1911Forum banner

Factory Spartan 45 mags...compare to higher-end mags

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Alden2 
#1 · (Edited)
Been getting some great setup info from forum members, and one option is the Wilson 47d mags. I see they go for about $26 each.

The place I may buy the Spartan 45 is selling extra 8 round mags for $14 each. They are STI-brand, whatever comes with the gun. Checkmate or Metalform or something along those lines. Will the stock mags be okay if I'm shooting round nose or are there better mags for the uspsa shooter. I'm all about saving money but not if my reloads are going to suffer.

#5 ·
I have found the novak mags work OK for range mags where they are not dropped all the time. For being droped alot they do not hold up. Also, on the wilsons you can get extended base pads that work great if you ever put a large magwell like a techwell XT(which is GREAT and makes reloads a dream) on the gun. The extra length is needed for seating. I would get the wilsons In the long run, you will never miss the extra spent on quality mags and wilson has amazing service. If stuff wears out on the mag, I have alway had them replace it for free

#6 ·
ACT Mags In Mine

Must be a decent mag since Novak, PSI, Nighthawk and Wolff are all sticking their name on them. I have 2 that came with my Spartans and 4 more I bought because I liked the others so well.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.