1911Forum banner

STI Spartan IV

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  killianbrody 
#1 ·
Anyone have one of these yet? I am really thinking of getting one. I am torn between it and a used Sig Carry. Any reports on this would be great. I know the V is a great gun and expect the same from the IV. Just wondering if anyone has shot one yet. Thanks.

#3 ·
Is yours a 9mm or 45? I have been going back and forth on getting the III in 45 but have read so much about reliability issues out of other brands 3" barreled guns that I am wary of going that route. Did you have any FTF or FTE? If so did all it need was a new magazine or other easy fix? I really like the looks and feel of 3" 1911's. Of course that goes for all size 1911's. Thanks for any info.

#4 ·
Mine is a 45. I have had 1 FTF in 500 rounds and that was 100% operator error. I didn't seat the magazine during a change when running a rapid fire drill. Tap and rack and I was back in business.

I currently have 3 magazines, the original supplied with the gun and two additional STI Officer mags. All have been completely reliable (as long as I fully seat it).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.