1911Forum banner

Staccato P

36K views 135 replies 21 participants last post by  Kevin Rohrer 
#1 ·
Good evening everyone! I recently purchased a STI Staccato P and was told by the director of LE sales from STI that Safariland would be releasing a line of holsters for the staccato P because there were multiple departments that have opted to issue the staccato. I have emailed safariland directly as well as holsterops (a safariland dealer) and in the two months that has gone by I have not received any response. Has anyone ever dealt with safariland customer service and had this bad of a time?

#3 ·
You can order a duty holster from a company called DARA holsters (find them on line) and they will make you a holster for any weapon/light comb you want with Safariland security. In whatever finish you need.

An employee of mine has one and I recommend them. You will get a law enforcement discount also.

#8 ·
Did you get this taken care of yet? I have two of their ALS holsters that fit commander length, light railed widebody 1911s as well as the WC EDC. I'm not sure it will work with the FLDC of the Stacatto P, but I will know soon enough. We're working on a group pistol purchase with STI.

#9 · (Edited)
Good evening everyone! I recently purchased a STI Staccato P and was told by the director of LE sales from STI that Safariland would be releasing a line of holsters for the staccato P because there were multiple departments that have opted to issue the staccato. I have emailed safariland directly as well as holsterops (a safariland dealer) and in the two months that has gone by I have not received any response. Has anyone ever dealt with safariland customer service and had this bad of a time?
Did you get this taken care of yet? I have two of their ALS holsters that fit commander length, light railed widebody 1911s as well as the WC EDC. I'm not sure it will work with the FLDC of the Stacatto P, but I will know soon enough. We're working on a group pistol purchase with STI.
Good evening, unfortunately it was not resolved. After about a month and half to two months when I sent safariland an email asking 1) if there was a holster in the works. 2) if any other holster would work. And 3) if one is being made when would it be ready. The email simply said "not at this time.

#10 ·
Good evening, unfortunately it was not resolved. After about a month to month and half when I sent safariland an email asking 1) if there was a holster in the works. 2) if any other holster would work. And 3) if one is being made when would it be ready. The email simply said "not at this time.
This one worked for me. 7378-51 14/18 Commander

That is what was engraved on the back of the holster.

#16 ·
I'm thinking Safariland is having some financial difficulties. I'm in LA County and my agencies uniform supplier can't get anything from Safariland either. The uniform store manager told me they haven't received any products from Safariland in over 10 months. They have placed orders but haven't received anything from Safariland.

#21 · (Edited)
I am interested in seeing a "P" in 5", which is supposedly due out next year.

Does anyone know if either agency mentioned above allow electronic sights, and if so, does anyone carry a "P" w/ one?

#22 ·
I see that USMS now equips their specialized units w/ new version of the "P". Am wondering if that gun will be available to the masses...

#23 ·
Does anyone here carry a "P" or other model in .45ACP? I am wondering how fat that grip is.

#27 ·
What duty holster will all of you use?

And will any of you have your duty gun equipped w/ a red dot sight?

#49 ·
Safariland does have a duty holster for the Staccato P DOU but it hasn't been released yet, it should be released soon from everything that I have seen.

Now, here is a video that I've seen that talks about a Safariland duty holster that is already out that will fit it.
Our Academy staff has been T&E this holster for the past couple of months. Word is Safariland does NOT want to make it, apparently they want to go away from the SLS rotating hood system.

#30 · (Edited)
How does the electronic sight mount on the gun?

I am definitely interested in getting one of the USMS versions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.