1911Forum banner

Sig p365

8K views 67 replies 45 participants last post by  Lab4Us 
#1 ·
I was browsing for a new CC gun. I handled a Sig P365 and my palms extended below the grip and it felt weird. My hands aren't huge so I can't be the only one. Do you get used to it? Does it affect you shooting? I'd think after a few rounds I could get used to it so I won't rule it out yet but M&P Shield felt really good in the hand. Decisions, decisions.:biglaugh:

#9 ·
I carried a 3” 1911 .45 for 10+ years. Decided on a change after all these poly CCW guns came out. So I went to my LGS asked salesman to pull the Hellcat, 365, and the 43x out for me to feel, look and try out. To (ME) the best choice for myself was the 43x. It seemed to have the better trigger, feel, and purchase. Plus unknowingly it fits great in my Brigade Gunleather 3” 1911 IWB holster. This weekend I’m going to go to another LGS to pick up the Shield Arms 15 round mag. I’ve had this 43x for about 3 months now, about 200-300 rounds through her and not a single malfunction, not one. I think this is my first handgun to not have one malfunction at this point.

#10 ·
The P365's grip is indeed stubby with the flat 10-round baseplate, but that's what you're going to get if you want a pocket-sized firearm. The finger-rest baseplate gives me just enough room to get my pinky on board without adding too much to the length. I have a couple of 12-rounders, but I only use them for the range as IMO they're defeating the purpose of a pocket handgun. If you belt carry then they're better-suited, but if you're going to go with belt carry then you might as well get the P365XL instead.

#13 ·
You have to decide whether you want a gun that is the most compact or more shoot able. The two are not necessarily featured in the same gun.

Yes one does get used to the 365. Yes it does affect your shooting regardless of how much practice you put in. You will never shoot it as well as a medium or full size pistol. This is no difference than a snubbie revolver versus a bigger revolver

#14 ·
You have to decide whether you want a gun that is the most compact or more shoot able. The two are not necessarily featured in the same gun.

Yes one does get used to the 365. Yes it does affect your shooting regardless of how much practice you put in. You will never shoot it as well as a medium or full size pistol. This is no difference than a snubbie revolver versus a bigger revolver
I'm not so sure about that. I'm just as good (or suck just as bad) with a P365 as a Glock 19. Both targets were shot one right after the other at 25 yards standing.

#16 ·
When I got my SIG P938 I was sure I'd never shoot it with the flush magazine. I just HAD to have the 7 round, finger extension mag just to shoot it. My son said he preferred his with the flush mag.

So, I tried the flush mag at the range. Yes, my pinky was under the gun. Surprise to me it was fine to shoot that way and wasn't a bother at all. I still carry it with the 7 rounder, but there are times I'll carry it with the flush mag and not worry about it.

#17 ·
I have both the 365 and XL. I want to not like them because they are not a 1911 but, dang they sure do shoot good! Inside 15 yards I can shoot them as good as my Wilsons and Nighthawks. I have replaced the P365 frame with the larger XL frame and added Truglo day/night sights. Use the 12 rounder in the gun and the 15 rounder for back up. The pistols have fired 1.5K rounds each (AVG) and never had a any sort of malfunction. I don't even like plastic guns. LOL... It's hard to carry a P365 after you fool with one for a while. Sig really knocked it out of the park with this one and Milt Sparks makes holsters for the gun so I had to buy one. There is something about the grip angle and trigger reach that just feels right. Might have to check out the P320 as well. I am not a fan of Sig BETA testing their products on consumers with the first generation of P365/P320's but, it seems that they got all bugs worked out and my P365 run like a sewing machine with Federal 124 gr ammo. I still shoot my 1911 and carry them CCW. The P365 is going to my summer (it's to hot to go outside) pistol.

#18 ·
I have pretty big hands (XL gloves), but have no trouble with the P365 and flush mag. With the 12-rounder it feels like it was custom-made for me, and I shoot it as well as most full-size service pistols (1911's excluded).

#21 ·
The P365 was finally the answer for me, and it allowed me to stop buying one gun after another simply trying to find my Goldilocks gun for carry. I have plenty of decent carry options in my safe, but the P365 now gets nearly 100% of the carry rotation. A Ruger LCP usually fills in when even the P365 is too big, which is rare.

#23 ·
I was pleasantly surprised with the 365, for a small striker gun it's pretty decent. I never wanted one for the longest time but then last December I finally broke down, I didn't know they had external safety's so I decided to take a chance. I think their over priced for what they are but there's nothing wrong with them. The pinky extension works fine and the 12 round mags are even better for grip. But what surprised me the most is how well they shot, there's not a lot of small guns I can shoot well but if I pay attention to the wait for it trigger it does quite well. I won't carry for a primary it but it would make a great BUG.
(25yds unsupported)

Attachments

#24 ·
No problems here with the pinky tucked under. Love the standard 10 round mags, but spare mags are 12 rounders. I'm a lover of metal frames and hammer fired handguns, but the p365 is a tack driver, especially for a pocket carryable SD pistol.

That said, I vastly prefer a full grip on revolvers, the sizeable calibers tend to torque into a tucked pinky more; a different recoil impulse vs. Pistols. I've never been able to just dangle the pinky for some reason.

#25 ·
I bought the P365 to replace a Kel Tec PF9 I pocket carried for a few years. The P365 has 3 more rounds, is more accurate and shoots significantly softer. It is a tad shorter both length and width, a bit 'fatter' in the grip, (.100"), but for 3 more rounds...I'm starting to rethink it in terms of a all around carry. Once I use a holster, a 12 round mag is a natural. I usually carry a full size 1911, lately my SA EMP4 is seeing more carry time, lighter, a bit smaller, all in all easier to carry. It's a 10 round mag, same operating 'system' as my 1911, a couple more rounds but 9mm vs 45acp, almost a toss up. Now comes a 12 round, (a 15 round mag just came out from Sig), even smaller, lighter P365, I guess I should be grateful for having these 'problems', decisions, decisions...with a mag switch, the P365 goes from holster size to pocket carry. I have a Milt Sparks summer special holster and a Stealth Gear tuckable holster, more data needed from more carry time, we are living in great times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.