ...and if negotiations go well a Wilson professional...:)

#11 ·
Ask her if she wants you to keep working ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.