1911Forum banner

Mods on a Milspec

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  s197shockwave 
#1 ·
Bought a SA Milspec a few months ago as my first 1911. I've been looking to get a few new parts. Does anyone know which ones work the best without any major gunsmithing?

Looking for:
Beavertail
Hammer (and sear if needed)
Thumb safety

Any pictures of your modded Milspec would help alot too.

#8 ·
Here are some old pics of my first 1911!! It now has 20 lip DIY checkering on the front strap with a Kart barrel. It is on its way back fron CCA as it just got the Melonite finish. I'll post pics when it comes back! Hope this helps!

#9 ·
My fav 1911....

#12 ·

#14 ·
It will stand out a bit. Park looks dark and near black until you have black next to it.

#18 ·
No!! :rofl:

What I ment was that the black parts will not match the park, you will notice they are a different finish.
When I first fitted my S&A grip safety ( which was blued ) I noticed a difference.
Was it a huge difference ...no.

The best advice I can give in regards to this is to fit all the parts then have the gun refinished.

After removing all that material from the frame to fit the G.S. i wasn’t to happy leaving the bare metal without a finish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.