1911Forum banner

Colt National Match Manufacture Date...

12K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Broom Rider 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Before you ask, I did search the forums first and found the site quoted most often at:

http://proofhouse.com/colt/

But I didnt see my serial number.

I have a nice National Match that my dad just gave me that he "thinks" he bought in the 60's...and doesnt remember if he bought it new or used. Anywho, I am wondering if anyone can save me the hassle of calling Colt. It is a Colt National Match with serial number "69xx-NM". All the serial numbers I see for the national match seem to be a bit higher, but I'm not the birghtest so I could be mistaken.

Any idea of the worth of the gun? I would rate it 98% condition. My father never shot it, only cleaned it from time to time.

Thanks for the help!

#5 ·
I have some of the older National match Gold Cups and they seem to be well made guns. Well fit and accurate for a factory gun. The first year was 1957, I found one a few years ago.

#6 ·
Thanks wxl. I knew I was an idiot ;)

Since it hasnt been shot, how much value would it lose if I actually took it to the range every once in a while? It is in great condition, but I have wanted to shoot it for some time. And now that it is in MY safe, it has only got worse.

I am still debating if I want to use it as an investment, or use it for fun at the range. I dont have a gun that just sits in my safe, never saw the point in buying one of those.

But if it is worth enough, I might have to let it sit.

#7 ·
From what I've seen them go for a real nice gun like yours should be easily worth $1000 and maybe $1500...........maybe more depending on condition and who wants it. It only takes one person that can't live without it to make a sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.